Latest News from China - March 4, 2005
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Song Ping from the Futian District Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Ran Tortured and Force-Fed during Hunger Strike
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Four Women Practitioners Arrested
- [Taikang County, Henan Province] Ms. Cheng Yanhong Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Li Jing Arrested
- [Pingdu, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Li Arrested
- [Pingdu, Shandong Province] Ms. Jiang Tao Sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a Two-Year Term
- [Shenzhen, Guangdong Province] Tian Hanqin Arrested
- [Beijing] Liu Xiangfen Arrested and Her Three Children Left at Home Alone
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] The Wuhou District Brainwashing Center Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Hu Chang'e Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
- [Haerbin, Halongjiang] Haerbin Prison Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Yanqing County, Beijing] Mr. Guo Zhenge, Ms. Ji Xiuyun, and Mr. Zhao Dongwei Arrested and Sent to Labor Camp
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Nine Practitioners from Longhua County Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Dong Aifen Arrested; Her Home Ransacked
- [Weihai City, Shandong Province] The Huancui District 610 Office Sent Twelve Falun Dafa Practitioners to a Forced Labor Camp
- [Shihezi City, Xinjiang] The Police Arrest Ms. Liu Huijuan and Ms. Lian Xiuli
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Luo Hong from Beining City Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Wang Junling Arrested Prior to the Two National Conferences; Her Whereabouts Remain Unknown
1. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Song Ping from the Futian District Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
Ms. Song Ping, about 40, is from the Futian District, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province. At the end of 1999, she was arrested for going to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa and for unfurling a Falun Gong banner. She was sentenced to eighteen months in prison and released on April 25, 2001. In June 2001, she was arrested in Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, for distributing truth-clarifying materials. She was subsequently sentenced to five years in prison at the Nantong City Women's Prison so she could be "transformed".
Relevant address and telephone numbers:
P. O. Box 102, Sub-box 6, Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, 86-513-5516140 ext.
2362 and 86-513-5117336
Prison guards: Qian Chunyan, Fang Li.
2. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Ran Tortured and Force-Fed during Hunger Strike
In 2004, Ms. Tian Ran from Jinan City went on a hunger strike at the city's Liuchangshan Detention Center. She was tortured during her hunger strike. She was shackled to a dragon bed, also called a death bed for over half a month. She was also force-fed. Around November 2004, Ms. Tian was sentenced to seven years in prison. She is being held at the Jinan Women's Prison.
3. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Four Women Practitioners Arrested
On February 25, 2005, officers from the town's police station arrested four women practitioners from Dalian City in Shaobo Town, Pulandian City, within Dalian City (1). The practitioners are being held at the Pulandian City Detention Center.
(1) Pulandian City is a county level city within the Dalian municipality.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 411
The Shaobao Town Police Station in Pulandian City, Dalian City: 83370510, 83370166
The Pulandian City Detention Center: 83148520, 83148789
The Pulandian City Police Department: 83112440, 83113504
4. [Taikang County, Henan Province] Ms. Cheng Yanhong Arrested
On March 2, 2005, the Taikang County Police Department arrested Ms. Cheng Yanhong for clarifying the truth. She is being held at the county's detention center.
Relevant telephone numbers:
The Taikang County Police Department in Henan Province: 86-394-6813679,
The Taikang County "610 Office": 86-394-6824492, 86-13838606993
5. [Beijing] Ms. Li Jing Arrested
Officials from the local residential committee arrested Ms. Li Jing, from Beijing, at her home around 3:00 p.m. on February 28, 2005.
Telephone numbers of responsible officials:
Wang Xuemei, director of the Fusuijing Residential Committee in Xicheng
District, Beijing: 86-10-66560059
The Fusuijing Police Station in Xicheng District: 86-10-66162271
6. [Pingdu, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Li Arrested
Between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on February 8, 2005, the police arrested Ms. Li Li while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. She was sentenced to forced labor within three hours of her arrest.
7. [Pingdu, Shandong Province] Ms. Jiang Tao Sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a Two-Year Term
Ms. Jiang Tao was arrested on October 8, 2004, at home. The police took her to a brainwashing center where she was held in isolation. In January 2005, she was sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp to serve a two-year term. The labor camp guards deprived her of sleep around the clock, ordered her to stand for a long time, and hung her up so that only her toes were touching the ground. They also beat her, force-fed her, and prohibited her from using the restroom. Each month, she was ordered to pay 1,000 yuan for her stay at the camp.
8. [Shenzhen, Guangdong Province] Tian Hanqin Arrested
In 2000, because of his belief in Falun Dafa, Mr. Tian Hanqin, the manager of the Shenzhen Daily Newspaper in Guangzhou City, was sent to a forced labor camp for two years. In March 2004, while accompanying his wife to visit relatives, the Public Security Office of the railroad company in Guangzhou City detained him. He was sentenced to three years in prison and is currently being held in the Shaoguan Labor Reform Camp in Guangdong Province.
9. [Beijing] Liu Xiangfen Arrested and Her Three Children Left at Home Alone
On February 28, 2005, the Public Security Office broke into Ms. Liu Xiangfen's home to search her house. They arrested her while she was caring for her children. The three children were left alone with no one to care for them. Their children's ages range from 2 to 15 years old.
10. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] The Wuhou District Brainwashing Center Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
On January 23, 2004, a special agent of the Public Security Bureau arrested Ms. Lin Hong, a 45-year old senior engineer in the Eighth Design Center of the Chemical Industrial Department, while she was distributing truth-clarification material in Lasa. She has been detained since January 28 in the brainwashing center in Wuhou District, Jinhua Town, Shuangliu County. Beibei, her son, is disabled with a deformed leg and is currently being raised by his aunt.
11. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Hu Chang'e Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
At around 10 a.m. on March 3, 2005, officers from the Guanshan 610 Office picked up Ms. Huang Taoxiang and Ms. Hu Change from the Guanshan area while they were shopping at the supermarket, and forcibly took them to the Tangsun Brainwashing Center. The brainwashing center sent Ms. Hu home after determining that she had high-blood pressure. Ms Huang is still detained in the center.
12. [Haerbin, Halongjiang] Haerbin Prison Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
In 2002, the Xiangyang Police Station arrested a Falun Dafa practitioner from Xiangyang Town, Wuchang City, Haerbin. Later, the police searched his house for books and confiscated 12,000 yuan and a motorcycle (value 5,500 yuan) from his home.
He was sent to the Haerbin Prison in 2003. Prison guards instigated prison inmates to beat and torture him while on a "sitting board" for 23 hours a day for many days. When he protested the torture, they beat him more severely, causing his legs to become so swollen, that he could not walk for several days.
13. [Yanqing County, Beijing] Mr. Guo Zhenge, Ms. Ji Xiuyun, and Mr. Zhao Dongwei Arrested and Sent to a Labor Camp
Mr. Guo Zhenge from Paiziling Village, Qianjiadian area, Yanqing County, Beijing City was detained in the Yanqing Detention Center for six days because he reported the torture he had suffered to the central government. On January 30, 2005, they charged him with "possession of Falun Dafa books" and sentenced him to two years in a labor reform camp.
At 9 a.m., February 28, 2005, Ms. Ji Xiuyun from Yanqing County, Beijing City was arrested. They also ransacked her home before taking her into custody.
Mr. Zhao Dongwei, a schoolteacher from the Zhongxin Elementary School in Xiaohetun, Zhangshangying Town, Yanqing County, Beijing City showed two truth-clarification cards to his students and was reported to the authorities. His home was searched and he was arrested and detained. After learning this, the principal showed students a film that slandered Falun Dafa. Wu Deyun (86-10-69101802), the director of the fourth grade class, then asked the students to write down something negative about Falun Dafa.
14. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Nine Practitioners from Longhua County Arrested
On the evening of February 25, nine Falun Dafa practitioners from Longhua County in Chengde City, Hebei Province went to the countryside to distribute truth-clarifying materials. The authorities pulled over the small van they were in. All nine practitioners are being held in the Longhua County Detention Center, where they have been on a hunger strike since the day of their arrest.
15. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Dong Aifen Arrested; Her Home Ransacked
The district police department arrested Ms. Dong Aifen from Qianxunzhan Village in Zhuli Town, the Hanting District in Weifang City, Shandong Province at around 11:00 a.m. on March 3, 2005. Her home was also ransacked.
16. [Weihai City, Shandong Province] The Huancui District 610 Office Sent Twelve Falun Dafa Practitioners to a Forced Labor Camp
The Huancui District 610 Office in Weihai City, Shandong Province has sentenced twelve practitioners to two or three years of forced labor.
Practitioners from Xitou Village in Poyu Town, Weihai City serving two-year terms at the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp are:
Ms. Lin Caihong, born on October 1, 1951
Ms. Zhang Jianhui, born on August 3, 1957
Mr. Sun Maoyi, born on August 10, 1944
Mr. Zhang Fushan, born on June 27, 1950
Practitioners from Songxujia Village in Poyu Town, Weihai City serving
three-year terms are:
Ms. Liu Zhen, born on March 18, 1969
Ms. Wang Yun, born on January 6, 1963
Mr. Liang Bingsheng, born on December 14, 1948
Ms. Yu Shuying, born on April 25, 1963
Ms. Deng Chunling, born on April 17, 1952
Mr. Huang Zhendong, born on August 5, 1945, retired
Ms. Song Aiyun, from Laidian Village
Ms. Zou Xinjuan, from Luojia Village
17. [Shihezi City, Xinjiang] The Police Arrest Ms. Liu Huijuan and Ms. Lian Xiuli
Early 2005, Ms. Liu Huijuan from Shihezi City, Xinjiang was videotaped while placing truth-clarifying materials onto the shelves of the Aijia Supermarket. Security guards unaware of the truth of the persecution turned her in to the police. She was arrested and her home ransacked. She remains in custody.
Ms. Lian Xiuli, 53 years old, is a retired employee of the Shihezhi Textile Factory in Xinjiang. On the evening of February 6, 2005, four or five officers from the city's police department, led by an officer with the last name Gong, searched her home. The officers found a large number of Falun Gong materials and forcibly took Ms. Lian to the city's No. 1 detention center.
18. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Luo Hong from Beining City Arrested
About 8:00 a.m. on March 2, 2005, seven or eight officers, led by Cui Zhangang, the political director of the Guangning Town Police Department in Beining City, and Yao Cheng, of the Political Security Section of the city's police department, broke into Mr. Luo Hong's home. Even though the officers ransacked the home and did not find any incriminating evidence, they still forcibly took Mr. Luo into custody.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 416
Officers on duty at the Beining City Police Department: 6622217
Office of the Party Secretary of the Beining City Political and Judiciary Committee: 6622860
The main line of the Beining City Political and Judiciary Committee: 6623181
The Guangning Town Police Department in Beining City: 6622830
19. [Beijing] Ms. Wang Junling Arrested Prior to the Two National Conferences; Her Whereabouts Remain Unknown
Ms. Wang Junling, about 30 years old, was arrested about ten days ago (prior to the two conferences of the National People's Congress and the National People's Political Consultative Conference), while distributing truth-clarifying materials near the Zhixin Bridge along the North Sihuan Road in Haidian District. Her whereabouts remain unknown.
March 4, 2005