(Clearwisdom.net) On the morning of January 23, 2005, officers from the Tongchuan City Police Department, Wan Jiaoyu, Ren Hongchuan, and Li Qingwei came to the residences of all who had once practiced Falun Gong to ransack and illegally confiscate their belongings. Even if the police did not find any Falun Dafa truth-clarifying materials, dozens of practitioners were taken away by force and detained by the police.

When the gang of police came to the residence of retired worker Yu Changchun from the Dongpo Coal Mine in Tongchuan City, they turned everything upside down and damaged Yu's belongings. Without presenting a search warrant, they ransacked the house and forced everyone to take off their clothes for a body search. The clothes and money were thrown everywhere, and it was total mess. Yu's one-year-old granddaughter was so frightened that she kept crying loudly. When the police found that the aged and ill old woman (Yu Changchun's wife) had a card with the words "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" on her wall, they ordered her to take it down. They further threatened her. Because they found Falun Dafa truth-clarifying materials in Yu Changchun's house, the police took away Yu Changchun, his son Yu Xiaohong and his daughter-in-law Yang Qiaoli. Only Yu's one-year-old granddaughter and his aged and ill wife were left at home with no one to take care of them.

Yu Changchun's wife (also a Falun Dafa practitioner) was traumatized as a result of the arrest of three of her family members. She did not manage to get any information of their whereabouts and was overwhelmed with grief. As a result, on the morning of January 26, 2005, she passed away at home. At that time, only Yu's one-year-old granddaughter was at home with her. Officials from the Yintai police station had no choice but to release Yu Changchun and Yu Xiaohong (who has never practiced Falun Gong) after five days of detention and let them go home to handle the funeral for Yu Chanchun's wife.

As Yang Qiaoli persisted in clarifying the truth to the police at the time of the ransacking, she is still locked up in the Tongchuan City Detention Center. Thus she is unable to look after her father-in-law and one-year-old daughter. Yu Changchun had no choice but to leave his granddaughter with someone else to take care of her. A happy family of five is thus persecuted by the evil and broken up and in a pitiful state.

On the day of the ransacking, the police involved were ruthless. Even the homes of Yu's five daughters who have married and moved away were ransacked. The house of Yu's fourth daughter, an employee at the Dongfeng Instrument Factory in Xi'an City in particular was ransacked two to three times. They took away the computer that the children were using for learning. The police pulled Yu's fourth daughter by the hair and twisted her arm. They dragged her from her house this way, from the fourth floor to the ground level, and pushed her into a car. They took her to a guesthouse several dozen miles away to be interrogated. When they failed to achieve their goal, one by one the police slipped away and left her alone in the guesthouse. She was penniless and had no choice but to walk home alone in the middle of the night.

May 7, 2005