(Clearwisdom.net) Over the past several years, the Sichuan Wenjiang County Police Department and its local stations have repeatedly arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Luo Ying and brutally tortured her. The police once kicked her into a bush of huoma (a plant with toxic hairs on its leaves and stems, which causes extreme pain and itching) (1). She was kicked back and forth there for more than half an hour.

Ms. Luo, 60, has been a practitioner since late 1997. She participated in group exercise every morning at Wenjiang Park and benefited a lot in her physical health and mental well-being. Along with diligent practice and cultivation, she became more and more determined in her faith in Master and Falun Dafa. She and her husband have also been freed from the suffering of various illnesses through the practice.

On March 19, 2000, about 20 practitioners, including Ms. Luo, did group exercises together in a park. As a result, she was arrested and detained for 15 days at the Liucheng Police Station. She was later transferred and detained at Wenjiang Detention Center for 30 days.

In May 2000, Ms. Luo went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally arrested at Tiananmen Square. A police officer surnamed Feng at the Chengdu City Liaison Office in Beijing handcuffed her and sent her back to Wenjiang Detention Center. The director of the detention center, Chen Biqing, forced her mouth open with a toothbrush and knocked out two of her teeth. She was bleeding badly. Ms. Luo was released 15 days after the detention.

On July 18, 2000, while Ms. Luo was cooking lunch at home, seven or eight local police officers forced their way into her house. They illegally searched her home, forced her into a car and took her to Chengxi Police Station. They handcuffed her to a chair and did not give her any food to eat. Later in the afternoon they sent her to the Tashuixiang Township government, where she was forced to listen to a recorded speech and watch a video that slandered Falun Gong. Ms. Luo was not allowed to sleep at night, and during the daytime, she and two other practitioners were exposed to the scorching sun and forced to run while holding up concrete slabs. The three of them suffered this physical and mental abuse for three days and nights.

Because Ms. Luo refused to sign the "Guarantee Statements," police kicked her into a 6-foot-high bush of huoma. They kicked her back and forth in the bush for over half an hour. After the police pulled her out of the bush, they cut a bunch of the huoma and whipped her face, hands and feet. They even pulled up her clothes and whipped her body, until her whole body turned red and became swollen. At night, Ms. Luo was forced to kneel on charcoal slag for more that an hour. During the 11 days of her detention, no meal was provided, and they asked Ms. Luo to find food by herself. Even under such extreme circumstances, Ms. Luo remained firm and faced all the hardships with no fear.

After she was released, Ms. Luo continued to study the Fa and practiced the exercises. She clarified the truth to people and promoted Dafa. One day in January of 2001, while she was telling passers-by on the street about the physical and mental benefits she had gained from practicing Falun Dafa, a police officer spotted her and immediately took her to Tianfu Police Station. The police handcuffed her to a staircase and kicked the handcuffs. Although she was in excruciating pain, Ms. Luo did not say a word. At 6 p.m., the police moved her into a room, and the next day they searched her home. Two days later, Ms. Luo was transferred to Wenjiang Detention Center, where she was illegally detained for 35 days.

In March 2001, Ms. Luo visited her hometown of Jianyang. When she and her sister were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong on their way to a market, two local policemen captured them and took them to a local police station. They took away 300 yuan from Ms. Luo and 600 yuan from her sister, searched her brother's home, and detained the three of them at Jianyang Detention Center. Later, Ms. Luo was transferred from the Mahao Street Detention Center in Jianyang to Tieluqiao Detention for a total of 50 days of detention. Her brother was detained for 30 days.

In June 2001, when Ms. Luo was exchanging experiences with other practitioners at a practitioner's home in Hesheng Township one afternoon, five or six police broke in and forced them to the local police station. The practitioners were beaten with leather belts. That night, they were taken to Wenjiang Detention Center, where they were illegally detained for 15 days.

After her release, Ms. Luo continued to study the Fa and do the exercises as before. On July 19, 2001, police spotted her again when she was posting "Falun Dafa is good" on a wall. She was taken back to Chengxi Police Station. Ms. Luo strongly protested the illegal detention and the violation of human rights. The police, about 20 of them, searched her home and tried to detain her, but she refused to cooperate and managed to escape from the police station. She was forced to stay away from her home for three days.

On August 24, 2001, at around 10 a.m., while Ms. Luo was cooking lunch, five or six police broke into her home, handcuffed her, and searched her home. They released her at 6 p.m., since no evidence was found at her home.

At 11 p.m. on Oct. 5, 2001, several police from Chengxi Police Station knocked on her door when she was about to go to bed. After they found a Dafa book at her home, they forced her to a detention center and kept her there until after 10 a.m. the next day.

On November 30, 2001, when Ms. Luo was preparing lunch, several police came and took her to a police station. At 5 p.m., she was taken to Wenjiang County Detention Center for two days, and later was transferred to Wenjiang Custody Center. After her capture, Ms. Luo started protesting the repeated violations of human rights and went on a hunger strike, refusing food and water. She became very weak a few days after and was sent to a hospital for IV infusions on the fourth day, but she refused to cooperate with the persecutors. She was released on the fifth day. Back home, Ms. Luo continued with studying the Fa and doing the exercises, and she soon regained her health.

In the evening of August 5, 2002, six or seven policemen in two cars stopped Ms. Luo when she was on her way home. They searched her home and took away Dafa books and flyers. As a result, Ms. Luo was illegally detained for 40 days.

In the afternoon of August 21, 2003, when Ms. Luo had just finished taking a shower, several police from Wenjiang County Police Department and Chengxi Police Station came and searched her home again. They confiscated her cassette player and Dafa cassettes and took her away. Because she refused to have a picture taken, a police slapped her face and mouth with his shoes. Ms. Luo was again illegally detained for 15 days.

(1) "Huoma Torture" refers to a type of torture using the Huoma, a perennial plant. The huoma's stems and leaves are covered with fine hairs and poisonous thorns. Upon touching the skin, it immediately causes the skin to inflame, resulting in extreme pain and itching. The policemen use the plant to lash Dafa practitioners and also rub it on their faces and arms. They make practitioners kneel on piles of the plants or strip off their clothes and beat them down onto a pile of the plants.