(Clearwisdom.net) Wang Fengqin was a Dafa practitioner from Yantai City. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing with other practitioners to appeal for Dafa. She was arrested twice but left the detention center using the power of her righteous thoughts.

On the evening of November 11, 2000, three practitioners, including Wang Fengqin and myself, set off for Beijing to appeal. We arrived at Tiananmen Square around 1:00 p.m. the next day. Many police officers were patrolling the square, and there were few tourists. We wanted to unfurl a banner but we didn't yet have the opportunity. We walked near the arched doors of the Tiananmen Tower and discussed our plan. Wang Fengqin said, "Let's not wait any longer. All three of us can unfurl the banner and walk out."

The banner was more than three meters in length. It read, "Falun Dafa is Good" and "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa." When we walked into the square, we held up the banner and shouted with our heartfelt voices. The police surrounded us and snatched the banner. They shoved us and made us follow them. We kept shouting, "Restore Teacher's reputation! Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!"

They put us in a police car that was waiting nearby. The officers punched our faces three times right after we got in the car. Then they continued to violently beat us. My left eye swelled from the beating. They sent us to the Zhanqian Police Station and interrogated us one by one. Officials from the practitioner's city or province immediately took away those who gave their names and addresses. The rest were put in a large metal cage in the basement. About 80 people were locked in that cage. It was getting dark at around 5:00 p.m., and a group of us were taken to a remote detention center.

We were again interrogated. Some practitioners provided information and were taken away by the liaison officials from their local areas. They took individual pictures of us and yelled at us if we refused to cooperate. Those who refused were sent to different police departments. I was sent to the Chengqu Police Station in Dongcheng, Beijing. At that point I was separated from Wang Fengqin.

The next time I saw Wang Fengqin again was in late January 2001. She was skin and bones and all her hair was gone. I asked, "How did you get out of prison?" She answered, "It was impossible for them to make me say the things they wanted." She told me that she held a hunger strike and refused to cooperate with the evildoers. Her body swelled up until her feet could no longer fit into shoes. The guards saw that she was at the brink of death, so they asked for her home address. She said, "Never mind where I come from. Just send me to the train station."

She had no money, so she borrowed money from a few people and got on the train. She took a taxi after getting off the train in Yantai City. The driver was afraid to take her because of the dreadful condition she was in. She requested that the driver take her home and then she would pay him. She told the driver that she was tortured for going to Beijing and speaking up for Falun Gong. The driver was moved by her story and said, "You get a free ride." She said, "No, I have to pay if I take a taxi."

Wang Fengqin was bedridden for about one month after her release, during which time she gradually recovered. The police constantly harassed her at home. In October 2001, she was reported to police, and Zheng Tao, an officer from the Xipao Police Station, led a group of perpetrators to her home trying to arrest her, but she left before they arrived. She was forced to stay away from home to avoid abduction.

On January 25, 2003, Wang Fengqin bought a new coat for her daughter and went home to celebrate the Chinese New Year with her family. She didn't know this would be her last home visit. Around 4:00 a.m. on January 29, 2003, Wang Fengqin was abducted by perpetrators from the local 610 Office while she distributed truth-clarifying flyers near the Yantai City government. She was sent to Masanlu Police Station in Yantai City. Officer Zhang interrogated her and officer Liu wrote a report. They asked her about the source of the flyers and Wang Fengqin refused to cooperate with them. The officers grew furious and started hitting her until she collapsed onto the floor. She was not breathing. Officer Zhang noticed that she was not moving. He kicked her and said, "You are pretending to be dead." No response. The two officers were afraid, and they stopped beating her.

After Wang Fengqin died, the police sent her body to Yantai City Crematory to be held in cold storage. They ordered her husband to identify the body almost two weeks later, at which time her face was unrecognizable from torture and cold. There were bloodstains on her wrists. Her husband told the police that he could only say that the clothes on the body belonged to Wang Fengqin. The police officers said in a menacing tone, "Stop the act, we'll cremate her right away."

The police cremated the body and extorted 1,000 yuan from Wang Fengqin's husband to cover the expenses.