(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Guan Peichun, a retired staff member of the Southern Hospital of the First Military University, was wheelchair bound for many years. Her condition was diagnosed as incurable. Ms. Guan started to practice Falun Gong in 1995 and regained her health. When the persecution of Falun Gong began and the CCP's threats and harassment were too much for her, she stopped practicing. Her old diseases then reappeared, and she died in 2003.

When Ms. Guan Peichun was 73 years old, she suffered from various illnesses and lived with extreme pain. She was arthritic, and her mouth, skin and eyes were dry. She had poor vision, often felt dizzy, and her joints were severely deformed. She couldn't turn her head and relied on a wheelchair for many years. She couldn't take care of herself.

Ms. Guan had seen many doctors about her condition and taken expensive medicine, but to no avail. The World Red Cross diagnosed her illnesses as incurable. She depended on artificial eye drops everyday just to keep her eyes open. She practiced qigong for many years for better health, but it did not help. She lived in agony.

In 1995, Ms. Guan attended Teacher Li Hongzhi's fifth lecture session in Guangzhou and started on the path of Falun Dafa. Through studying the Fa and doing the exercises, she endeavored to be a good person. Shortly after beginning to practice Falun Dafa, her illnesses greatly improved. Her dry eyes totally recovered. She no longer needed the eye drops and donated her wheelchair to a clinic.

Ms. Guan's miraculous recovery was well known at the First Military Medical University. Each year, the qigong association at the university invited her to its annual meeting to speak about how she had gained better health through the practice of Falun Dafa. Many elderly people with illnesses decided to practice Falun Dafa and regained their health.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin began to persecute Falun Dafa. Former Commissioner of the university's Political Department Lei Jie, Director of the Political Department Li Haichao, and Director of the Security Division Liu Weidong persecuted practitioners despite the fact that many people became physically and mentally healthier after practicing Falun Dafa. Lei, Li and Liu kidnapped and imprisoned practitioners, confiscated their belongings and Falun Gong books, held brainwashing classes, tried to force practitioners to write the Guarantee Statement, and sent the steadfast practitioners to mental hospitals. They also investigated the families of almost 100 faculty members and students at the university. Ms. Guan was one of them.

On December 29, 2000, Ms. Guan's son-in-law Mr. Gao Xianmin, a lecturer at Jinan University, was arrested and imprisoned by the Guangzhou Tianhe District police. The police brutally force-fed him with concentrated salt water and caused his death.

Ms. Guan couldn't bear this enormous loss. Under tremendous fear, pressure and harassment, she couldn't continue the practice, and her previous illnesses recurred. She was again confined to a wheelchair and went to the hospital for treatment. She couldn't eat and suffered greatly. She died in the spring of 2003.

Before she passed away, Ms. Guan said, "The persecution against Falun Gong made me stop practicing. If I had insisted on practicing Falun Dafa, I wouldn't be dying." Her husband, a former vice-president of the Military Medical University, was persecuted to death during the Great Cultural Revolution. Ms. Guan's other family members were thus persecuted because of her husband. Her parents were forced to leave their home and it is unknown where they died.