(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Ziguang was a mathematics and physical education teacher in a middle school in Erdang Town, Fengman area, Jilin City. He had taught for dozens of years and was awarded the honor of "Extraordinary Teacher." Once when he was setting up the electric line for the school, he fell down from the table, causing a serious lumbar protrusion. It cost tens of thousands of yuan for his therapy, but it was all in vain. The pain of the injury tortured him so much that he could not teach anymore. He had to leave his teaching post and rest at home.

It was at this time that Mr. Wang started to practice Falun Gong. He deeply felt the compassionate salvation of Teacher Li. He no longer needed his thick glasses and his back pain also disappeared. Wang Ziguang took the initiative of doing the work of a Dafa teaching assistant, going everywhere to spread Dafa. More predestined people came to learn Falun Dafa one by one.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Wang Ziguang decided to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He and other practitioners stepped onto Tiananmen Square and were then arrested and taken back by policemen to their hometowns and sent to brainwashing classes. In the class, policemen forbade Mr. Wang from appealing again, threatening him with dismissal from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Wang Ziguang chose to resign from the CCP immediately. He was detained in the police station for a day and a night. Later, he was detained in the Jilin Detention Center for 15 days. The policemen forced his family to submit an "accommodation fee."

In October 1999, Wang Ziguang went to Tiananmen Square for the second time. He entered the People's Hall and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Wang Ziguang was taken to Jilin Detention Center and later was transferred to Huanxiling Labor Camp in Jilin.

In the detention center, the guards instigated criminal inmates to torture Wang Ziguang using vicious means. Several criminals beat him, forced him to brush his teeth with the phlegm of the criminals, and forbade him from eating.

In the labor camp, the environment for studying the Fa and practicing the exercises was taken away. Furthermore, Mr. Wang was beaten frequently and could not get enough to eat. Under such bad conditions, Wang Ziguang's health kept getting worse. At that time, the labor camp ordered his wife, a former practitioner in Changchun Women's Labor Camp who had been "transformed," to force him to give up Dafa. Wang Ziguang sadly signed the divorce agreement letter.

Suffering from both mental and physical attacks, Wang Ziguang, who believed firmly in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," was tortured nearly to death. The authorities did not release him until September of 2000 when they saw that he was dying. By then, Wang Ziguang had entered the late phase of liver ascites. His abdomen became terribly swollen, and he could not eat or drink anything. Three months later, in December 2000, Wang Ziguang passed away due to the persecution.