Latest News from China - February 10, 2005
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Chai Jian Abducted
- [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xu Yanfeng Sentenced to Four Years in Prison
- [Nanyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Qiao Lanzhao and Ms. Wei Xiuping Illegally Detained
- [Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Zhongfu Tortured in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ren Yanjie and Ms. Zhao Hongyan Abducted
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Qingming Abducted
- [Liaoning] Policemen Entrapped Mr. Cao Gang
- [Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Jiaxin Detained
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Two Practitioners from Liaozhong County Abducted
- [Shenyang City] Mr. Liu Huayu Abducted Secretly
- [Hunan Province] Ms. Zhou Weihong Abducted Again
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Meng Qinglan Abducted
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Policemen from Luyuan Police Station Abducted Falun Gong Practitioners Again
- [Chifeng City, Neimenggu Province] Ms. Yang Guifen Abducted
- [Yi County, Hebei Province] Mr. Yan Hequan Sentenced to Eleven Years
- [Nanning City, Guangxi Province] Ms. Cai Junping and Mr. Liang Shengping Abducted and Detained
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Liu Baoqun's Persecution Experience
- [Liaoning Province] Mr. Guo Yulong Forced into Homelessness
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution Ms. Pei Xiaoxia's Family Suffered
1. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Chai Jian Abducted
On the morning of March 7, 2005 Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chai Jian was in the Construction Bank located at Luoyang Road in Jinzhou City. Four policemen came in, accosted him and tried to take him away. Later they called more policemen and took him. Mr. Chai was illegally detained at the First Municipal Detention Center of Jinzhou City.
2. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xu Yanfeng Sentenced to Four Years in Prison
Mr. Xu Yanfeng was a product design engineer in Shuguang Vehicle and Bridge Company in Dandong City and has been practicing Falun Gong since 1995. In November 2003, he purchased a computer and a printer to download truth-clarifying materials about Falun Gong from Clearwisdom.net and prints them for distribution. He was reported to the police and abducted. In March 2004, he was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. In July 2004, the government reversed its decision. However, on January 4, 2005 the Zhenan District Court in Dandong City illegally sentenced him to a four-year prison term on the trumped up charge, "Involved in utilizing Falun Gong to break the law."
Telephone number of Zhenan District Court: 86-415-4143871
3. [Nanyang City, Henan Province] Mr. Qiao Lanzhao and Ms. Wei Xiuping Illegally Detained
Mr. Qiao Lanzhao and Ms. Wei Xiuping are husband and wife. When they were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong in Huyang Town, Tanghe County, policemen from the Huyang Town Police Station abducted them. They are now being detained in Tanghe County.
4. [Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Zhongfu Tortured in a Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Wang Zhongfu was an employee of Jiuzhan Agriculture Research Station in Jilin Province. On May 18, 2003 when policemen from the fourth brigade of Jiutai Forced Labor Camp were forcibly trying to "transform" him, his arm was broken. The policemen involved in the torture are Li Xiaofei, Zhang Xin, and Wang Hongying.
5. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ren Yanjie and Ms. Zhao Hongyan Abducted
On March 8, 2005, Ms. Ren Yanjie was abducted by officials from the Police Department of the Railway Company. Ms. Zhao Hongyan was abducted by representatives from the Police Station of the Locomotive Division.
6. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Liu Qingming Abducted
On February 25, 2005, Mr. Liu Qingming from Shenyang City was abducted. He is now being detained in the brainwashing center at Zhangshi Correctional House. Other practitioners who were also detained with him included Mr. Feng Gang, Ms. Wang Juan, Ms. Ma Yuping, Mr. Sun Shiyou, and Mr. Sun's wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. Mr. Feng Gang was sent to Masanjia Prison Hospital after he held a 13-day hunger strike.
7. [Liaoning] Policemen Entrapped Mr. Cao Gang
On March 8, 2005 at about 3 p.m., Zhang Guang, the director of the Police Station in Jianye Township Linghai City called Mr. Cao Gang's home and asked Mr. Cao to pick up his motorcycle which had been confiscated two years earlier when Mr. Cao distributed truth-clarifying material about Falun Gong. When Mr. Cao arrived at the Police Station, the policemen sent him to the Detention Center in Linghai City. Other policemen involved include Yang Baocai and Tian Tao. Mr. Cao Gang is now on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention.
Information of the Police Station in Jianye Township:
Zhang Guang, the director of the police station: 86-416-8139967 (Home), 86-13634944567 (Cell)
Yang Baocai, the policeman 86-416-8633098 (Home)
Tian Tao, the policeman 86-416-8138009 (Home)
8. [Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Jiaxin Detained
On January 21, 2005, Mr. Wang Jiaxin from Wuhan City was abducted in the Jiaji area in Jiangan District. On January 26, his home was searched. He was illegally detained in the detention center in Jiangan District.
9. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Two Practitioners from Liaozhong County Abducted
On the evening of March 7, 2005 two Falun Gong practitioners from the vicinity of Shenyang City were abducted in Ciyutuo Town, Liaozhong County. The abducted practitioners; a male practitioner about 45-year-old, 172 cm (5'6") tall, dense eyebrows, heavy, and wearing a light down-filled coat; a female practitioner about 35-year-old, 152 cm (5") tall, heavy, and in a purple down-filled coat.
10. [Shenyang City] Mr. Liu Huayu Abducted Secretly
On November 7, 2004 when Mr. Liu Huayu went to the market to buy food, he was secretly abducted by policemen from Dadong Police Division in Shenyang City and the National Security Brigade. Later his home was searched. His wife was also a Falun Gong practitioner and was forced to leave home. No one knows her whereabouts.
Mr. Liu's home address: 61-1 Taichuan Lane, Dadong Road, Dadong District, Shenyang City. Tel: 86-24-24328856
11. [Hunan Province] Ms. Zhou Weihong Abducted Again
Ms. Zhou Weihong was an employee of Lin Paper Group in Yuyang City. She was detained for one and half years in 2000. After her release, she was refused work and was harassed and frequently taken to the police station. On March 8, 2005 officials from the local neighborhood administration office, policemen from the local police division and national security brigade abducted her yet again from her home. They then sent her to Baimanian Forced Labor Camp and tortured her there.
12. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Meng Qinglan Abducted
On Chinese New Year 2005, Ms. Meng Qinglan from Bin County visited her relatives. She clarified the truth about Falun Gong and was reported to the police by the local village Communist Party Secretary. The Police abducted her soon afterwards.
13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Policemen from Luyuan Police Station Abducted Falun Gong Practitioners Again
On March 7, 2005, Ms. Yu from Changchun City was abducted by four policemen from the Luyuan Police Station as she was leaving a building. Currently, no one knows her whereabouts.
14. [Chifeng City, Neimenggu Province] Ms. Yang Guifen Abducted
Ms. Yang Guifen lives in Houwujia Village, Jianchangying Town, Yuan Baoshan District. On March 1, 2005 she was abducted and now she is detained in Pingzhuang Detention Center.
15 [Yi County, Hebei Province] Mr. Yan Hequan Sentenced to Eleven Years
On the night of August 27, 2001 Mr. Yan Hequan was abducted by policemen from the Police Department of Yi County, Hebei Province when he was distributing truth-clarifying materials. Then he was detained in Yi County Detention Center and his motorcycle was also kept by the police. In December 2002, Mr. Yan Hequan was sentenced to eleven years. He was jailed in the 6th division of the Welding Brigade in Baoding Prison and is suffering from high blood pressure.
16. [Nanning City, Guangxi Province] Ms. Cai Junping and Mr. Liang Shengping Abducted and Detained
Ms. Cai Junping from Nanning City and Mr. Liang Shengping from Teng County were abducted in Nanning City in September 2004. In early January 2005, Chengbei District Court in Nanning City tried to sentence them to prison, but failed. They are still detained in the Second Municipal Detention Center in Nanjing City without legal cause.
17. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Liu Baoqun's Persecution Experience
Mr. Liu Baoqun is a 32-year-old citizen of Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province. He graduated from the City Environment Protection Department of Beijing University in 1995 and started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. When he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in 2001, he was sentenced to the Forced Labor Camp of Shijiazhuang City for three years.
In the labor camp, Mr. Liu was beaten and tortured. Once the police handcuffed his hands and hung him on an iron bed frame for over one hour. This torture caused serious bruising to his hands and his right hand was numb for over six months. He was forced to work over ten hours every day. After he was transferred to the 202 Brigade, he was forced to sit on the tiger bench for five days and nights without sleep.
When he was released he returned home only to have the police abduct him to a brainwashing center in January 2004, because he refused to give up his believe in Falun Dafa. In the brainwashing center, policeman Jiang Qingchun beat him many times and didn't let him use the bathroom or sleep.
18. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Guo Yulong Forced into Homelessness
On March 4, 2005 officials from the Police Division in Liaozhong County ordered Gaosheng police to abduct Mr. Guo Yulong. The policemen from the Gaosheng Police Station, along with the policemen from Zhenxing Police Station of Liaohe Oil Field and officials from the Neighborhood Administration office of the Huayuan area, went to Mr. Guo's home, but didn't find him there. Mr. Guo was forced to leave his home become homeless to avoid arrest.
19. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution Ms. Pei Xiaoxia's Family Suffered
The policemen from Yangming District abducted Ms. Pei Xiaoxia's whole family on October 22, 2003. Shortly after that, her husband, Mr. Wang Mingzhu, escaped from the police station with righteous thoughts. Then Mr. Wang and his sister were forced to leave home and become homeless to avoid further persecution. Ms. Pei Xiaoxia was sentenced to five years. She is being detained and tortured in the Women's Prison of Heilongjiang Province.
In October 2004, Mr. Wang Mingzhu and his sister, Ms. Wang Mingxia, were abducted again. They were detained and tortured in Xinlong Detention Center, Mudanjiang City. According to reliable information, Ms. Wang Mingxia is on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.