Facts of the Persecution

1. Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yang Wenping from Shunyi District Is Abducted Before the Chinese New Year

Ms. Yang Wenping from Dongzhuanghu Village, Yang Town, Shunyi District was tortured while in police custody until her legs were severely damaged. She was then arrested from her home again before she recovered enough to stand up. Her two daughters were crying and her mother-in-law was pleading with the police, but to no avail. Ms. Yang Wenping was sentenced to two and half years of forced labor, but later released because of her bad physical condition after enduring severe torture. Policeman Zhang Zhongyue (Deputy Director of Yang Town Substation) was involved in her arrest.


2. Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Wang Guo-en from Hengshui City, Hebei Province

Mr. Wang Guo-en from Dasenxiaotun Village, Hengshui City, Hebei Province was physically abused by the local 610 Office and the police because of his persistence in cultivating Falun Dafa. On February 27, 2003, the police from Damasen Township Substation ransacked Mr. Wang's home and then arrested him at his relative's home in nearby Sunjiatun Village. On March 3, 2003, Mr. ÂWang Guo-en was sent to Hengshui City Detention Center, where he was shocked with electric baton twice and handcuffed with the hands behind the back for 28 hours. On July 3, 2003, he was transferred to Gaoyang Labor Camp in Baoding City. While in that labor camp, he was tortured many times. The worst occurrences were on July 14, 2003 and May 20, 2004, when he was brutally beaten on the head with a metal object.


3. Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Huang Yanjun, Ms. Zhu Yun, and Others Are Being Tortured in Masanjia Labor Camp

Ms. Huang Yanjun from Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province is being tortured in Masanjia Labor Camp. At first, former practitioners who turned against Dafa took turns to beat her, three or more at a time, three times a day. They wanted to force her to accept the brainwashing by kicking her, holding her under a huge wooden board, hanging a plate or a bag of sand from her neck, ordering her to wear a high hat to humiliate her, stomping her while she was on the ground, making her remain standing for a long time, depriving her of sleep, hanging her up by the handcuffs, shocking her with electric baton, locking her up in a small cell (1), and putting an electrified metal hat on her head, and pulling her hair out. She was covered with injuries but still refused to give up her belief. They hired 30-40 policemen from out of town and tortured her in a secret room until she suffered a mental breakdown. Ms. Zhu Yun from Huludao City is also detained here, and she has been tortured with force-feeding since the spring of 2004.


4. Persecution of a Family in Yichang City, Hubei Province - Husband Died, and the Wife Put in a Forced Labor Camp

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Tan Wenyan was 64 years old. In October 1998, Mr. Tan and his wife started cultivating Falun Dafa, and physical problems in his legs were cured within forty days. After the persecution began, Mr. Tan's employer and the local 610 office kept harassing him at home, finally forcing him to give up the practice. His physical condition slowly deteriorated. In October 2000, his wife went to Beijing to clarify the truth, and she was brutally beaten by the police in Beijing anddetained in Yiling District First Detention Center. While passing out truth clarifying materials in August 2001, she was abducted by policeman Xi Zhuxin. She was detained and then sentenced to two years forced labor. Mr. Tan could no longer take care of himself, and his condition worsened without his wife to help look after him. Mr. Tan Wenyan died in January 2003.


5. Ms. Li Yunxian, Ms. Zhao Suzhen, Ms. Liang Yuqin, and Ms. Li Suqiu Died as a Result of the Persecution

Ms. Li Yunxian was 83 years old, a retired teacher from Kaifeng City, Henan Province. She was harassed and threatened many times by the 610 officials, the police, and the Neighborhood Administration because she practiced Falun Dafa. Her daughter was abducted and sentenced to forced labor due to her firm belief. Ms. Li Yunxian died in July 2003 as a result of the stress placed upon her by the persecution.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhao Suzhen was 67 years old, from Shangshui County, Zhou Kou City, Henan Province. She was abducted by the County State Security Agency to Shangshui County Detention Center in 2000 while passing out truth clarifying materials. She was released several months later and died in January 2003.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liang Yuqin from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province was 66 years old. She was afflicted with many illnesses before cultivation, and her family members also had unusual illnesses. In 1995, Ms. Liang was lucky to find Falun Gong, and her whole family became healthy and harmonious. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, she lost the cultivation environment, and her old illnesses returned. She died on January 27, 2005.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Suqiu was 81 years old. Her diseases were gone after cultivating Falun Dafa. After July 20, 1999, the police tried to arrest her oldest daughter and came to her house to harass her many times. Ms. Li Suqiu was placed in deep distress and her health deteriorated. She died on May 30, 2002.


6. Four Falun Dafa Practitioners in Kangping County, Liaoning Province Died during the Persecution

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yin Shuzhen was 74 years old. She had been very sick and was taking medicine all year around. In 1995, after she started practicing Falun Dafa, her illnesses were cured. After 1999, the persecution started, the employer of her husband (retired, also a Falun Dafa practitioner) often sent people to her home to try to force them write a guarantee statement giving up practicing Falun Dafa. Her son and daughter, both practitioners, were arrested while validating the Fa. She was deeply distressed and suffered a stroke. Ms. Yin passed away on October 30, 2004.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Xuezhi was 77 years old. She had severe heart disease and diabetes. Both conditions quickly improved after she practiced Falun Dafa in 1996. She held her belief firmly and went to Beijing to appeal together with her husband and daughter at the end of 2000. Policemen from the local substation kept harassing her upon returning home, and her physical condition worsened. She died on May 2, 2004.

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Kui was 71 years old and a former CCP Kangping County Committee member. He had a cerebral hemorrhage, but was cured after practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. After the persecution of Falun Gong started, his former work unit head Chen Gao and others often came to his home to intimidate and harass him, threatening him with disciplinary actions from the Party and withholding his pension. Mr. Chen refused to write a guarantee statement giving up practicing Falun Dafa, even under great pressure. His son, a non-practitioner, wrote one for him, which hurt him deeply. His old illness eventually came back, and he suffered a stroke. Mr. Chen died on February 19, 2001.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Jin Qiuhua from Xiaochengzi Town was 36 years old. She went to Beijing to appeal in October 1999 and was detained locally for more than one month. Later, the local police kept harassing her at home, forcing her to write guarantee statements and taking her photo and fingerprints. As a result of constant harassment and intimidation, she died on October 2, 2004.