(Clearwisdom.net) I am a 55 year-old Falun Gong practitioner from Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province. I began to practice Falun Gong in 1998, and changed from being a very sick person to a healthy person. Today I will tell you about a miracle I experienced recently. My human notions brought on an almost fatal tribulation, and righteous thoughts helped me pass this life and death test.

There are more than ten Falun Gong practitioners in our village. Most are elderly women between 60 and 70 years of age. For the past two years, we have met almost every evening to study the Fa, practice the exercises and share our cultivation experiences. We go home after sending forth righteous thoughts at 12 midnight. My home is quite a distance from where we meet. Therefore, I generally do not get to bed before 1 a.m.

On October 11, 2004, I was very sleepy and tired and decided to go to bed early the next day and just skip the next evening's Falun Dafa meeting. I stuck with my decision and did not go out the next evening. I wanted to read Zhuan Falun, but I was too sleepy to concentrate. I read for half an hour, and decided to stop reading, go to bed, and finish the chapter the next evening. I went to bed before 9 p.m. At 2 a.m., I tried to turn over, but found it difficult. I felt an unbearable pain in my back. I just could not sleep for the rest of the night, although I felt that I needed the rest. There was nothing I could do.

On the second day, my nephew wanted to buy furniture, and told me that he could not do so without my help. I reluctantly went with him. The excruciating pain almost prevented me from getting back home. Yet, I still did not understand that the dark minions of the old forces were exploiting my loopholes. It did not occur to me that they were interfering with me and persecuting me. At that time, I actually did not have the correct righteous thoughts. I did not completely oppose the old forces' arrangements, and thus did not immediately eliminate the dark minions and rotten ghosts in other dimensions. It caused them to persecute me recklessly, and I was almost caught in a deathtrap.

When I lay down, I held many human notions and thoughts, "If I lie down, who will take care of my grandson? Who will cook?" Therefore, I became worried. I asked my husband to massage me. He pushed up his sleeves and pressed down firmly. I felt such excruciating pain that I blurted out, "Don't press, something is wrong!" I felt my back was pushed towards the other side. I said, "Can you slowly press this side." He pressed firmly again, and I felt my whole body collapse. It was as if paralysis set in, and I feared I would become disabled. Thoughts of, "This is the end!" rushed through my mind, and I was really scared!

I lay in bed, could not move, and could neither eat nor drink. My face was pale, and I sweated profusely. Fellow practitioners visited me daily. Other people asked me to see a doctor, and my children urged me to go to the hospital. I told them, "It's ok, I will be fine after three to five days rest." I endured it like that, and on the fourth day, I ate half a bowl of porridge. That night, I had a severe stomachache, and a bubble of gas escaped from my abdomen. I could feel the bubble pass my chest and escape through my throat. I nearly suffocated. The uncomfortable feeling at that time is indescribable. I could not get up to go to the bathroom and urinated in the bed. Everything swam before my eyes and I saw double images. It appeared as if my life was ebbing away. At midnight, I could no longer bear it. I suddenly remembered Teacher, and loudly shouted in my heart: "Teacher, please quickly rescue me! Quickly rescue your disciple!" I do not remember when I went to sleep.

It was the fifth day of my suffering. I stayed in bed. After breakfast, an elderly female practitioner visited me. As soon as she arrived, she said: "You are still lying down! Quickly get up to send forth righteous thoughts!" I couldn't move. How could I get up? But, I immediately realized that this thought was not right. I pushed myself: "I need to get up, I must get up!" I supported my body with both hands, and exerted all my strength. My entire body was soaked in sweat, but I finally was able to lean against the bed. I struggled to send forth righteous thoughts for ten minutes. I needed to clear away the dark minions and rotten ghosts that interfered and persecuted me. It was 9 a.m. After sending forth righteous thoughts, I could sit up. I again sent forth righteous thoughts at 10 a.m. When the elderly practitioner saw that I could sit up straight, she said, "I asked someone to come and get you. Let's go to the study group on the west side of the village."

I live on the east side of the village, and it is three miles to the west side. Therefore, I told her, "Please, don't ask others to get me. We don't want to cause a negative impact on Falun Dafa. I can go by myself. You go ahead and I will come after washing my hair and changing my clothes." I asked my daughter-in-law to help me get up and wash my hair. My husband heard that I was going to study the Fa on the west side of the village. He was concerned and asked me, "How can you go, in your condition!" I told him that I was all right, and asked him to take the bike to the front of the house. He wanted to take me there, but I refused his help.

I walked out the front door holding on to the wall and began to push the bicycle. I lost control of my right leg. I was experiencing symptoms of a stroke. My legs were wobbly. It took me half an hour to walk three hundred meters. I looked at my watch; it was 20 minutes to noon. How could I get there in time to send forth righteous thoughts? I knew that I must ride my bike. With this thought, I put my leg on the bike pedal without hesitating. Before me was a steep hill. Generally, I always had to push my bike up this hill, but this time, I felt someone push me from behind and I did not need much strength to get to the top. Suddenly, without my realizing, I arrived at the meeting place. The practitioners were pleasantly surprised to see me. Inside the gate, there were three stairs. My nephew's wife wanted to help me, but then stopped herself, and encouraged me instead, "Aunt, come up!" I said "Up!" My steps were steady, and I walked up the three levels of stairs!

I was just in time for sending forth righteous thoughts. I sat on the sofa, and had a quilt behind me. I was half sitting and half lying down. At that time, my face was totally pale, and my hair was wet. During the first five minutes of clearing up my own dimensions, my body leaned forward, but gradually I could sit straight. As soon as I held my hand straight in front of the chest, my upper body straightened up, as if someone was pulling me up. Once I sat upright I felt that the force that helped me let me continue on my own. After 15 minutes of sending forth righteous thoughts, I suddenly could stand up, and my back no longer hurt! I had control of my legs again! I walked around the room. "Look, I am all right now!" My fellow practitioners witnessed this miraculous change, and burst into tears because they had experienced Teacher's great mercy and Dafa's mighty power.

That afternoon we were to study the Fa with practitioners in a neighboring village. My fellow practitioners were still concerned about my condition and thus suggested that we would not go there, but stay in our village and study the Fa. I told them, "No, let's go together." Someone offered to take me on a motorbike, but I insisted on riding my own bike. The meeting place was about four miles from ours. We had to cross a lake and go up a hill. To our surprise, I was the fastest among us. It was as if somebody was pushing me from behind.

My family and neighbors had all witnessed this incident. They saw that I was bedridden and could not move in the morning, and was back to normal at noon. It was as if nothing had happened. They are now convinced that Falun Gong is supernormal!

After I passed this ordeal, I looked inwards according to the principles of Falun Gong. I felt that this ordeal should not have happened. I understood that I still held human notions, and the dark minions had taken advantage of my loopholes.

I understand now that I should not have stayed in bed when the tribulation first occurred. I should have realized that it was not an illness, but that the dark minions were interfering and persecuting me. I should have then eliminated them with righteous thoughts. Instead, I lay in bed and quietly endured. This was accepting the old forces' arrangements. Looking back, I understand now that I should not have asked my husband to massage me. Didn't I treat the tribulation like an ordinary illness? Moreover, I held unrighteous thoughts: "Something is wrong" and "That's the end."

Master stated,

"We have said that good or evil comes from a person's spontaneous thought, and the thought at that moment can bring about different consequences." (Zhuan Falun).

During this final period of Fa-rectification process, Teacher has told us that practitioners "...should let go of their long-standing human attachments and start to seize the day and comprehensively save the world's people." ("Let Go of Human Attachments and Save the World's People"). Thinking back, I realize now that I still had an attachment to laziness and pursuit of comfort. I wanted to "rest for three to five days." I suffered the consequences of my unrighteous thoughts and was in bed for four days.

A local elderly practitioner, over 70 years old, had a similar experience. She also wanted to rest for a night, and went to bed just after 9 p.m. As soon as she lay down, she began to suffer from diarrhea for half the night, and could not sleep. She told us that she no longer holds the thought of "resting for one night."

I felt deep regret, because I did not think of Teacher until I was desperate. Our great and merciful Teacher is guarding every practitioner every moment, and practitioners should think of Teacher at all times. When the ordeal occurred, I should have asked Teacher to strengthen me, and face it with righteous thoughts.

"When disciple has strong righteous thoughts, Teacher has the power to do anything for you." (Hongyin II).

"Grand talk counts for naught when it comes to life and death, Actions reveal what is true." ("The Knowing Heart")

Only during such times will we be able to recognize how diligent we are and how steadfast we are on our cultivation path.

Remembering this ordeal and what I "should not do," I feel deep regret, and yet, I also feel certain that I truly am under Teacher's merciful protection, and I hold steadfast righteous thoughts and faith! This experience enabled me to gain a deeper understanding, grow and raise my cultivation level. I validated Dafa through my personal experience, and was able to give a hint to ordinary people about the power of Dafa.

If I were not a Falun Gong practitioner, I would most likely still be bedridden, in a hospital, or maybe paralyzed, or worse. Every time I think about this incident, I cannot hold back my tears. My gratitude to our great Teacher cannot be described in human language. I can only become more diligent on my path of Teacher's Fa-rectification, and I won't disappoint Teacher's merciful salvation.

Finally, let's together study Teacher's article, "Eliminate the Dark Minions With Righteous Thoughts,"

"Stop letting the evil exploit gaps, and stop being interfered with by human attachments. Do well the things that Dafa disciples should do, and walk the last leg of the journey well. Righteous thoughts, righteous actions."