Ms. Dong Xiuqin was persecuted many times for practicing Falun Dafa. Because of endless harassment by persecutors, her family tried to prevent her from leaving home, but she managed to go out and find opportunities to "clarify the truth." She was pressured into being homeless for an extended period of time. Upon returning home, her family strictly prevented her from going out. As a result of relentless persecution, she became ill again and died in November 2004.

Ms. Dong Xiuqin, around age 50, lived in the Sanjiaoxian, Changyi District, Jilin City, and had a 24-year-old son. Practicing Falun Dafa improved her mind and body. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began in 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal in September and was arrested. After her arrest she was handcuffed and transferred to her hometown, where she was detained and persecuted in a brainwashing center. On October 22 and 23, a month after being detained in the brainwashing center, she was sent to the Jilin Third Detention Center, where she continued to clarify the truth. She was released several months later.

Dong Xiuqin became the focus of persecution by the local neighborhood committee and district police upon coming back home. They frequently harassed her until her family, unable to bear the pressure, locked her up at home. Despite this, she still looked for opportunities to go out and distribute truth clarification materials. She and two other Falun Dafa practitioners went to Jiaohe City to clarify the truth in the fall of 2001. They were reported to the police and one of them was arrested. Under the threat of being arrested, Dong Xiuqin was later forced into homelessness for an extended period of time.

After she returned home, her family restrained her even more strictly. She developed a tumor the size of an egg in her stomach, but it disappeared through studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. Later, another tumor developed in her lower abdomen, preventing her from managing her daily activities. The incision from the operation to remove the tumor did not heal and she suffered from excessive fluid retention. Ultimately, Dong Xiuqin died in November of 2004.

February 20, 2005