(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Dafa disciple from Tangshan, Hebei province. I am 51 this year, and I obtained the Fa in September 1996. I was detained at the police department and detention center for 54 days in 2001 because I attended a group exercise in the park. In 2002, I was forced to attend a brainwashing class for three months because I refused to renounce Falun Gong. Under Master's compassionate protection, I was able to return to the immense current of Fa-rectification after being released from unlawful imprisonment both times.

Last July, I went to police departments and law firms to clarify the truth with two fellow practitioners. On September 10, five practitioners and I went to Tiananmen Square to send forth righteous thoughts, and play the role of Dafa disciples well.

1. Stepping into Cultivation under Master's Guidance and Hints

In 1989, I had a severe blood disease, which, according to the doctor, was incurable. When the doctor told me that it was hopeless, I left the hospital with my husband's help. I had thought about spending the remainder of my life living with an old nun who lives in Bijia Mountain, Huludao City. But considering my husband, who cared about me so much, and my son, who was still very young, I could not make such a decision. In such a hopeless situation, I started learning some Qigong. However, my sickness continued to worsen after practicing that Qigong for three months, so I decided to learn Falun Gong. From September to October 1996, I learned for one month, but I still had an everyday person's attitude, and never got up in the morning to do the exercises. When a practitioner asked me why I didn't want to do the exercises, I answered that I was very weak physically so I could not get up in the morning. Fellow practitioners told me that they were going to play the video of the Jinzhou City Falun Gong Cultivation Experience Sharing Conference. I went to watch it. The next morning, I went to the exercise site at 5 a.m. Due to my disease, my face, hands and feet were purple at that time. After I changed my notion, I started really believing in Gods, and my disease was gone in 20 days. Later, I realized that our great, merciful Master was saving me and helped me step on the road of cultivation.

2. Group exercise in public, frightening the evil, waking up sentient beings

In the spring of 2001, at the peak of the persecution of Falun Gong, in order to validate the wonderfulness of Dafa, we decided to do the exercises in the park. I discussed this with my husband. He was strongly against it, and locked the door and bicycle with big locks, but I still went out and got to the park on time. When we were doing the exercises, a woman who was walking a dog yelled at us and threatened that she was going to report us to the police. We ignored her and kept doing the exercises. After a while, a policeman really came. He angrily broke our tape player, and warned us not to run away. Then he called for police cars. In half an hour, more and more people surrounded us to see what was going on, and a lot of people asked questions about Falun Gong. Another practitioner and I answered their questions calmly, without any fear. More than 300 people were listening to us, and then police cars arrived. All nine of us were taken to the police department. At the police station, they used all kinds of methods interrogate me. I refused to cooperate with them, then they tried lying, saying that my husband was fired from his workplace because he didn't do his best to stop me. Somebody asked me for my son's telephone number, but I refused to answer. That night, I was sent to a detention center.

In the detention center, the environment was very harsh, but I didn't feel suffering. If I were found "guilty," I would lose my 1000 yuan retirement salary every month. Our peaceful group exercise in public was ranked as the most important case in Hebei Province. According to the detention center rules, one can go home as soon as he signs the guarantee statement and some people indeed signed the statement. To make our righteous thoughts more solid, we started reciting Master's articles, and we decided to send forth righteous thoughts at 6 a.m. Seven criminals ran to stop us as soon as we started sending forth righteous thoughts, and they reported our actions to the authorities. However, our righteous thoughts frightened the evil, and they didn't take action against us. Another time, policemen tried to force us to memorize the rules of the detention center, but we, as a group, refused to do so, and we prevailed.

One day, the director of the detention center, Zhang Xin, told me to pack up and go home. At that time, I was suffering many disease symptoms. My illness histories used up 2 pages. My whole body was severely swollen. I was not afraid, for I knew that it was not really an illness. When Zhang Xin was talking to me, everybody in the room was listening to us quietly. I said, "If you ask me to write a guarantee statement, I won't go home no matter what." Just like that, I went back home under Master's compassionate protection. Within a few days, my body was completely recovered, which validated Dafa's power once again.

3. I speak the truth since I cultivate "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance"

In 2002, at the peak of persecution of Falun Gong, I studied the Fa, did the exercises, and validated Dafa. I never lost contact with other practitioners. Policemen constantly came to harass me. One day a policewoman asked me if I was still practicing. I said, "Yes." Then she asked why I, as an officer and a Party member, believed in Falun Gong. I explained that practicing Falun Gong healed my diseases. Then I was taken to a brainwashing center.

In the brainwashing center, we were not afraid of evil. We recited the Fa, did the exercises together, and clarified the truth to the policemen and guards on duty. There were 5~6 instructors in the brainwashing center. Only one of them followed Jiang's followers closely. Others just went through the motions of reading the brainwashing materials for a while, then they would stop and discuss with us. We took this opportunity to clarify the truth to them, and asked them to remember that Falun Dafa is good. Then we went back to the dorm when the time was up.

Although the environment was harsh, we maintained a positive mindset while studying the Fa and doing the exercises every day. Three months passed before we knew it. One day, the detention center doctor asked me to have physical examination at the hospital, and I said that I didn't have the money, so I didn't want to go. He said somebody would pay for it, so I went. While waiting in the hospital, I remembered fellow practitioners' words, so I sent forth righteous thoughts and asked Master for help, hoping the result of the examination would be bad so that I would be released. I knew that the brainwashing center is not the place for cultivation, and that I needed to go out to validate Dafa. I was released three days later, walking out of jail again under Master's compassionate protection.

After one month, I got a copy of Master's lecture "Teaching the Fa at the Washington, D.C. Fa Conference." In order to give Master's new lecture to the jailed practitioners in the brainwashing class, I climbed to the roof of the building, and risked my life to deliver the new lecture to the practitioners inside. There was a rule in brainwashing class: Policemen can shoot those who deliver things over the wall like I did. However, nothing can stop Dafa disciple's righteous thoughts and righteous actions. Five years of persecution did not shake Dafa disciple's solid heart of cultivation and solid belief in Dafa.

4. Clarifying the truth and saving sentient beings

One of the three things Master told us to do is to clarify the truth. I took all opportunities to clarify the truth to people and tell them to remember that Falun Dafa is good. Besides that, I think it is necessary to clarify the truth to law firms and police departments. So two practitioners and I visited a law firm.

I started by telling a lawyer that I was fined 9000 yuan during my two detentions, and consulted him on how to get the money back. The other two practitioners also told lawyers that they were fined for appealing in Beijing. In order to reach the purpose of clarifying the truth, when one person was talking, the other two sent forth righteous thoughts. The lawyers welcomed us warmly and told us that it was illegal that the police fined us and we could sue them. He also told us which department we should go to, and what kinds of questions we should pay more attention to. We were encouraged by this, and we went to the police department after we left the law firm.

We didn't prepare anything and went to the national security section directly. The section chief was good at debating. He also read Minghui Weekly, and was familiar with some Falun Dafa's teachings. He had a very bad temper and no patience for Dafa disciples. One of us talked to him, while the other two sent forth righteous thoughts. He said, "I won't interfere with your freedom of belief, but it is disturbing the society's order that you distribute and post flyers." I answered, "This is the consequence of the CCP's evil actions. They don't allow us to speak. If this issue could be discussed in public fairly, would we still have to pass out and post flyers?" He asked me if I had ever passed out flyers, and I said, "Yes, even in front of your door." He stared at me with anger, but our righteous field constrained him, so he was not able to show his temper.

Our conversation was just like what Master said in "Teaching and Explaining the Fa
at the Metropolitan New York Fa Conference,"

"Actually, with a lot of things if you calmly and gently talk to people and handle those things rationally, you'll find that your wisdom will flow forth like a spring, and every sentence of yours will get right to the point, and every sentence will speak the truth."

The section chief was really touched by our words, because we didn't consider him an unsavable person. He asked us if we had reported him to Minghui Net, and we told him that we had not.

When we talked about the Jiang group's persecution of Falun Gong, he was angered and threatened to arrest us. We were not afraid, but kept telling him the truth calmly. We clarified the truth for more than an hour and went home with success.

Looking back on my cultivation journey, I deeply realize the importance of studying the Fa. I realize that no matter what we do, we should place Fa-study at the highest priority, because we need the guidance from the Fa in everything we do. Under Master's compassionate protection, in this 5-year storm, I gradually changed my human notions and got rid of a lot of attachments, although I still have many shortcomings.

This is my cultivation experience sharing. I hope, through this written experience sharing, I will be more diligent and rectify my actions, find my shortcoming and do well the three things Master asked us to do.

February 27, 2005