(Clearwisdom.net) At 9:00 a.m. on February 16, 2005, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Bai Junjie was illegally put on trial in Qiaodong Court in Zhangjiakou City. During the nineteen days from her arrest to her trial, the involved officials have not followed the law or legal procedures. Bai Junjie has been on a hunger strike for over twenty days in Zhangjiakou City Detention Center. She is very weak and her life is in great danger.

On the afternoon of January 28, 2005, about five policemen (including Wuyilu Police Station Chief Wang Fengjun, deputy chief Shi, and the political head Wu) arrested Bai Junjie's family members and brother-in-law, and brought them to the Wuyilu Police Station for interrogation. The police tried to force them to divulge Bai Junjie's whereabouts. Later, the Wuyilu Police Station, Administration Office, Qiaodong District Police Department, Criminal Police Team, and Qiaodong District Procuratorate acted together to ransack Bai Junjie's home. They also staked out selected sites near Bai's house to try to arrest her. At approximately 7:00 p.m. Bai went back home and she was arrested and taken to the Qiaodong Police Department. Around midnight the lawless persons released Bai Junjie's family members and brother-in-law. At the Qiaodong Police Department, the Wuyilu Police Station deputy chief Shi beat her and tried to get confessions from her. The next day she was sent to the Zhangjiakou City Shisanli Detention Center.

Bai Junjie is a retired employee of the Zhangjiakou City No. 1 Shoe Factory. She was previously often ill, with heart disease, cholecystitis, pelvic infection, cervical vertebra osteophytosis, and others. When her heart disease severely relapsed, she experienced prostration and whole body edema. In early 1995, she started Falun Gong practice. She strictly followed the xinxing requirements of Falun Dafa. As she kept upgrading her xinxing and purifying her heart, her illnesses were all cured. In the ten years since she began practicing Falun Gong, she had not needed any medicine, and her health has been excellent. After Jiang Zemin's gang started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Bai went to Beijing several times to appeal and speak out about the injustice that Falun Gong has received. For this she was illegally detained many times by the Wuyilu Police Station.

At the end of October 2000, the persecution of Falun Gong was continually worsening. Bai and fellow practitioners planned to send out doves of peace to tell people about the beauty of Falun Dafa, but they were stopped by the police from Qiaodong Police Department when they walked to the Xiahuayuan District. Zhangjiakou City Police Department, the 610 Office, and the Qiaodong Police Department reported this incident to the provincial, city, and the CCP Central Committee as a severe case. They also considered Bai Junjie to be a leader of Falun Gong. Former Qiaodong Police Department chief Yan Zhiyou, deputy chief Ma Fuwei, political head Li Quanfu, and other police interrogated Bai continuously for nine days, during which time she was not allowed to sleep. She was forced to sit on a tiger bench, and the police tried to force a confession from her through both coercion and trickery.

On the eighth day after this arrest, Bai's blood pressure became very high, and her life was in danger. Li Quanfu and the other police sent Bai to the No. 3 Hospital, where she was cuffed and tied to a bed for barbarous force-feeding and intravenous infusion. The police also extorted 1000 yuan from her employer. Nine days later, Bai was again sent to the Shisanli Detention Center.

During the illegal detention of 40 days, Bai protested by holding a hunger strike. The Criminal Police Team of the Qiaodong Police Department and medical staff of the No. 3 Hospital force-fed her nine times in a barbaric manner. During the force-feeding, six males acted together, some holding her head down, some pressing down her legs, and some squeezing her nose. They fiercely inserted a finger-thick rubber tube into her stomach through her nose, which was so painful for her that she could not straighten her back.

After a total of 49 days of two imprisonments at the detention center, Bai became extremely weak due to the torture. But political head Li Quanfu led others to the detention center, declaring that she was formally arrested and transferred to Yuanhua City Detention Center. To resist the persecution, Bai staged a hunger strike for seventeen days. Her life was in peril, and only then was she allowed medical bail to seek treatment. Ten days later Qiaodong Police Department informed her that she would be put on trial and sentenced. Since then, Bai was forced to leave home and become destitute to avoid further persecution. Later, the Qiaodong Police Department and Wuyilu Police Station put her on the wanted list and kept trying to arrest her. Local policeman Li Yingbin also continually harassed her family members.

On February 9, 2002, when Bai went home to wash her clothes, policeman Li Yingbin illegally broke into her home to harass her. Li was plotting to arrest Bai, but Bai's family resisted the illegal persecution. Bai finally escaped with righteous thoughts. The Qiaodong Police Department director Yan Zhiyou, deputy director Ma Fuwei, and Wuyilu Police Station chief Deng Jianmin illegally arrested Bai's daughter and son-in-law. They also broke into her home and ransacked it. The police threatened her family members and attempted to extort 80,000 yuan. The police also staked out many locations in an attempt to arrest Bei. Bei's family members went everywhere to borrow money, and the lawless persons took the chance to frenziedly collect money for themselves. Among them, local policeman Li Yingbin extorted 6,000 yuan, Qiaodong Police Department got 20,000 yuan, and Wuyilu Police Station took 2,000 yuan. Despite the payments, Bei's daughter was still sentenced, and her son-in-law was illegally detained for over thirty days. In addition to Bei being persecuted, the persecution has bankrupted her two families, broken apart the families, and put them into great debt.

During the 16th Chinese Communist Party (CCP) National Conference, former Wuyilu Police Station chief Deng Jianmin led the police to the home of Bei's daughter to threaten them into divulging Bei's whereabouts. Political head Wu led two policemen with two police vehicles to stake out some selected places, including the homes of Bei's relatives and friends, in order to arrest Bei. The police also ordered Bei's employer to stop paying Bei her pension.

On January 28, 2005, Bei was again arrested. She has been on a hunger strike in Zhangjiakou City Detention Center for almost twenty days, and she is very weak. Her life is in grave danger. We again appeal to the Wuyilu Police Station and Administration Office in Qiaodong District, Qiaodong Police Department, Qiaodong Procuratorate, and Qiaodong Court to immediately stop the crimes of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners, and to unconditionally release Dafa practitioner Bei Junjie.

The involved officials and their phone numbers:

Yan Zhiyou, Zhangjiakou City Qiaodong Police Department director, 86-313-2012333 (ask for Yan Zhiyou)

Ma Fuwei, the chief of the National Security Section of Zhangjiakou City Police Department, 86-313-8681234 (ask for Ma Fuwei)

Yang Dong, a policeman from No. 3 Criminal Team of Qiaodong Police Department in Zhangjiakou City, 86-313-4035188 (ask for Yang Dong)

Chen Jianbin, a policeman from No. 3 Criminal Police Team, 86-313-8866000

Cui Weidong, Zhangjiakou City Detention Center director, 86-313-4021947 (ask for Cui Weidong)

Wang Fengjun, Wuyilu Police Station chief, 86-313-2012215

Shi, associate director, and Wu Jingchen, political head of Wuyilu Police Station

February 20, 2005