(Clearwisdom.net) On December 10, 2004, practitioner Mr. Liu Ziwei from Shiren Town in Jiangyuan County, Baishan City (previously known as Hunjiang City), Jilin Province, who was 29 years old, was sent to the Chaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. He went on a hunger strike to protest the inhumane torture he was being subjected to. After only three days, on December 13, he was dead.

Liu's son Liu Huan, born on October 10, 1999, is currently living with his grandfather Liu Yuchun in Shiren Town North, Jiangyuan County, Baishan City, Jilin Province. Their telephone number is 86-439-3781357.

His mother Wang Xiuyun does not have a fixed job. Her address is Donghuashe, Dongxing Street, Badaojiang District, Baishan City. Her telephone number is 86-439-6117539.

Before dawn on December 14, 2004, Captain He of the labor camp's Fifth Unit informed Mr. Liu's relative by phone that Liu had died of a "recurrence of heart disease." The facts, however, do not bear this out.

Mr. Liu did not have heart disease

According to Mr. Liu's relative, Mr. Liu had not had any medical conditions since childhood, and he certainly never had heart disease. In 1998 Mr. Liu worked as an accountant for the Dashiren Finance Institute in the Jiangyuan County Finance Bureau. Their records, including the "physical examination chart" and the "sports qualifying registration card" from his high school graduation file, indicate that he never had any heart disease. Mr. Liu's neighbors also confirmed that he did not have any diseases. Mr. Liu was only 29 years old. If he did not have heart disease to begin with, how could a "recurrence of heart disease" cause his death?

The people in the labor camp could not even agree among themselves

When his relatives asked the labor camp for a copy of his physical examination, which is required before admission to any labor camp, Chief Zhang of the Changchun municipal judicature bureau said, "He did not have any physical examination." When they asked for a copy of the hospital medical records, the labor camp's answer was, "We do not give out records." Regarding the hospital's diagnosis, the assistant administrator said, "The cause of death is unclear." The "recurrence of heart disease" given as the cause of his death appears to be a false explanation that the forced labor camp used to shirk its responsibility.

If he indeed died of heart disease, it was precipitated by torture

Before Mr. Liu was sent to the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp, he had already been on a hunger strike for six days to protest his illegal imprisonment in the Baishan City Detention Center. He was extremely weak. After he was sent to Chaoyanggou, he continued with his hunger strike in protest and called out, "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance are good!" He was subjected to various inhumane tortures such as being locked up in a small cell, being force-fed, and being hung up on a wall with handcuffs, which caused his wrists to bleed. He was hung up 24 hours a day and not allowed to sleep. The police also stuffed Liu's mouth with dirty socks to prevent him from calling out.

At 10 a.m. on December 13, when his relatives visited him, he told them, "I passed out after they hung me up for two days." At that time, He Jianxin (86-13500882150 (Cell)), Zhang Wei (86-13944009133 (Cell)) and two others from the labor camp were present. They said, "We punish you like this because you do not do as you are told."

Mr. Liu's father said to Chief He, "You torture him so brutally! Aren't you worried that he might die?" Chief He replied, "If he dies, he dies for nothing."

Some people suspect that he freezed to death. Whatever the cause, if a person dies a violent death in a labor camp in only three days, the labor camp cannot shirk its responsibility.

Coercion, economic threats and enticement induce Liu's wife to sign the cremation agreement

The labor camp took advantage of his family's difficult financial situation and threatened them with having to pay all the expenses incurred if his family members did not sign the cremation agreement. They were told they would have to pay if the result of the postmortem examination did not indicate that the labor camp was to blame. Nevertheless, Mr. Liu's father did not agree to sign the cremation order. Purportedly, the storage of a corpse costs 160 yuan per day. When Mr. Liu's father returned home to Baishan City, the labor camp forced Mr. Liu's wife to sign the cremation agreement, intending to destroy the evidence, shirk their responsibility, and prevent the family members from litigating.

The relevant departments and people responsible that took part in persecuting Mr. Liu: (Note: for phone numbers, dial country code + area code before all numbers. For cell phone numbers, dial country code before the numbers. Country code: 86, area code: 431)

The switchboard of Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun: 4835680

The Labor Camp Manager's office: 4835680, extension 8001 or 8002.

The Inspection Section of Changchun Municipal Forced Labor Education: 4666751 extension 3418

Gao Jiqing and Liu Hongyin, the Inspection Room in Chaoyanggou Labor Camp: 4835680 extension 607

The chief of the production brigade, Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun: 1350088215 (Cell)

For the following numbers, the area code is 439.

Baishan Municipal Political and Judiciary Committee: 3223197; 610 Office: Yuan Changwu

Baishan Municipal Detention center: 3225416

Chief Bai from the Dongxing Sub-Bureau, Baishan Municipal Public Security Bureau: 6110177

Zhao Yongbin from the Dongxing Sub-Bureau, Baishan Municipal Public Security Bureau: 13843909026 (Cell)

Dongxing Sub-Bureau, Baishan Municipal Public Security Bureau: 3330110

The office of the Baishan Municipal Public Security Bureau: 3224723

The office of the Badaojiang District Sub-Bureau, Baishan Municipal Public Security Bureau: 3224028