(Clearwisdom.net) Mrs. Li Weihong, her mother Mrs. Yu Peiying, and her younger sister Mrs. Li Weiling are all Falun Dafa practitioners from Shanghai. Since the Jiang Zemin regime began to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, in order to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa, the mother and her two daughters went to Beijing to appeal to the authorities there. Because they persevered in the cultivation of Falun Dafa and refused to give up their beliefs in Dafa, they were brutally persecuted, and their family suffered great tribulations. Mrs. Li Weihong died, not cleared of false charges against her. Her mother and sister are still being detained and persecuted.

Mrs. Li Weihong was 43 years old and lived at Hutai Road, Zhabei District, Shanghai. She had once been a shop employee in the department store Shanghai West on Nanjing Road. Mrs. Li went to Beijing to appeal to the government in 1999, and was detained illegally when she returned. In 2000, she was arrested when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa in the New Pudong District. With righteous thoughts, she escaped from the police station and has been homeless and destitute ever since. At that time, she distributed Falun Gong flyers and truth-clarification materials to the public with other practitioners and contributed a lot to the overall effort. In 2001 she clarified the truth about Dafa in Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province. Unfortunately, she was detained again and illegally sentenced to a labor camp for two years. After being severely persecuted in the labor camp, she was extremely weak, and she was released on bail for medical treatment. Because her body and mind had been tortured so badly, not long after she was taken back home, she died in April 2003. She was never cleared of the false charges.

Mrs. Li Weihong's younger sister Mrs. Li Weiling is approximately 40 years old. She lives at Wuyi Road, Changning District, Shanghai. Mrs. Li was once a shop employee at the First Food Store of Shanghai. In 1999, Weiling went to Beijing to appeal to the government and was sent to a mental hospital by local police. She was forcefully injected with medicine that severely damaged her central nervous system. She later escaped from the hospital with righteous thoughts. In 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal to the government again. This time, she was sent back to Shanghai and detained at the detention center of Changning District. During her imprisonment there, Mrs. Li went on hunger strike to protest her persecution and was cruelly forced-fed. Mrs. Li never cooperated with the persecution, so several policemen and thugs crowded around her, some grabbing her hands, while others handcuffed her. Some sat on her stomach. They forcefully and brutally inserted a tube into her mouth and broke through her esophagus, causing blood to spurt all over the place. Facing this cruel persecution, Weiling acted with righteous thoughts and broke out of the detention center 15 days later. After she came out, the local police and street officials harassed her incessantly. Under this situation, in order to escape further persecution, Mrs. Li left home. In January 2001, when she was clarifying the truth in Shandong Province, she was caught by local police there and then sent back to Shanghai. Subsequently, she was illegally sentenced to 8 years of imprisonment. At present, she is detained at the Songjiang Women's Prison.

Mrs. Li's mother Mrs. Yu Peiying is 68 years of age and lives at 80 Yongxing Bystreet, Room 1705, Zhabei District, Shanghai. In 1999 she went to Beijing to appeal to the government. After she returned to Shanghai, she was illegally detained. After her release, she was harassed constantly. Mrs. Yu later left home and ran away, becoming destitute and homeless. During this time, together with other Falun Dafa practitioners, she was engaged in truth-clarifying activities. In April 2001, she was arrested by the local police in the Minxing District. She was sentenced to 2 years of imprisonment without being given a trial. The fifth group of the Shanghai Women's Labor Camp is the unit assigned the special task of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. Mrs. Yu was cruelly persecuted there and has been put in the "seamless guardhouse" for a long period of time. It's like a refrigerator in the winter and a steam box in the summer. As an older lady of almost 70, Mrs. Yu suffered brutal persecution of her body. Facing even more severe spiritual persecution, she was subjected to forceful brainwashing and propaganda. In 2003, upon being set free again, Mrs. Yu still firmly believed in Dafa after understanding the truth. She was later illegally arrested and jailed for clarifying the truth. She was sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment. Her present whereabouts are unknown. She has probably been transferred to the Shongjiang Women's Prison in Shanghai.

This family of good people has experienced a tremendous tragedy! Of these three happy and healthy people--a mother and two daughters-- one has died and the other two are in prison. Cases such as this are not rare nowadays as Jiang Zemin's criminal regime is constantly persecuting Falun Dafa. We sternly put those people on notice! To those who refuse to come to their senses and still continue to persecute good people, please understand this: Good people will be rewarded and evil ones will receive karmic retribution. In the meantime, we call on all kind people of the world to pay attention to this issue and reach out to help stop this cruel persecution and ensure that these tragedies never happen again.

February 4, 2005

Chinese version available

Category: Reports of Death Cases