Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Sun Guirong from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province Dies as a Result of Mistreatment (Photo)

February 17, 2005 | By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Heilongjiang Province

High Resolution Picture

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Guirong in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province was abducted from home on February 4, 2002, by Li Shuqing, the deputy head of the Jiamusi City Police Department and agents from the "610 Office". After having been illegally sentenced to prison and tortured, she became seriously ill. Ms. Sun was diagnosed with late-stage colon cancer while being held at the Harbin City Women's Prison. She was released on medical parole on February 6, 2004. The perpetrators continued to harass and threaten her at home, until she passed away at 9:00 p.m. on January 20, 2005. Following is her story:

Ms. Sun Guirong was 65 years old. She started practicing Falun Gong in October 1995. She used to suffer from numerous illnesses and had difficulty walking prior to practicing Falun Gong. All of her illnesses disappeared after she practiced Falun Gong, and she could walk faster than even some young people.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin's group started persecuting Falun Gong, and Sun Guirong decided to go to Beijing to appeal. She was intercepted before she entered Harbin City to take the train, and held at the Xiangyang Police Department in Jiamusi City for several hours before she was allowed to go home.

When she went to Beijing to appeal for the second time, police abducted her on the train and sent her to the Jiadong Police Department. Later she was sent to a police station near the No. 25 Elementary School in Jiamusi City, where she was held overnight. The next day she was sent to the Xiangyang Police Department. The police sent her to a detention center, where she was held for over 40 days. Ten days later, perpetrators from the Qiaonan Police Station under the Xiangyang Police Department abducted her and again held her for over 40 days at the detention center.

On February 4, 2002, the first day of Falun Dafa Week in Jiamusi City, Li Shuqing and about a dozen agents from the 610 Office, the former Politics and Security Section of the Yonghong Police Department and the Xinli Police Station broke into Sun Guirong's home and took away her Dafa books, videotapes, VCDs, a radio, two walkmans, and other personal belongings. They abducted Sun Guirong, accusing her of "disrupting public security." They held her in the Xinli Police Station for one night and sent her to a detention center the next day.

At that detention center, 16 or 17 practitioners were held in a small, dark and damp room, about 12 square meters in size (about 130 square feet). The practitioners were forced to lie on their sides at night [for lack of space] and could not sleep. The food provided was very poor quality. Soon, Sun Guirong developed scabies; blood and pus seeped from her body and she started vomiting and had bloody bowel movements. Under pressure from her family, the authorities let her go to the Central Hospital in Jiamusi City, where she was diagnosed with a severe anal fistula. The doctor determined that she needed hospitalization, but the detention center took her back. No treatment was allowed to be administered to her.

Sun Guirong's condition worsened and she was taken to the Jiamusi City Dental Hospital. Officers from the former Politics and Security Section from the Yonghong Police Department and the Xinli Police Station strictly monitored the whole medical examination, which ended up being only a formality. Agents from the Jiamusi City 610 Office, from the former Yonghong Police Department, the Procuratorate and Xinli Police Station constantly interrogated Sun Guirong during the whole process, took photographs and videotaped her against her will, and fabricated charges against her.

On a police report, Chen Wanyou, Chen Yongde, Li Shuqing and others from the Jiamusi City Police Department National Security Team falsified the number of Dafa materials and books they had confiscated from Sun Guirong's home, which was over ten times the actual number, in order to sentence Sun Guirong to prison. Because of their scheming, Sun Guirong was sentenced to seven years in prison without any due legal procedures. Her family received the verdict in the mail after the fact. Sun Guirong appealed, but it was rejected.

During her illegal detention, the perpetrators also took Sun Guirong to a mental hospital to have an examination of her mental status. They extorted over 900 yuan from her family as an "examination fee."

On January 17, 2003, Sun Guirong was sent to Harbin City Women's Prison, but the prison authorities refused to take her because she was in such terrible physical condition.

On the insistence of the police, the prison eventually accepted her and sent her to the Group Drill Team, where she was put under "strict control" and subjected to brainwashing. Her condition declined drastically and she could hardly walk. After more than four months, she was transferred to a so-called "service division" for mostly invalids and terminally ill patients.

In November 2003, the prison authorities sent her for a physical exam and extorted 5,000 yuan from her family. She was diagnosed with colon cancer, which required immediate medical attention. The prison authorities claimed that since she had not yet served two years, she could not be released. With repeated strong protests from her family, the perpetrators eventually allowed her to be taken home on February 6, 2004.

The prison authorities constantly called to harass and threaten her. They demanded that she return to prison. She grew sicker by the day under tremendous pressure and passed away at 9:00 p.m. on January 20, 2005, after nearly one year of excruciating suffering.

Related Articles

Self-Immolation Hoax


Video: A Decade of Courage