(Clearwisdom.net) (continued from

Part 1: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/2/13/57478.html

Part 2: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/2/14/57536.html)

3. The CCP and Jiang's Group devastate Falun Gong practitioners' families

Jiang Zemin, the head perpetrator and his followers who started the persecution slandered and framed Falun Gong, using all the media tools of the whole nation to suppress Falun Gong and to justify the persecution. In the past five years, Jiang's communist regime has never followed the law in persecuting Falun Gong. Instead, Jiang Zemin announced special policies specifically for dealing with Falun Gong: "ruin their reputations, bankrupt them financially and destroy them physically," "Falun Gong practitioners beaten to death are counted as committing suicide," "Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death are to be directly cremated without identifying them." The CCP and Jiang's faction not only persecute Falun Gong practitioners without any scruples, but they also take villainous methods against the practitioners' families.

Police in Anshan City, Liaoning Province abduct practitioner Ms. Wu Yuqin and beat her husband to death

Around 1:00 a.m. on November 3, 2004, officers from the Qianshan Police Department in Anshan City did a foul deed. They dispatched five police cars and a group of officers, led by Zhang Chengguo, the head of the Political and Security Section at the police department. They then broke into the homes of Falun Gong practitioners Jin Ying and Wu Yuqin in the Qianshan Iron Mine Employee's Dormitory Compound in Anshan City, abducted Jin Ying and Wu Yuqin and took them to the Qianshan Police Department.

On November 7, Wu Yuqin's husband Sun Youlin, who is not a Falun Gong practitioner, went to the Qianshan Police Department to bring his wife a coat, but the police refused to tell him where she was being held. He went to the No. 1 Detention Center and the No. 2 Detention Center in Anshan City but didn't find his wife. He went back to the Qianshan Police Department and argued with the police. Incited by Zhang Chengguo, many police officers attacked Sun Youlin and beat him to death. A hole was found on the back of his head from beating, and his body was covered with burns from electric batons.

In order to cover up the murder, the police took Sun Youlin's lifeless body to the central city hospital. The doctor saw that Sun Youlin had been dead for quite some time so he didn't do anything. The police ordered the doctor to issue a suicide document but he refused.

After Sun Youlin's death, the perpetrators from the Qianshan Police Department went to Wu Yuqin's family for three consecutive days and told them Sun Youlin's death had nothing to do with them. They also said they would give them 80,000 yuan if the family didn't file a lawsuit against them. They also threatened Wu Yuqin, "We are not done with you yet!"

Lawless police force practitioner's teenage son to act as witness at an autopsy

Falun Gong practitioner Liu Qiusheng lived in Qingdong Village, Cuimiao Township, Fucheng County, Hebei Province. On February 2, 2002, police abducted him and took him to the police department. Kou Wentong, the deputy head of the police department and Zhang Zhijun, head of the Political and Security Division, tied him up and tortured him for over one hour until he lost consciousness. It was learned from inmates that Liu Qiusheng was beaten many times later as well and he was force-fed on a Death Bed.

Within 20 days, from February 2 to February 22, this healthy and strong 44-year-old man was tortured to death. In order to cover up their crime, the police, including Kou Wentong, went to the village Party Secretary. They colluded to trick Liu Qiusheng's 16-year-old son Liu Dong to leave his factory job, to be present in the autopsy room, and to act as a witness.

The teen-ager, Liu Dong, had already suffered so much as a result of his father being tortured to death; he was severely traumatized when he saw the doctor cutting open his father's dead body. The police notified Liu Qiusheng's wife after the autopsy was finished. His wife went and saw that the ears, face, lips, right shoulder and right chest were black and blue, yet the official autopsy report claimed, "No external injury found; Liu Qiusheng died from fatty heart disease."

Liu Qiusheng's wife insisted on hiring a coroner herself, but the perpetrators didn't permit her request to be carried out and insisted on immediately cremating the body. Liu Qiusheng's wife and son fought with all their strength, but to no avail. Kou Wentong and other perpetrators called more than 100 roughnecks. Led by the head of the police department, they surrounded Liu Qiusheng's wife and son. They pinned them to the ground, stepped on their heads and covered their mouths to prevent them from shouting and moving. One of the thugs who held Liu Dong was the fake coroner who had "examined" Liu Qiusheng's body. The perpetrators hastily cremated the body. Thinking there was no longer anything the victims could do without the evidence, they shouted, "Now go and sue us!"

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gao Feng tortured to death; her body was cremated and her husband was ordered to slander Falun Gong

Falun Gong practitioner Gao Feng, former name Gao Xiufeng, lived in Xingsheng Township, Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province. She was persecuted for practicing Falun Gong and left home in early 2001 to avoid abduction by police. Three months later. on May 9, she went home to help with the fieldwork. On May 12, Zhan Zhigang, the deputy head from the Political and Security Section of Wuchang City Police Department, and other perpetrators abducted her from home and illegally held her at Wuchang City's Administrative Custody Center. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Seven days later, on May 19, Gao Feng died from a punctured lung as a result of force-feeding at Wuchang City People's Hospital.

Afterwards, the local police tried to cremate the body but Gao Feng's family refused to sign the death certificate and demanded an autopsy. Chen Shusen, deputy head for Wuchang City Police Department said, "You think we won't cremate her body if you don't sign it? We'll still do it without your signature; it's a common practice throughout the country." He ordered the body to be cremated. He also ordered five or six police officers to tie up another practitioner, Sun Qiang, and sent him to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp.

After the cremation, Chen Shusen went to Gao Feng's husband Wu Zhiqiang and said, "We'll give you 60,000 yuan if you say your wife died from practicing Falun Gong." Wu Zhiqiang firmly refused to betray his conscience; thus the authorities failed in their wicked attempt.

Labor camps and prisons commit murders and whitewash their crimes

During the past several years, the authorities at labor camps and prisons have deliberately and indirectly killed Falun Gong practitioners to stifle evidence of the persecution. Many practitioners were tortured to a wretched state at the labor camps and prisons, yet the perpetrators there ignore the practitioners' condition, do not provide any medical attention and do not notify their families until the practitioners are dead or dying.

The practitioners' families are faced with lawless police officers or guards backed by the government, and with nowhere to turn for justice, they have no choice but to take their loved ones home, who are often unconscious. Many practitioners taken home in this manner passed away soon after their release.

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Guoshun in Baisha Town, Xinluo District, Longyan City, Fujian Province

Mr. Li Guoshun was 27 years old and had graduated from the Longyan City Industrial Vocational School in 1998. He was abducted by police on August 23, 2004 while distributing truth-clarifying materials, and was detained in the Longyan Detention Center. He held a hunger strike to resist the persecution. After 15 days, the detention center sent him to the Minxi Prison Hospital, where he continued on his hunger strike for another 25 days without receiving any treatment. Forty days later, on October 3, 2004 he was rushed to the Longyan City Second Hospital for emergency treatment but died ten days later, on October 14, 2004. During his hunger strike, Li Guoshun's mother asked twice for his release on medical parole but her request was denied.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhang Haiyan in Heishan County, Liaoning Province

Ms. Zhang Haiyan's nearsightedness and deformed right leg were corrected soon after she started practicing Falun Gong. After the persecution began in 1999, she persisted in practicing Falun Gong and didn't submit to pressure. She was illegally detained. Because she refused to give up her belief, the perpetrators hung her up with her hands cuffed, tied her up with ropes and brutally beat her. Nearly two years of inhuman torture harmed her tremendously, both physically and mentally. In February 2003, when her family visited her, they noticed her head was wrapped in a bandage and her hands were severely swollen. She didn't recognize her family. One month later, on March 21, 2003, authorities from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp notified her family to pick her up. Zhang Haiyan was suffering from a complete mental collapse and could not take care of herself. She passed away in January 2004. Her 12-year-old son cried, "I will never see mother again!"

Practitioner Ms. Wang Fang died from persecution

Wang Fang lived in Hailin City, Mudanjiang Area in Heilongjiang Province. During the time she was illegally held at the Mudanjiang City Detention Center, the detention center deputy head slapped her mouth with slippers. During the time she was illegally held at the Hailin Detention Center, guard Shan Chengqiang demanded to know if she would still practice. Wang Fang said, "If I can't practice here, I'll practice at home." Shan Chengqiang clamped her hands with a torture device called "hand sticks," causing both hands to become immobile, swollen, and finally completely disabled. She was not given any food for nine days and nine nights, and the perpetrators whipped the soles of her feet with plastic tubes. Later she was transferred to Harbin City Female Prison in Heilongjiang Province where she was further tortured. She was released when she was only skin and bones. She passed away at 3:00 a.m. on September 24, 2004, within two months of her release.

According to statistics published by the Minghui website, many deaths of Falun Gong practitioners were intentionally caused by labor camp and prison authorities, in an attempt to cover up their crimes of torture and extortion.

(To be continued)