(Clearwisdom.net) Zhang Shujuan and her three sons Yang Chunguang, Yang Chunming, and Yang Chunyong all practice Falun Gong. They are from Yushu City, Jilin Province. In the past five years, they have been brutally persecuted because they practice Falun Gong.

Yang Chunyong went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested and taken back to Jilin province by the police. On the way back, he disappeared and his whereabouts are still unknown today. His brother, Yang Chunming had to leave home to avoid further persecution and no one has heard from him for a long time. The third brother, Yang Chunguang, was secretly sentenced to 10 years in prison, and is currently on the brink of death after years of persecution. He is extremely emaciated and cannot stand up by himself. Ms. Zhang Shujuan has been detained four times, and was illegally sentenced to a year in a forced labor camp.

Ms. Zhang started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. After practicing for some time, her chronic illnesses, including intestinal tuberculosis and breast lumps, disappeared. Witnessing her miraculous experience, all of her sons began to practice Falun Gong. Through their practice, Yang Chunguang's stomach problems were healed and Yang Chunming's hepatitis was cured. Both brothers also stopped hanging out with gangs after they started practicing Falun Gong. The whole family strictly followed the Falun Gong principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," and they strived to improve their moral character. The youngest brother, Yang Chunyong was 21 years old and had just graduated from school. He worked at Xinyuan Steel Window Factory. He worked hard, treated everyone kindly, and was praised by his supervisors and co-workers. The head of the factory once said at a staff meeting, "Nowadays, it's easy to run into a bad person. It's rare to find a good person like Xiao Yang [In China, elder people sometimes address younger people by their last name with Xiao in front. Xiao means young.] I think everybody should learn Falun Gong with him" Yang Chunyong was always courteous to others and willing to lend a helping hand. Observing the whole family's positive changes, people saw the greatness of Falun Gong.

Yang Chunyong Suddenly Disappears and Police Provide No Explanation

When Jiang Zemin launched the ruthless persecution campaign against Falun Gong in July 1999, Yang Chunguang, Yang Chunming, and their mother, went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong on July 30. Yang Chunyong also went to Beijing on July 31 to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to people. The Chinese government ordered a large number of policemen to arrest practitioners who went to peacefully appeal in Beijing, forcing many of them to live on the streets to avoid further harassment.

Yang Chunming and Yang Chunyong were arrested on the evening of August 16, 1999, and they were sent to the Changchun City Government's Liaison Office in Beijing, where they were illegally searched. Their identification cards and over 400 yuan in cash were taken from them. On August 18, two policemen escorted them and another practitioner back to Changchun City. They were closely monitored on the train. At around 10:00 p.m., Yang Chunming came back from the restroom and didn't see his younger brother, Yang Chunyong, or the policeman by the last name of Wang who was present earlier. He asked the other policeman and the practitioner. Both said that they didn't know what happened to his brother. He searched the entire train and couldn't find his brother. The train was air-conditioned, so there were no windows except for a small one in the train driver's compartment, so Yang Chunyong could not have jumped off the train. Yang Chunming recalled that before he went to the restroom, all five of them were sitting up half-asleep. How could his younger brother and the policeman disappear in just 10 minutes?

Later policeman Wang returned. Yang Chunming asked him about his brother. The policeman tried to evade the question, and finally said he didn't know. Five years have passed and the likeable and kind-hearted Yang Chunyong has never been seen or heard from again.

Yang Chunming Forced To Leave Home and His Whereabouts are Unknown

Yang Chunming was taken to the Yushu City Police Department and was forced to sign a Guarantee Statement saying that he would not go to appeal in Beijing again. He was then released after the police extorted 300 yuan from him.

On October 27, 1999, he decided to go to Beijing again to appeal for Dafa. He was arrested by policemen from the Appeals Bureau. The Yushu City Police Department brought him back and illegally detained him for more than two months.

One time, while Yang Chunming, Yang Chunguang, and several other practitioners were making truth-clarification materials, the Yushu City Police Department issued an arrest warrant for all of them and searched everywhere for them. Yang Chunguang and several other practitioners were arrested, and Yang Chunming was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. There has since been no news of him, and his whereabouts are unknown.

Policemen from the National Security Brigade and the local police station made frequent trips to other areas to search for Yang Chunming. They also went to his home many times to harass his father, who is not a practitioner.

Their Mother, Zhang Shujuan, Jailed Four Times and Sent to a Forced Labor Camp for a Year

Since going to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong on July 30, 1999, Zhang Shujuan has been forced to live on the streets to avoid further persecution. On October 26, she and several other practitioners were able to enter the Appeals Bureau Office and kind-heartedly clarify the truth about Falun Dafa to officials there. They were however, illegally arrested and detained at the Daxing County Detention Center in Beijing for three days, and then sent back to Yushu City and detained at the Yushu City Police Department for another 55 days, during which time they were brutally tortured.

The police officers beat the practitioners and forced them to stay outside dressed in only their undergarments. It was wintertime and the temperature was -10 to -22 degrees Fahrenheit. Even female practitioners who were menstruating were forced to stay outside in the freezing cold.

On April 30, 2001, Zhang Shujuan and several other practitioners were sharing cultivation experiences and making truth clarification materials at home when the police intruded without a warrant. Zhang Shujuan helped the other practitioners escape, but she was arrested by two policemen from the Peiying Street Police Station. At the police station, she was handcuffed to an iron bed. While the policemen were taking a break, she freed herself from the handcuffs and left the police station. On August 14, 2001, she was having dinner at home with her two younger sisters when several policemen from the Peiyin Police Station again barged into her home. All three sisters were arrested by policemen Xiao Hongjun and Wang Yandong. They were detained at the detention center for 15 days. Only after their families were extorted of 4500 yuan were they released.

On October 31, 2002, because Zhang Shujuan made copies of truth-clarification materials, she was illegally arrested by policemen Jiang Wei [his name has already been included in the Perpetrators' List on Fawanghuihui Website], Lu Haifeng, and Zhao Guanghui, from the Peiying Street Police Station. She was detained at the Yushu City Detention Center for 42 days, and then sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for one year, during which time she was routinely tortured.

At the labor camp, being alive was worse than dying. In the daytime, she was forced to do excessive amounts of slave labor. At night, she was deprived of sleep and forced to endure physical punishment. The guards and collaborators took turns trying to brainwash her. During the SARS crisis, the labor camp was closed to visitors. Family members were notified that the labor camp cared about the inmates and did not want to risk the spread SARS to the inmates. In reality, because Zhang Shujuan refused to be transformed, the labor camp didn't want her family to know about the persecution she was suffering. She was shocked with electric batons and severely beaten many times. She suffered brutal torture both physically and mentally.

Yang Chunguang Close to Death

Since July 30, 1999, to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa, Yang Chunguang has shared his experiences with other practitioners from many different areas and contacted many people who still have a sense of justice. On October 28, he and fellow practitioners held the first Falun Dafa International Press Conference in Beijing to disclose to the world the illegal persecution of Falun Gong in China. Shortly after that, the National Security Department started to search and arrest practitioners and the Chinese and foreign journalists who attended the conference. Yang Chunguang was arrested and detained at the Beijing Prison Seventh Division for more than four months. On February 25, 2000, he was sent back to the Yushu City Police Department and was detained there for another 85 days. Altogether, before his release, he was imprisoned for more than 7 months and was extorted of 2000 yuan. On the day he was sent back to Yushu City, his mother, Zhang Shujuan, was arrested for doing the Falun Gong exercises in a park. She was detained for 85 days and had to pay 2000 yuan to be released. In total, the family was extorted of 4000 yuan. Both mother and son were released on the same day.

On April 10, 2002, policeman Shi Hailin from the Yushu City Police Department, and policemen Jiang Wei and Lu Haifeng from the Peiying Street Police Station again arrested Yang Chunguang. Several policemen, including Shi Hailin, also illegally searched his house and confiscated a VCD player, cell phones, the house deed, and many Falun Dafa books. The police tortured Yang Chunguang for 48 hours attempting to force him to confess. Yang Chunguang was then transferred to the Yushu City Detention Center and was detained there for 19 months. During this period, the detention center officials didn't allow his family members to visit him, and they went out of their way to try to brainwash him. As a result, Yang Chunguang was physically and mentally traumatized. His body was covered with scabies, and many of the scabies festered. Pus and blood stuck to his clothes, which caused severe pain and itching. In October 2003, he became very weak and suffered from severe anemia. He could no longer get up, and had to stay in bed. Only then did the detention center notify his father to give them money for a blood transfusion. The prison doctor asked for 1500 yuan as the minimum fee, but Yang Chunguang's family couldn't afford it. They were only able to borrow 500 yuan.

Even when Yang Chunguang's life was in danger, the persecution against him continued. The local prosecutor brought up his case three times to the local court. Each time, the court rejected the case for lack of evidence. Eventually, the Political and Judiciary Committee and the 610 Office forced the court to take the case, and in secret, the court illegally sentenced Yang Chunguang to 10 years in prison on November 28, 2003. Yang Chunguang was transferred to the Jilin City Second Prison. His father appealed his case, but the appeals court refused to accept the case. The prison officials did not allow family members to visit him. Yang Chunguang refused to give up his belief in Dafa and was transferred to the Shiling Prison in Siping, Jilin Province. In the two and half years since his arrest, his family members had not heard from him. Finally, in late October 2004, after much effort, they were able to see Yang Chunguang for the first time since his arrest. They found him severely emaciated. He couldn't even stand up by himself. Their visit was under the prison guard's surveillance. They found that he was monitored constantly in the prison. Currently, Yang Chunguang's health is deteriorating and he is on the brink of death. Due to long-term malnutrition he is extremely thin, and he has started having stomach problems again. He also constantly feels dizzy.

Recently, several practitioners and family members of practitioners who were illegally detained at the Shiling Prison, including Yang Chunguang, Yang Zhanjiu, and Liu Zhijun, went to the prison to request their release. They first visited the detained practitioners and told them of their intent. They then clarified the truth about Dafa to the prison officials. The prison officials said that they were not authorized to release inmates.

Yang Chunguang's wife, Hao Shuqin, was also persecuted. On July 23, 1999, she went to Beijing with her child to appeal for Dafa. She endured a lot of hardship during the three months she was in Beijing. Since they couldn't visit the Appeals Bureau, on October 27, Hao Shuqin and several other practitioners did the Falun Gong exercises on Tiananmen Square. She was arrested by the police and escorted back to the Yushu City Police Department, where she was detained for 57 days. She maintained her belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance." On February 10, 2000, she went to Beijing again to appeal for Dafa. She was arrested again, and several days later she was sent back to the Yushu City Police Department. During her imprisonment at the Yushu City Detention Center, she led the detained practitioners there to recite Dafa books. The policemen severely beat her and poured cold water on her. After she was soaking wet, the policemen pushed her to the ground and beat her again in the muddy water outside. [In Northeast China, it's very cold in the winter. The bone-chilling wind can make a person tremble in the cold.] She was illegally sentenced to a year of forced labor. At the labor camp, she was treated inhumanely and she was forced to work long hours every day. She was punished if she couldn't finish her quota. One time at a so-called party held for the inmates, she refused to sing songs that praised the communist party, and was forced to attend brainwashing sessions after the party. The authorities forced her to defame Falun Gong and slander its founder, Mr. Li Hongzhi. She refused and reprimanded them, and she was subsequently brutally tortured.

Officials at the Shiling Prison in Siping area, Jilin Province:
Prison Heads: Gao Ping, Li Wendong
Chairman of the Prison Board: Wang Weiman
Head of the Education Department: Cheng Guomin
Head of the Inspecting Discipline Department: Dong Baogui
Reform Department Political Head: last name: Lan [the given name is unknown]

Prison Switchboard: 86-434-5462364. Then transfer to each department

Mailing Address: Shiling Post Office Box 135
Simei County, Jilin Province 136505