Latest News from China - December 19, 2005
- [Jiuquan City, Gansu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhou Zhongde and Family Arrested and Detained
- [Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Xie Huanhong and Wife Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Bazhong County, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Liu Yongkun and Dai Wanyi for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] A Harbin Industrial University Student Arrested for Practicing Falun Gong
- [Inner Mongolia AR] Li Guizhi and Zhang Shujie Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
- [Tianjin] Liu Suzhi and Zhai Xinhao Arrested When Posting Truth-Clarifying Materials
1. [Jiuquan City, Gansu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhou Zhongde and Family Arrested and Detained
During the afternoon of December 16, 2005, Lu Siwei, head of the Huajian Township Police Station in Jiuquan City, led some men and broke into Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhou Zhongde's home. They ransacked the place and called Chen Jianhua, head of Suzhou District National Security Team. They confiscated some Falun Dafa books and materials. They arrested Zhou Zhongde, as well as his son Zhou Xingjie and daughter Zhou Xuefen. Zhou Zhongde was sent to a detention center, and his son and daughter are being held in the Suzhou District Police Station.
Telephone number of the responsible personnel:
Chen Jianhua, head of the Suzhou District National Security Team:
Lu Siwei, head of the Huajian Township Police Station, Suzhou District: 86-13993738596 (Cell)
2. [Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Xie Huanhong and Wife Sentenced to Forced Labor
On October 24, 2005, Xie Huanhong and his wife, both practitioners, were arrested and held at the Xingning Detention Center. Later they sentenced Xie Huanhong to one year of forced labor and his wife to two years of forced labor. On November 23, they were sent to the Sanshui City Forced Labor Camp and the Sanshui City Women's Forced Labor Camp, respectively.
3. [Bazhong County, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Liu Yongkun and Dai Wanyi for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
On December 3, 2005, practitioners Liu Yongkun and Dai Wanyi from Bazhong County went to a nearby village to distribute Falun Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Officers from the Huacheng Police Station and Lingyun Police Station arrested them. They have been held at the Bazhou District Detention Center for nearly two weeks.
4. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] A Harbin Industrial University Student Arrested for Practicing Falun Gong
Mr. Yang Kemeng is the Student Association chairman of the Automobile Engineering College of Harbin Industrial University in Weihai City. Recently, personnel from the City Police Department arrested him because Yang refused to give up his Falun Gong practice. It was reported that he has been sent to a forced labor camp. The following are further details on this case:
Yang Kemeng, 22 years old, is a sophomore student of the Automobile Department, Weihai Branch, Harbin Industrial University. On August 20, 2005 during the beginning of the term, personnel from the 610 Office went to the school and arrested him on August 29. His parents didn't know of his arrest until they called him. On September 7, Yang Kemeng's parents Mr. Yang Pinggang and Ms. Chang Lijun were arrested.
At the same time, Wang Shengli and his wife from Jining City were also arrested. Their whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Inner Mongolia AR] Li Guizhi and Zhang Shujie Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
Practitioners Li Guizhi, Zhang Shujie and Qu Yuling are from Baokang Town, Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. On December 5, 2005 they were secretly sent to the Zhalaite City Tumuji Women's Forced Labor Camp, Inner Mongolia AR. Qu Yuling was returned because she was blinded from brutal torture, and the forced labor camp refused to accept her.
6. [Tianjin] Liu Suzhi and Zhai Xinhao Arrested While Posting Truth-Clarifying Materials
Practitioners Liu Suzhi and Zhai Xinhao are from Ninghe County, Tianjin. On December 11, 2005 when they were posting truth-clarifying materials, the police arrested them. They are currently being held at the Ninghe County Detention Center.
December 18, 2005