Latest News from China - December 20, 2005
1. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Xiaoya is Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Class
Ms. Wang Xiaoya is from Dawangzhuang Village, Shenzhou City. At around 6:00 a.m. on December 15, 2005 two policemen from Shenzhou City Public Security Bureau, along with two other officers from the Shenzhou City Police Station illegally searched her home. The police arrested her and took her to the Shenzhou City Brainwashing Class.
Switchboard of the Shenzhou City Public Security Bureau: 86-318-3312312
The Shenzhou Town Police Substation: 86-318-3312232
2. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Wenhua is Arrested and Ms. Shan Shuying Forced to Become Homeless
At around 7:30 p.m. on December 14, 2005, the staff of the Langfang City 610 Office unexpectedly harassed Ms. Liu Wenhua from Xiongying Village, Qiuzhuang Township, Anci District, Langfang City, Hebei Province because she practices Falun Gong. The police tried to arrest Ms. Liu Wenhua, but failed. At around 7:00 a.m. on December 15, 2005, the police returned to harass her. They broke into her house, and without saying anything, they forcibly dragged Ms. Liu Wenhua outside and put her in a vehicle. Ms. Liu Wenhua was arrested and taken to the Langfang Brainwashing Center.
At around 6:00 p.m. on December 14, 2005, Ms. Shan Shuying from Zhumafang Village, Qiuzhuang Township, Anci District, Langfang City, was harassed three times consecutively by Langfang 610 Office staff members because she practices Falun Gong. In order to avoid further persecution, Ms. Shan Shuying was forced to leave home and is now homeless.
3. [Beijing] Ms. Wang Shuzhen's Home was Searched and She was Arrested Months Ago. Her Current Whereabouts are Unknown
Ms. Wang Shuzhen is around 40 years old. She was forcibly taken away after her home was searched on March 5, 2005 because she practices Falun Gong. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
Phone number for the Wanggezhuang Village, Zhangwan Town, Tongzhou District, Beijing: 86-10-69581953
4. [A'ba, Sichuan Province] Mr. Yan Huayun was Illegally Arrested and His Current Whereabouts Are Unknown
Mr. Yan Huayun, 54, is from Suining City, Sichuan Province. He was working as a carpenter in A'ba County, Sichuan Province. On September 16, 2004 officers of the A'ba County Public Security Bureau illegally arrested him. His whereabouts are currently unknown.
5. [Pingdingshan City, Henan Province] Ms. Zhao Ronghua and Mr. Liu Gang were Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Class Where They were Tortured
Ms. Zhao Ronghua works at the Employees Hospital of the No. 10 Mining in Pingdingshan City. On the afternoon on December 9, 2005 she was tricked with a call to go to work, and arrested and taken to a brainwashing class, where she was subjected to torture. Two of her colleagues kept her under surveillance around the clock. The Party Secretary and the Director of the hospital also take turns watching her.
Mr. Liu Gang is an employee of the No. 8 Mining in Pingdingshan City. On the morning on December 10, 2005, when he arrived at work, he was arrested by the No. 8 Mining Security Section and taken to a brainwashing class. He was kept under surveillance 24 hours a day by security.
6. [Kunming City, Yunnan Province] Officials from the Kunming Cigarette Factory 610 Office Arrest Mr. Zhu Guoqing
In early November 2005, officials from the Kunming 610 Office arrested Mr. Zhu Guoqing, an engineer from Kunming Cigarette Factory, at his home.
7. [Jianchang County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Han Xiujuan Illegally Incarcerated at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Han Xiujuan from Bajiazi, Jianchang County was sentenced to one year in a labor camp. On December 16, 2005 she was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she's been subjected to torture.