Latest News from China - December 9, 2005
1. [Shanghai City] Mr. Lu Jianguo from the Putuo District of Shanghai City Arrested When Clarifying the Truth
Practitioner Mr. Lu Jianguo lived in the Changfeng No. 2 Village, Putuo District of Shanghai City. He worked as a taxi driver. On the morning of December 8, 2005, when Mr. Lu was driving the taxi, he clarified the truth to a passenger with an unknown identity. Later he was deceived by this passenger and drove back to the taxi station where he was illegally arrested by police officers. Immediately afterwards, five people with unknown identities went to ransack his home. They confiscated his computer, printer, Falun Dafa books and truth-clarification materials. It is not clear where Mr. Lu Jianguo is detained currently.
2. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Zhou Yumin Arrested by Police Officers from the Local Police Station
On December 5, 2005, practitioner Ms. Zhou Yumin from Panzhihua City was arrested at home by the police officers from the Renhe District Police Station.
3. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Ying from the Qinglong District Again Arrested by the Police Officers
Practitioner Ms. Liu Ying from the Qinglong District of Chengdu City had been arrested, detained, and imprisoned by the police officers multiple times. She was forced to leave home to avoid being arrested. In November 2005, Ms. Liu was arrested again by the police officers and her current situation is not clear.
Relevant phone numbers:
Police officers of Qinglong District, Weng Kai (male): 86-28-80822916; Yuan Lin (male): 86-28-88158827
4. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Yang Guangyi and His Wife from the Nanguan District Arrested at Home
Practitioner Mr. Yang Guangyi (a veterinarian) and his wife, from the Hongqi Street, Xingfu Township, Nanguan District of Changchun City are both Falun Dafa practitioners. At 4:00 p.m. November 10, 2005, both practitioners were arrested at home by the police officers. Mr. Yang's wife walked away with righteous thoughts. Mr. Yang Guangyi was held in the detention center for one night and was taken to the Sheling Town Detention Center in Shuangyang County the next day.
5. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Li Yanhai from the Liaozhong County Arrested
At 10:00 a.m. on the morning of December 6, 2005, practitioner Mr. Li Yanhai from the Liaozhong County, who is around fifty years old, was arrested at his work place by the police officers Li Wei (male) and others from the Liaozhong County 610 Office and Liaozhong County State Security Division. Li Wei's cell phone number is: 86-13604909119.
The phone number for the Liaozhong County State Security Division: 86-24-87820003
6. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Wu Liantie from the Liaozhong County Illegally Sentenced to Eight Years of Imprisonment
Practitioner Mr. Wu Liantie, forty-seven years old, from the Huangbei Village, Ciyutuo Town, Liaozhong County of Shenyang City, was arrested while resting at home by the police officers from the Ciyutuo Town Police Department, on the noon of April 13, 2005. His house was also ransacked. Recently, Mr. Wu Liantie was illegally sentenced to eight years of imprisonment under groundless accusations.
7. [Huanan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhou Zhanxian and Ms. Li Xiulan Arrested
Practitioners Mr. Zhou Zhanxian and Ms. Li Xiulan lived at the Tiedong Street, Huanan County in Heilongjiang Province. On December 7, 2005, both practitioners were arrested by the police officers and now illegally held and tortured in the Huanan County Detention Center.
8. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Dong Zhuying Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Dong Zhuying from the Xuan Village, Fengnan District, Tangshan City in Hebei Province, was illegally arrested by the police officers when she was distributing truth-clarification materials in the Jianzigu Village on the afternoon of December 2, 2005. Now her whereabouts are unknown.