1. Little Bai He left behind crying as her parents are arrested

In 2000, Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Bai and his wife, from Dehui City, Jilin Province, went to Beijing to protest against the persecution of Falun Gong. As soon as they returned to their home, the police illegally arrested them and left behind their little girl, Bai He, who had not yet turned five at the time. The girl was so frightened by the conduct of the police that her face turned pale and she was trembling. She called out for her mom and dad in a panic, "Mommy, Daddy," but the police ignored her pleas. They arrested Bai He's parents and took them away.

During the height of the persecution, the neighbors did not dare to help out, except for another Falun Gong practitioner, W, who quietly took the child home. When the police learned that W had taken the child home to care for her, they sent an officer to W's home. He pointed a finger at W and yelled, "Give up the child right now, or I will arrest you." W replied, "How can you still be human if you do such a thing? I will not leave the child even if you do arrest me." In the end, the police indeed arrested W and sent her to a labor camp, falsely charging her with "disturbing the social order."

2. The plight of Mr. Wang Hongtian's family

After Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang Hongtian was persecuted to death, his wife and two young daughters had no source of income. The children still need to go to school and their clothes, food and other necessary expenses are critical to their survival.

3. The whereabouts of Ms. Luan Shujie's son are unknown

In the spring of 2003, two security guards from the Dahua factory in Dehui City arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Luan Shujie in the street and sent her to a labor camp. On December 15 of the same year, a group of police officers also arrested her husband, Mr. Zhang Xuedong, leaving behind a son who is only about ten years old. Nobody knows where the boy is now.

4. Ms. Jiang Chunxian's daughter is now an orphan who cries at her mother's grave

Officers from the local police station planted evidence and arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Jiang Chunxian. On January 18, 2004, she was charged at the Dehui City Court. As a result, she was sent to the Heizuizi Women's Prison, where she was beaten to death within a month. Her corpse had scars everywhere. The police officers from Heizuizi prison threatened her family members with arrest if they did not sign papers permitting cremation of the body in order to get rid of the torture evidence. Ms. Jiang Chunxian's little girl is now an orphan who cries at her mother's grave.

5. Six-year-old Mingyuan keeps asking for his mom and dad

On the same day that Ms. Jiang Chunxian had to endure her trial at the Dehui City Court, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sun Qian, who had already been detained for a year, was also brought to the court. He was sentenced to 12 years and detained in Jilin's Second Prison. On the afternoon of Dec 14, 2004, police officers from Dehui City arrested his wife, Ms. Ma Chunli, when she was walking on the street and took her to the local police station wrapped in a big black plastic bag. For more than 330 days, Ms. Ma has been on a hunger strike to protest against the persecution. She has become very emaciated. During all this time, Sun Mingyuan, their only son who is not even six years old, has not had his parents to look after him. He still keeps asking for them, to no avail.

November 21, 2005