Latest News from China - December 2, 2005
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Wang Shouhui and Liu Boyang, Mother and Son, Murdered
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Zheng Hongying in Critical Condition from Torture
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Wang Chunbo Holds Hunger Strike to Protest Persecution
- [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Tuanjie Police Savagely Beat Zhang Zhenshan
- [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Nan Minjun Arrested For Clarifying the Truth in Her Hometown
- [Beijing] Professors Zhao Chen and Zhang Yaping Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Liu Wanqiu Arrested and Sent to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wang Simei Arrested at Her Home
- [Beijing] Shi Yujuan Being Persecuted in Huilongguan Mental Hospital
1. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Wang Shouhui and Liu Boyang, Mother and Son, Murdered
On October 28, 2005, the Kuancheng Region Public Security Branch Bureau and city police arrested Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Wang Shouhui and Mr. Liu Boyang, mother and son, and took them to the Luyuan Branch Bureau for interrogation. That evening, Mr. Liu Boyang was tortured to death. Police notified his family on October 31, claiming that Mr. Liu had committed suicide by jumping from a sixth story building. On November 10, the bureau personnel notified the family that Ms. Wang Shouhui died from heart attack in the Sino-Japanese Friendship Hospital.
On November 23, 2005, according to an inside report, the Changchun Procuratorate carried out autopsies on Ms. Wang Shouhui and Mr. Liu Boyang. On November 28, the Luyuan Region Procuratorate gave the family the autopsy report, which indicated that Liu Boyang's death was caused by injury from falling, numerous head injuries and serious wounds on the lower jaw, crown of his head and other parts of his body. His thighbones and several ribs were fractured. There were 80 cc's of blood in the lung. (It is suspected that Mr. Liu did not die from falling, as his entire body was covered with wounds.)
Wang Shouhui died on November 10 and her family was notified on November 15. Her eyes were found sunken in the sockets. Her left ear had a blood stain. Liu Boyang's remains are being held at the Zgouyanggou Crematorium and Wang Shouhui's are in the City Procuratorate.
2. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Zheng Hongying in Critical Condition from Torture
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zheng Hongying, over sixty years old, is from Shijiagou Village, Nankouqian Township, Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. She was arrested while she was clarifying the truth in Xifeng County. She is now detained in the Xifeng Detention Center and in critical condition as the result of torture.
3. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Wang Chunbo Holds Hunger Strike to Protest Persecution
On October 12, 2004, Anshan City, Liaoning Province Dafa practitioners Mr. Wang Chunbo and his wife, Shi Wei, were arrested at a Falun Gong truth clarification materials production site. Both of them were sentenced to ten years in prison. Mr. Wang Chunbo is detained in the Jinzhou Nabshan Jail. According to a jail guard, Mr. Wang Chunbo is on a hunger strike in protest and is in critical condition.
4. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Tuanjie Police Savagely Beat Zhang Zhenshan
At about 9:00 a.m. on November 29, 2005, police from the Tuanjie Police Station arrested Mr. Zhang Zhenshan, a Dafa practitioner living on Xinling Road, Tonghua City. Police had confiscated his notebook computer, printer, and other items. Several policemen took turns keeping surveillance on his home until nightfall. After severely beating Mr. Zhang Zhenshan, police took him to the Changliu Detention Center.
5. [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Nan Minjun Arrested For Clarifying the Truth in Her Hometown
At around 3:00 a.m. on December 1, 2005, a group of policemen broke into Ms. Nan Minjun's home and arrested her. She was arrested earlier for clarifying the truth, and was detained in the Xishui County Second Detention Center. She was released after one week. Ms. Nan was arrested again when she returned to her hometown in Bailian County to clarify the truth.
6. [Beijing] Professors Zhao Chen and Zhang Yaping Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Zhao Chen, a Beijing Dafa practitioner, was a professor at the Department of French Language, Beijing Foreign Language University. He was arrested in May 2005 and sentenced to two years of forced labor. Mr. Zhao Chen is being detained in the Daxing Detention Center, leaving his fifth grade daughter alone at home without anyone to care for her.
Ms. Zhang Yaping, a Beijing Dafa practitioner, was a professor in the Computer Department at Capital Normal University. She was told to go to the school principal's office and was arrested there because she had mailed truth-clarification material to her leaders and colleagues. She was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor. Ms. Zhang is now imprisoned at the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp.
7. [Lanzhou City, Gansu Province] Liu Wanqiu Arrested and Sent to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
Ms. Liu Wanqiu, around 50, is a Dafa practitioner from the Xigu Region, Lanzhou City. On October 2005, police from the Wuquan Police Station in the Chengguan Region arrested her while she was clarifying the truth, and sent her to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center.
8. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wang Simei Arrested at Her Home
Ms. Wang Simei began Falun Dafa cultivation in 2004. Police from the Dongsihu Sandian Police Station arrested her while she was clarifying the truth. Since then, the Wuxing Residence Committee has constantly harassed her. Liu Guzhen, a member of the committee, often brought others to harass Ms. Wang and they have confiscated her exercise tapes.
On the morning of November 23, 2005, police from the Dongsihu Xincun Police Station arrested her at her home. Her whereabouts are unknown.
9. [Beijing] Shi Yujuan Being Persecuted in Huilongguan Mental Hospital
At the end of April 2004, Beijing Dafa practitioner Ms. Shi Yujuan was tortured and then rushed to the Navy General Hospital in the Beijing Haidian Region for treatment. Later, she was sent to the Huilongguan Mental Hospital, and has been detained there for the last two years.
Ms. Shi Yujuan suffered inhuman torture because of her belief in Falun Dafa. She was injected with drugs and subjected to electrotherapy treatments. As a result, her fingernails became deformed and have fallen off.
Ms. Shi Yujuan's home phone: 86-10-68907225