(Clearwisdom.net) Sixty year-old Mr. Ding Rufu was a resident of Pingyang Town, Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province. Within less than six months of practicing Falun Gong in early 1998, he recovered from all his hard-to-heal and strange illnesses without taking any medicine. Witnessing Mr. Ding's amazing health improvement, many others in the local area also started to cultivate Falun Dafa. Mr. Ding set up a Falun Gong practice site at his house and served voluntarily as an assistant. After the evil party's persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, he became the focal point of the lawless officials' persecution. Repeatedly, the police went to his house to search for Dafa books, confiscate his personal belongings, and threaten and harass him. This continuous police abuse stopped him from practicing Falun Gong. In early 2000, Mr. Ding suffered a relapse of his illnesses, and he passed away on March 27 of that year.

Ms. Yang Shirong, 83, lived at the dormitory of Jining City Knitting Plant in Shandong Province. Before learning Falun Gong in 1997, she suffered from various respiratory ailments. Specifically, a chronic case of bronchopneumonia would manifest recurring symptoms of asthma, suffocation, and even shock. Meanwhile, accompanying headaches and uneasiness of the chest caused her difficulty with sleeping. A short while after practicing Falun Gong, however, all her illnesses disappeared. Thus, her daughter and grandson-in-law began their cultivation practices as well. In 2000, the police illegally arrested her daughter and grandson-in-law merely for printing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. Due to this unsettling event, Ms. Yang was frightened and suffered hemiplegia, or a "wind" stroke, which impaired her speech. On July 16, 2004, the wicked police again arrested her daughter and also searched her home. Once again the senior Ms. Yang became mentally traumatized and was terrified day-and-night. A few days later, she died on July 21, 2004.

Mr. Jiao Cunren, age 63, lived at No. 75-10-4 Shengli Road, Tonghua City, Jilin Province. After learning Falun Dafa in 1997, he became free from his old illness of vasculitis without any medical treatment. Moreover, he gained ten pounds and was remarkably able to do Falun Gong exercises for two hours in 30-some degrees below zero temperatures. In the past, he could endure such conditions for no more than five minutes. Since the evil party's attempts to suppress Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, many times the wicked police cadres went to Mr. Jiao's house to harass him. Especially after the incident when Falun Gong truth programs were broadcast on television after someone tapped into the system on March 5, 2002, his house was confiscated and his spouse's wages were unduly stopped. Mr. Jiao was forced into a state of homelessness and destitution. Thereafter, he suffered both mentally and physically from the woeful circumstances he was forced to face. Finally, the recurrence of an old illness took his life on June 1, 2003.

Mr. Liu Cunnian, 65, was a practitioner in Hebei Province. Before learning Falun Gong, he had many illnesses. After practicing Falun Gong, all of his illnesses disappeared without medicine. Mr. Liu had twice appealed in Beijing to make public the truth of his own benefits from Falun Gong. The first time was on "April 25," 1999, and the second time was at the end of 2000. Because of the Communist Party's sinister efforts to deprive people of the freedom of speech and access to uncensored information, Mr. Liu was illegally arrested by police and sent back to his hometown where the persecution continued. The local police unlawfully searched his house and confiscated his personal property. Moreover, they arrested him with the intent to lock him up in a detention center. Because he failed the physical checkup, the detention center did not accept him. Yet, the criminal minds of the wicked police did not cease as they extorted fines of a few thousand yuan and withheld twenty thousand yuan worth of bonds that belonged to him. After that time, on "sensitive days" when heightened security was enforced, cadres of the local evil party branch would go to his house and harass and threaten him into writing a guarantee statement with the purpose of undermining his belief in Falun Dafa. Recently, due to their solid belief in Falun Gong's "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance," Mr. Liu's wife and daughter were illegally detained and sent to a forced labor camp. For six years, Mr. Liu Cunnian endured so much mental anguish that he suffered a relapse of his illness. He was sent for emergency rescue several times, but finally passed away on October 17, 2005.

Ms. Fu Yuanyue, 56, was a resident of Wuhan City, Hubei Province. She learned Falun Dafa in October 1993. As the end of 2000 approached, Ms. Fu went to Beijing to validate the goodness of Falun Gong. She was groundlessly detained for approximately two months and then sent to serve eighteen months at a forced labor camp. After being released from the forced labor camp, she solidly maintained her cultivation practice of Dafa. In the year 2004, the lawless police arrested her husband and daughter so as to persecute them in a forced brainwashing class. The persistent and long-term menacing threats posed by the police towards her and her son exacted a heavy toll. It ultimately wearied Ms. Fu to the point of mental trauma. She later passed away in October, 2005.