(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Wang Zhirong was a retired worker from the Chengdu Metallurgy Factory of Sichuan Province. In 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. After returning home, she was harassed by deputies from the local police stations, the residential committee, and her factory security department. She was detained numerous times. During her detention she held hunger strikes to protest. Upon seeing that she was on the verge of death, the authorities released her. To avoid further persecution Ms. Wang, her daughter, and her four-year-old grandson were forced to leave home and go from place to place. Ms. Wang passed away on December 14, 2001, at the age of 59. Her daughter continued to live a homeless life, and in January 2003, her grandchild also died.

Mr. Wang Shengtang lived in Gushan Town, Donggang City, Liaoning Province. Shortly after he began to practice Falun Gong, all his illnesses went away without treatment. After the persecution began in 1999, he was twice arrested, once in September 1999 and again in July 2001. The arrest in 2001 happened in the middle of the night. At that time the Donggang City Police Department Security Section Chief Wang Runlong led over ten policemen to search his home. They scaled the wall and broke into his house. They turned his home upside down and then took him away without a warrant. For the past several years Mr. Wang had been subjected to constant harassment, threats, intimidation, and brainwashing. He suffered tremendously under this persecution and was under constant fear and stress. He suffered a stroke as a result and passed away on October 12, 2005, at the age of 70.

Ms. Ren Huiying lived in Urumqi, Xinjiang Province. Before she took up the practice of Falun Gong, she had to rely on others to take care of her. From 1990 to 1998, she took medication constantly. After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1998, she never had to use any medication and she became completely healthy. Her son and daughter-in-law also practice Falun Gong. In June 2000, her son and daughter-in-law went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Her family was under constant harassment as a result, and received threats from the local authorities. Ms. Ren fell ill under the pressure and passed away on November 7, 2000, at the age of 57.

Mr. Xia Xiying lived in Liujiawa Village, Tiemengang, Macheng City, Hubei Province. He previously had late-stage tuberculosis. After practicing Falun Gong, his tuberculosis and other illnesses went away. He went to Wuhan City on April 25, 1999 to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. After the persecution formally started in July 1999, he was subjected to harassment and intimidation. He turned in his Falun Dafa books under pressure and wrote the so-called guarantee statement against his will. He was forced to slander Dafa on TV. He was very regretful for what he did after he returned home. The local authorities continued to harass him, causing dramatic damage to his body and mind. He passed away in 2003, at the age of 70.

Ms. Bao Shengmei was from Wangjiashuizhai Village, Baiguo Town, Macheng City, Hubei Province. She was subjected to constant persecution since 1999 and was unable to study the Fa and do the exercises. She was forced to leave home and go from place to place. In late 2004, she passed away.