(Clearwisdom.net) Between March and April 2002, the Jiamusi City Xigemu Women's Forced Labor Camp started pressuring Falun Dafa practitioners into being "reformed" through brainwashing. In addition, over twenty female guards were relocated from the Jiamusi Prison to the forced labor camp to participate in the persecution.

When the brainwashing started, the guards moved Falun Dafa practitioners from their "small cells" and gathered them all into a large room on the third floor. They forced practitioners to sit on little stools to watch propaganda that defamed Falun Dafa, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. The little stools were specially made such that four spiral nail poles protruded above the surface. The practitioners were forced to sit with their backs straight, their two hands flat on their kneecaps and their legs bent at a 90-degree angle. Several guards rotated, patrolling day and night with rubber and wooden clubs. As soon as they saw that someone's posture was not correct, they beat that practitioner with the club. As a result of sitting on the little stool for an extended period, some practitioners' buttocks were severely bruised and torn by the protruding spiral nail poles.

One time, because the practitioners refused to read articles that defamed Falun Dafa, the guards called in some male guards from the management office and proceeded to brutally beat the practitioners. One practitioner's arm was broken from the beating. Another practitioner's leg was fractured. Many other practitioners were severely injured.

The chief guard in charge of torture on the second floor dragged three to four Falun Dafa practitioners to the second floor every day. He first tried to force the practitioners to copy the repentance statement. If someone refused, he immediately started torturing them. First the guard held the practitioner to the floor. He then lifted the bed board and handcuffed the practitioner's hands onto the steel bed frame. Such a torture method is called "behind-the-back handcuffing." (The practitioner's hands are first tied behind the back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the hands toward one another and handcuff them together.) This causes the practitioner under torture to suffer excruciating pain from torn muscles and fractured bones. When the torture lasts a long time, the practitioners lose consciousness from the pain.

Later, a guard devised a vicious torture method. When they handcuff the practitioners' hands, they lock the handcuffs deep into the practitioners' bones. In a very short while, the handcuffed hands turn from red to black due to the lack of blood circulation. After half an hour, the hands above and below are switched. During the process of switching, the guard intentionally lifts the handcuffs up to worsen the pain. Because the handcuffs were locked into the bone, the skin on the practitioners' wrists was torn and the gaping flesh wounds were produced. During this torture, one can often hear painful cries from the corridor. After several months of brutal torture, many practitioners became handicapped from the beatings and the handcuffing. Some practitioners even became paralyzed.

Those who participated in the torture include: He Qiang, Liu Yadong, Sun Limin, Li Xiujin, Mu Zhenjuan, Sun Min, Gao Jie, Gao Xiaohua, Hong Wei, Jiang Jianan, Zhang Yan, prison guard Lin, prison guard Sun, and others. In addition, guards from the management department participated in the torture. Yu Wenbin was the "educator" of the brainwashing session.