The Heinous Acts of Officer Zhao Shuang of the Changlinzi Labor Camp
(Clearwisdom.net) Zhao Shuang is head of Division No. 5 at the Changlinzi Labor Camp in Harbin City. He is extremely cruel when persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. He follows the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and Jiang's regime's policies and frequently said, "Killing a Falun Gong practitioner is just a matter of filling out a form saying it was a normal death. The labor camp has a large enough death quota." The following is a partial description of his crimes.
1. Zhao always inhumanly tortures new prisoners. On February 2, 2004, three Dafa practitioners were transferred to Division No. 5 from other divisions. They are Zhang Xiangfu (who was since tortured to death), Yang Wenjie and another practitioner whose name is unknown. Zhao Shuang capriciously slapped one practitioner on his face. When the practitioner asked Zhao why he did that, Zhao and more than 20 other guards and inmates brutally tortured the three practitioners together until they were covered with blood. Later, he locked the three practitioners in a solitary confinement cell and handcuffed them to metal chairs. Zhao Shuang shocked them with electric batons at will, day or night. Sometimes Zhao became tired from shocking them. He would then instruct an inmate named Li Chunlong to continue. The torture continued for about half a month. The three practitioners were covered with bruises and wounds; they were not released from the solitary confinement cell until they were in critical condition. Immediately after that, despite their health, the three practitioners were forced to do high-intensity labor. On top of that, Zhao Shuang often shocked Yang Wenjie with an electric baton.
In mid March, former professor and Falun Gong practitioner Li Yougang from Harbin Industrial University was sent to Division No. 5. Zhao Shuang slapped him on the face and shocked him with an electric baton as soon as he arrived. Another practitioner, Hao Yunshu, was also shocked.
2. The guards at the camp are required to obey five rules, but Zhao Shuang never follows any of them. He drinks alcohol at every lunch and dinner at the labor camp. On several occasions, he was so drunk that he could not even stand stably. During the 2004 Dragon Boat Festival, he started drinking at lunch and continued until 8:00 p.m. At 8:30 p.m. he called all the practitioners for a meeting. At the meeting he verbally abused them while slapping them on the face and shocking them. Some practitioners were burned from the shocking. The meeting continued until 11:40 p.m. when Zhao felt he had enough "enjoyment."
3. Zhao Shuang's favorite ways to torturing practitioners were "rowing" and "splitting." "Rowing" means he sat on the practitioner's back and used the practitioner's arms as oars, like rowing a boat. He would push the arms to the extreme so that the bones started popping. "Splitting" means he pulled practitioners legs apart as far as possible. Practitioners Gao Ke and Li Shoutian suffered such tortures and were still limping one year after the torture. Zhao Shuang often finds excuses to torture the practitioners by "rowing," "splitting" or shocking them with electric batons.
4. Forcing Dafa practitioners to write the three statements. Zhao Shuang instructed inmates Qi Kunlei, Yang Lei, Li Chunlong and Wang Dejun to torture Dafa practitioners cruelly to force them to write the three statements. Practitioner Zhang Siyuan was beaten so badly that he lost control of his bowels and bladder. Zhao Shuang and guards Wang Kai and Jiang Guosheng handcuffed practitioner Zhou Peihong to a metal chair and shocked him to force him to write the three statements. Zhao Shuang also instructed inmates to continuously abuse practitioner Zhou Peihong 24 hours a day, beating his head or wounds with a broom as soon as he fell asleep.
5. Dafa practitioners were treated as slaves at this camp in order to make money for the camp. They were forced to perform high-intensity labor for long hours. Usually practitioners were forced to start work at 5:00 a.m. and had to continue until late at night. It was considered early for them to stop working at 9:00 p.m. or 10:00 p.m. More often than not they worked until 11:00 p.m. or midnight, sometimes even until the early morning hours. While working, practitioners were often beaten or shocked as a form of punishment. When Zhao Shuang was on duty and in a bad mood, he made practitioners work much longer. Even the leaders of the inmates were given the authority to increase the work quotas for practitioners and could also beat practitioners at will. Zhao Shuang often said, "It is all right to beat practitioners to death. All I have to do is fill out a form declaring it was a normal death; the labor camp has a large enough death quota to cover these deaths."
6. During Easter of 2005, Dafa practitioners Sun Peichen, Li Qingrong, Zhang Fengtian and Xu Guoxiang called out, "Falun Dafa is good!" in the dining hall. Zhao Shuang called Sun Peichen out and stripped him naked. Zhao Shuang grabbed Mr. Sun's penis and pulled it very hard. Later he sat on Sun Peichen to "row" and split" him. Another guard shocked Mr. Sun with an electric baton on his genitals. They continued to abuse Sun Peichen until they were too tired; then they forced him to go to work naked. Another Dafa practitioner, Song Guohua could not stand it any more. He stood up to stop them but was dragged away before he could even say a word. Practitioner Song was also stripped naked, shocked, "rowed" and split." One of his legs was broken after the "splitting." Practitioner Zhang Fengtian suffered similar tortures. Practitioner Li Qingrong was transferred to Division No. 1.
7. Zhao Shuang often told Dafa practitioners, "Torturing you is entertainment for me! Don't tell me about humanity! I do not have any humanity! If you make me upset, I might torture you to death." Zhao Shuang also told other inmates in front of practitioners, "If you find that any practitioner is not good, let me know and I will torture him to death."
Zhao Shuang set a rule that practitioners in Division No. 5 are not allowed to talk at all. They must be silent at all times. Once inmate Sun Ye suspected that practitioner Chu Jinyuan had talked to Gao Ke. He immediately hit Mr. Chu on his head. When Sun Ye verbally abused other practitioners, practitioner Xu Changfa said to him, "We are good people, following the principles of 'Truth, Compassion, Forbearance." Sun Ye hit Xu Changfa on his face before he could finish the sentence. Mr. Xu's face swelled immediately.
Zhao Shuang heard that practitioner Tang Shaoyong was paid half a million yuan per year before being imprisoned. He often hinted that Mr. Tang should give him money or presents. Tang Shaoyong ignored him. As a result, Zhao Shuang often found an excuse to torture Mr. Tang, shocking him with electric batons and slapping his face so hard that he broke one of Mr. Tang's eardrums.
8. Extending Falun Dafa practitioners' sentences: According to the labor camp rules, all prisoners should benefit from reduced terms according to their behavior, and most inmates' terms were reduced six to eight days per month. Some sentences were reduced four to six days, and a few two to four days. All prisoners who served two thirds of their sentence term could benefit from six to eight days reduction each month. However, more than 95% of Dafa practitioners in Division No. 5 did not have the advantage of a term reduction, no matter how long they were imprisoned. The most practitioners could get was a two to four-day term reduction each month. Essentially, however, all practitioners' sentence terms were extended. Zhao Shuang said, "We are relying on you practitioners to make money for us."
9. As of April 1, 2005, prior to their release, all practitioners were forced to answer ten multiple-choice questions that slandered Dafa and Master. The terms of practitioners who refused to answer these questions were extended.
November 15, 2005