Falun Gong Practitioners Jin Yongnan and Jin Chengquan of Tumen City in Jilin Province firmly hold to their belief in Falun Gong. They have been persecuted by the Tumen City Detention Center, the Yuegong Street Police Station, the Helong Cultural Police Station, the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp of Jiutai in Jilin Province, the Yanji Forced Labor Camp, the Shixian Town Paper Manufacturing Factory, the Nursing Home Brainwashing Center in Tumen City, the Jilin Jail and many others. Here are the facts of how they were persecuted.

Mr. Jin Yongnan is now 57 years old. He had severe hepatitis and low blood pressure as a young man. He could not do heavy farm work and lived in extreme poverty. After he began practicing Falun Dafa in 1994, his blood pressure became normal and the pain from his liver no longer tormented him. He became energetic and healthy through practicing Falun Dafa. His business and family life also gradually changed for better, and his family moved into a new home. However, after only several months in the new home, the vicious persecution invaded their lives.

In March 2000, Jin Yongnan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He was sent back into the custody of the local police and illegally held at Tumen City Detention Center for a month. The police extorted 2,300 yuan from his family.

In January 2001, Jin Yongnan was suddenly illegally arrested and taken to the Shixian Town Paper Manufacturing Factory's Nursing Home in Tumen City by Jin Changzhu and others from the Yuegong Street Police Station. There he encountered inhumane brainwashing organized by a person with the surname of Pu (from the Justice Bureau), along with the collaboration of the 610 Office, Yuegong Street Police Station, and the Tumen City Politics and Judicial Committee Secretary Wang Baozhong. The detainees were tormented beginning around 4 to 5 a.m. and continuing until between 9 p.m. or often until 12 a.m. They were monitored around the clock and forced to run long distances, perform physical exercises, watch videos that defame Dafa, and stand for long periods of time while enduring personal attacks and cursing.

Jin Yongnan would not give up practicing Falun Gong, so he was transferred from the brainwashing center to the detention center. Later, he was transferred back to the brainwashing center. He was finally set free in mid-April.

In June 2002, Jin Yongnan was arrested in Yanji, while clarifying the truth about Dafa, by police officers from the Helong Cultural Police Station and beaten by the police officers.

In July 2002, Jin Yongnan was sent to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai, Jilin Province. Jin Yongnan was locked in solitary confinement and tied to a bed for 40 days. Jin Yongnan stopped eating and drinking for 17 days in protest of the persecution. He was held for nearly 10 months and then transferred to Yanji Forced Labor Camp. He was detained beyond his term and not released until July of 2003.

Six months after Jin Yongnan returned home, on February 4, 2004, several police officers from Yuegong Street Local Police Station surrounded his home. They broke in and confiscated all the Falun Gong books and truth-clarification materials they could find. That day, Jin was locked up in an upstairs room of the Tumen City National Protection Brigade. The police interrogated him with torture for six days and nights trying to obtain the location of a materials production site and the names of more practitioners. During those six days they deprived him of sleep and put an iron hat on his head. Two police officers took turns cruelly beating him with wooden sticks. The sticks broke on Jin Yongnan's head, leaving large swellings on his head as evidence. Many parts of Jin's body were injured. His clothing was covered in blood and one leg was left disabled from the torture. The police burned his palms with cigarettes butts, covered his mouth with sticky tape to suffocate him, used a toothpick to prick open the wound on his head and continued to demand the source of the materials. They threatened to torture him to death and call it suicide. They said they would take no responsibility for their actions. They did not give him any food or water during the six days.

Falun Dafa practitioner Jin Chengquan, 30 years old, is also from Tumen City. Jin Chengquan began to practice Falun Dafa in 1994. In January 2001, he expressed support for his family members who practice Falun Gong. For this, the Yuegong Street Police Station of North Tumen City arrested and detained him for 15 days at the Tumen City Detention Center.

In August 2001, the Yuegong Street Local Police Station arrested Jin Chengquan from home. They took him to a brainwashing class held at the Shixian Town Paper Manufacturing Factory's nursing home in Tumen City. He escaped with righteous thoughts the same day.

On June 7, 2002, Jin Chengquan was taken to the Helong City Criminal Police Unit for validating Dafa. His computer, printer and other equipment used for producing truth-clarification material (valuing over 7,000 yuan), were confiscated. The police pressed him to reveal the name of another practitioner. Jin Chengquan did not answer, and suffered inhuman torture at the hands of the Helong City Criminal Police Unit for not cooperating.

The Helong City Criminal Police Unit cuffed his hands and feet, and then beat him with a wooden stick of about 3 cm in diameter until the stick broke in half. The police kicked his legs with leather shoes causing him to have difficulty walking afterwards. They did not give him any food or water from that morning until 9 p.m. He was sent to Helong City Detention Center the same night.

At 5 p.m. on June 13, 2002, Jin Chengquan was interrogated by six policemen. During the interrogation, Jin was restrained in handcuffs and shackles usually used on prisoners sentenced to the death penalty. The policemen took him into a forest located 60 miles from Helong City. They carried enough food for 15 days. They persecuted him brutally; threatening to throw his body into the Tumen River if he was killed during their interrogation. They said they would then claim it was the body of a North Korean stowaway who died from hunger.

The police hung Jin Chengquan in the air with handcuffs and leg shackles on. Beginning near midnight, they beat him. The handcuffs became tighter and tighter; they cut into his flesh and the pain penetrated his bones. The six policemen took turns beating him until they were out of breath. They kicked and punched him, and fiercely slapped him with a "blacksnake" (a type of torture instrument used to whip the victim). Then they covered his mouth with sticky tape, and forced burning cigarettes into both of his nostrils, forcing him to inhale them. After six cigarettes, he fainted. At that point they poured cold water on him to bring him around so they could continue the torture.

As a result of the torture, Jin Chengquan's heart on the left side became swollen. He suffered dysuria, was unable to carry anything over 15 kilograms and sustained long-term memory damage. His backbone was injured, the back of his head sustained injuries and his vision remains blurred. The police feared that he might die, so they requested 1,700 yuan from his family to take him to Yanbian Hospital for care. During an illegal trial, Jin Chengquan told the public prosecutors about the torture he suffered during the interrogation and the resulting damage to his mind and body. The public prosecutors turned a deaf ear to his testimony.

In November 2002, Jin Chengquan was sentenced to five years imprisonment for the so-called crime of "destructing law implementation." He was sent to Jilin Prison on February 25, 2003. He was placed in the 10th brigade on February 26, 2003, where he again suffered inhuman persecution. The prisoners there were ordered to persecute practitioners and try to force them to betray the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The police implemented a grading system to mark and reward the level of violence demonstrated by the prisoners.

Jin Chengquan was taken to the water house, his head was smashed into the wall, he was punched and kicked, beaten with a rubber hose and his beard and eyebrows were burned off while the police joked and laughed about torturing him. The police even pulled off Jin Chengquan's clothes seven to eight times a day to assault his testicles and pinch his inner thighs. His inner thighs became full of bloody scabs. Then they forced him to sit on an uneven wooden board with his legs crossed and his body straight from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. Jin Chengquan's weight dropped to less than 35 kilograms from the torture.

The prison uses many means of heavy discipline and confinement. They tie people to a bed until the flesh becomes rotten. The detainee's arms and legs are stretched out and forcibly cuffed to a bed. This can cause a person's joints to stretch and become disabled. Two Dafa practitioners and several prisoners held in this way died from torture. After they died, the police forced the prisoners to lie for them in return for reduced terms and privileges. If anyone lets the truth slip, they are punished by being forced to squat in a small cell and strictly supervised. The police insanely persecute practitioners to get bonuses. Jin Chengquan suffered 26 days of torture that were worse than dying.