(Clearwisdom.net) Since Hubei Province's Shayang Fanjiatai Prison started illegally imprisoning Falun Gong practitioners, nearly 80 Falun Gong practitioners have been imprisoned, subjected to brainwashing, and tortured both mentally and physically.

After Falun Gong practitioner Liao Yuanhua was released in 2004, he exposed the persecution he suffered in Fanjiatai Prison through the Internet. In December 2004, a CCTV news broadcast gave false reports on this matter, denying all the facts of the persecution. Meanwhile, Mr. Liao and several other practitioners who exposed the persecution were once again illegally arrested.

Falun Gong practitioner Cheng Xiaobao is from the Xiangfan area. On June 20, 2001, he was arrested and sent to Fanjiatai Prison in July 2002. Because he suffered persecution for a long time, his health was not good. On the morning of August 11, 2004, while Mr. Cheng was sitting on the bed, the person who monitored him thought he was doing the exercises and reported him to the guards. The guards incited four people to forcibly bring Mr. Cheng to a brick factory and attempted to force him to do prison labor. Mr. Cheng refused, and the police had four thugs beat him brutally. Mr. Cheng was beaten to the point of having cuts and bruises all over his body, and his legs were purple and black. Later he was lifted into the kiln to be exposed to the high temperature. In addition, they rolled a cart loaded with more than 500 kilograms of bricks over Mr. Cheng's ankle, creating a bleeding cut four centimeters long and one centimeter deep.

Falun Gong practitioner Xing Guangjun is from the Xiangfan area. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison for practicing Falun Gong. He was arrested in 2001 and sent to Fanjiatai Prison in July 2002. Because he was infected with a skin disease at the detention center, his health deteriorated. In 2003 Mr. Xing was strictly monitored for several months. The lengthy persecution caused Mr. Xing's legs to start to atrophy, and later he could no longer walk. In spite of this, the guards still subjected him to the same brutal treatment. Mr. Xing went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution during the 2004 Chinese New Year period. Five days later, Xing Guangjun was sent to the hospital, but during the hospitalization period Mr. Xing's condition became more serious, and his life was in danger. Fanjiatai Prison finally released Mr. Xing on bail for medical treatment in March 2005.

We hope that people with a sense of justice will help stop the brutal persecution against good people that is happening in China.

On November 08, 2005