One morning in August 1997, Mr. Song Sheng (who lived in Qian'an County in Songyuan City, Jilin Province) passed by a Falun Gong practice site and heard the Falun Gong exercise music. After he went back home, he told his family that the Falun Dafa music resounded in his ears continuously. Afterwards, Song Sheng's relative introduced Falun Dafa to his family, and the whole family took up the practice. After they started to practice, the whole family became harmonious and their bodies and minds benefited a lot. They were kind to others and often helped their neighbors, relatives and friends.

Once, his neighbor's house caught on fire. Song Sheng happened to be leaving his home at this time to travel somewhere. When he saw the fire and that there was no one around, he rapidly extinguished the fire by himself. Song Sheng never asked for any payback when he did good things for others. All the neighbors, relatives and friends said that he was a good person.

Since July 20 1999, Jiang's regime began spreading lies to slander Falun Dafa. Song Sheng exercised his rights as a citizen to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. He went to Beijing to appeal on February 22, 2000. He was stopped by the police at Fengtai Train Station and was illegally arrested and sent to Qian'an County Detention Center for a month. He was brutally beaten and abused by staff members of the Politics and Security Section of the Qian'an County Police Department and the detention center. After that, he was held at the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai for a year. In the labor camp, Song Sheng suffered from intensive brainwashing, beatings and torture for upholding his belief. He was released on December 28, 2000 (lunar year).

One day in April 2001, Zhao Yanhai and Yuan Ye from the Politics and Security Section of the Qian'an County Police Department forced Song Sheng into a police car on the street and took him to the Politics and Security Section. Yuan Ye tried to beat Song Sheng. Amazingly, none of his blows landed on Song Sheng, and Yuan Ye actually started to slap his own face. Blood came out of his mouth and he even asked Zhao Yanhai to take a look. Finally Song Sheng went back home safely.

On December 28, 2000 (lunar year), Song Sheng once again was taken from his home to the Qian'an Detention Center. He was kept there for fifteen days (policemen Chou Pengfei, Liu Wei, Zhao Yanhai and others are the officers in charge of Kunchi Police Station).

In March 2002, police from Yuzhou Police Station and Kunchi Police Station in Qian'an County pried open the window and ransacked Song Sheng's home when there was no one there. They stole a portable DVD player. Song Sheng's son and younger daughter heard from neighbors that the police had ransacked their home. They went to the Kunchi Police Station to ask for their DVD player back. Policeman Zhao Yanhai beat them viciously until they were dizzy. The police then bought some medicine and tried to force the children to take it. The children refused. The police were afraid that something might go wrong, so they took the children back home.

Because the police could not find Song Sheng and his wife, they went to Qian'an County Middle School and kidnapped Song Sheng's son. They threatened the child and told him to tell them where were the parents were. The child refused. Then they went to all of Song Sheng's relatives to ransack their homes and force them to tell where Song Sheng and his wife were. The relatives also refused to tell them. The police then deceived the relatives by telling them that they would release the child if they divulged the location of the parents. The relatives fell for the deceitful trap and told the police the location.

On March 28, 2002, police officers Shi Yuefu, Ma Jun, Chou Pengfei, Liu Wei, Jin Hongwei and so on from Kunchi Police Station drove to Dayangshu Train Station in Heilongjiang Province and arrested Song Sheng and his wife. Song Sheng's eldest daughter has become destitute and homeless in order to avoid arrest. His seventeen-year-old son was arrested and was held in Qian'an County Detention Center for a month. After that, he had to quit school because of all kinds of mental pressure. Song Sheng's wife was held in the detention center for a month and was released after that when her relatives paid 2000 yuan to bail her out. Song Sheng was sentenced to three years and was sent to the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. After two months, his sentence was extended to five years and he was sent to the Jilin Province Prison. Right now Song Sheng's health condition is extremely poor and one of his legs is severely injured.

A harmonious and happy family was thus persecuted and torn apart simply for wanting to improve themselves by following Truth-Compassion-Forbearance.

Telephone of Kunchi Police Station in Qian'an County, Songuan City, Jilin Province: 86-438-8228012.