(Clearwisdom.net) I am a young homeless practitioner. I am 12 years old, and a student in junior middle school. In 1999 I followed my mom to Beijing to petition for Falun Gong. From then on, my mom was pursued by our hometown police. I left school for about six months and lived a homeless life to avoid being persecuted. Later, I studied the Fa and did the exercises at home with my mom. I was in first grade at that time.

When I started attending school I did not have as much time as before to study the Fa and do the exercises and was not diligent like before.

In the first half of 2005 we met several practitioners who came from our hometown. Mom invited them to our home and we shared cultivation experiences together. I also felt very glad at that time.

The next afternoon I came back from school but found no one home. My mom did not take her cell phone with her either. After 11:00 p.m., mom and the other practitioners still had not come back. I got an incoming call from another practitioner who asked me whether or not my mom and the other practitioners had returned. I asked her what happened. She told me that officers took all of them to the local police station because someone had informed on them. The practitioner who called had been released first.

This was so sudden for me that I started to cry. When I hung up the phone I calmed down to think about everything: "Master is beside me and taking care of me. Why should I worry about anything?" Then I ran to the image of Master, bowed, and crossed my legs to send forth righteous thoughts.

The phone rang again after I had just finished sending forth righteous thoughts. It was mom calling from the police station. Hearing mom's voice I began to cry again. But when I considered the whole thing from the point of view of passing a test I did not cry anymore. After I hung up the phone I did not worry about mom because we have Master [on our side].

Mom told me to go to my aunt's home to sleep, so I did. The next day I went to school as usual without sadness or anxiety. I tried not to feel worried about mom, but I was not able to. I really believed that mom and I would overcome this difficulty, and mom would come safely back home. When school was let out that afternoon, it was unbelievable that mom had come to take me home. I felt very glad.

After that I thought that this must be a test for me. It tested my resolve to believe in Dafa and if I could get through the attachment of emotion. Master has said,

"Only when you are about to let go of your reputation, interests, and feelings will you feel pain." ( "True Cultivation," from Essentials for Further Advancement)

Master also said,

"With a preoccupied human heart, crossing the ocean proves arduous." ("The Knowing Heart," from Essentials for Further Advancement II)

Now I believe in Dafa much more than before. I always go with mom to hand out the truth-clarifying leaflets. I will work much harder on the three things which Master asked us to do in order to be much more diligent and return to my true home.