Healthy and energetic, Uncle Ma shared his cultivation experience at a dinner party on the eve of Chinese New Year 2005

Uncle Ma was born in Mei County, Guangdong Province in 1912. [It is considered respectful and affectionate for Chinese people to address an older man outside the family as "uncle."] He grew up and studied in Nanjing. After graduating from Zhongyang College Medical School in Nanjing, Uncle Ma worked at private and public hospitals before he opened his own clinic. He is part of the modern history of China. He experienced the Kuomintang (also known as the Nationalist Party) Northward Expedition, the unification of China, and China's war against Japan. The Chinese people experienced many decades of turmoil. Uncle Ma enrolled in the Kuomintang government's army in 1947 as a medical doctor. He moved to Taiwan in 1948 and later was stationed in Jinmen as the Chairman of Internal Medicine and as Lieutenant Commander in the army. After he became ill, he changed his post and worked as a forensic doctor until he retired in 1977.

Stricken by Sickness and Death

Because Uncle Ma's children work and live in the United States, Uncle and Aunt Ma once lived with their children for several years in the United States. During those years, Uncle Ma was very frail and prone to illness. Once, he caught a cold and had to be admitted to the hospital. The medical expenses for three days in the hospital totaled over 8,000 dollars. Uncle Ma was shocked to find that he did not enjoy any medical benefits although he has a Green Card. He decided he shouldn't live with his children in the United States any more, as otherwise his children would soon meet financial difficulty because of the medical expenses. Who could possibly afford to pay such a large medical expenses from time to time? He decided to forget about his Green Card status, and moved back to Taiwan.

In 1991, Aunt Ma passed away. Uncle Ma began to live alone in an irregular lifestyle, which caused him to become more prone to illness. Starting in 1998, he began to suffer urinary incontinence. The physical and mental turmoil repeatedly made him contemplate ending his life, but each time he gave up the idea because his children are very devoted to him. He chose to face his fate. Uncle Ma spent nearly two thirds of every year in the hospital.

Meeting a Falun Gong Practitioner in the Hospital

Uncle Ma met Ms. Lin in a hospital in Taiwan. Ms. Lin is a kindhearted volunteer at the hospital. She offered boundless care and assistance while Uncle Ma was critically ill and in desperate need of help.

Concerned not to inconvenience Ms. Lin, Uncle Ma lived at Ms. Lin's home for three months so that she could take care of two elderly folks, Ms. Lin's mother and Uncle Ma. Shortly after Ms. Lin started practicing Falun Gong, she introduced it to Uncle Ma. Before Uncle Ma started practicing Falun Gong, he had to go see the doctor three times a week on a routine basis. In addition, he had to take three types of medicine regularly for his heart disease, enlarged prostate, and insomnia. Three months after he started practicing Falun Gong, Uncle Ma stopped taking one of the medications and stopped using a walking stick. Five months after he started practicing Falun Gong, Uncle Ma stopped two of the medications and only took medicine for insomnia. But he started taking it less frequently. He reduced it to three- day, five-day and finally eight-day intervals. Seven months after he started practicing Falun Gong, Uncle Ma decided to stop taking the medicine for good during his trip to Kaoshong to promote Falun Gong. He didn't sleep for eight days and seven nights and then stopped the medicine for good. Uncle Ma spent the eight days studying Falun Gong books. Although he didn't get any sleep, he continued to study Falun Gong books and practice the Falun Gong exercises. On the eighth night after 7:00 p.m., he couldn't stand it any longer. He quickly washed himself and went to bed. He had a very good night's sleep and didn't wake up until after 7:00 a.m. When he got up that morning, he felt incredibly refreshed.

Since then, Uncle Ma's life has been completely altered. The many bottles of medicine and medicinal herbs disappeared from his kitchen cabinets, and Falun Gong books enriched his bookcase. He now gets up 4:00 a.m. every day to practice the Falun Gong exercises and study Falun Gong books. He is quite capable of looking after himself and keeping his home tidy and spotless. He traveled abroad to attend Falun Gong practitioners' cultivation experience sharing conferences in Washington, DC and Singapore. He is now very confident about his health. He has confidence that he is capable of any physical challenge that a young person is capable of.

The Benefits Uncle Ma Received from Practicing Falun Gong Are Evidence Against the CCP Propaganda

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to ban and persecute Falun Gong practitioners on July 20, 1999. Its 610 Office, the police, government agencies, judicial department, the legal system, as well as its giant police network, have been monitoring and oppressing Falun Gong. It has even staged the "Self-Immolation on Tiananmen Square" to instigate people's hatred and to justify and sustain its genocide of Falun Gong practitioners.

Uncle Ma said, "It is Falun Gong that gave me a new lease on life. I have to share with everyone the wonderful benefits of practicing Falun Gong in order to prove that the CCP propaganda is nothing but lies. I must help end the ruthless and cruel persecution as soon as possible." Although Uncle Ma is in his 90's, he is often seen distributing Falun Gong truth-clarification materials on the streets of Tainan City, a large city in southern Taiwan. The summer temperature in southern Taiwan often rises to 98oF, but Uncle Ma continues to greet everyone at the entrance of the train station, offering them truth-clarification materials, until dusk.

94-year-old Uncle Ma distributes Falun Gong's truth-clarification materials on the streets

Uncle Ma never falls behind when it comes to clarifying the truth

Sometimes younger Falun Gong practitioners worry whether Uncle Ma can handle the physical challenges, but Uncle Ma solemnly replies, "It is Falun Gong practitioners' sacred mission to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. I am perfectly fine!"

Uncle Ma often says that this is the happiest time in his life. He said confidently, "All of this is given to me by Falun Gong."