(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Sun Fuxi, 68 years old, was a retiree from Yantan City, Shandong Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in December, 1995. In November 2001, he went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. In September 2002, officials from the neighborhood committee forced him to write three "guarantee letters," which placed him under great mental distress. His wife is also a practitioner and had appealed in Beijing three times. She was detained and subjected to brainwashing. During the following years, his home was ransacked many times and he was constantly harassed and monitored. Mr. Sun lived under constant fear and pressure, and died on August 2, 2005.

Mr. Chen Jixiang, 46 years old, was a practitioner from Xinbin County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. Shortly after the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. After that the police detained, harassed and fined him many times. In 2003, he was detained and brought to the brainwashing center in Luotaishan Village, Fushun City, where he suffered great mental and physical torture. Mr. Chen died on August 20, 2005.

Mr. Chen Sanqiang, 39 years old, was a practitioner from Zhudian Township, Zhuwa Town in the Xishui County of Hubei Province. After July 20, 1999, he continued performing the five exercises outdoors to validate Dafa. He was detained three times and severely tortured each time. Once he was beaten until he lost consciousness and then drenched in cold water to be revived. The continual torture caused him to suffer a physical and mental breakdown, and his liver was damaged. After he returned home, he continued living under ongoing fear. Later he showed signs of liver ascites and died in May 2005.

Ms. Xie Simao, in her 60s, was a practitioner from the Wangsi District of Zhiwa Town in the Xishui County, Hubei Province. Following July 20, 1999, she suffered great mental pressure due to the severe persecution. She died in the beginning of 2002.

Ms. Liang Qunxiang was born on September 9, 1950, and was a resident of Zaoshi Town, Tianmen City, Hubei Province. She used to suffer from cancer. In 1996, she started practicing Falun Dafa and her mental and physical condition improved dramatically. After the persecution started in 1999, her younger son was refused enrollment by the military because she practiced Falun Gong. Because of that she gave up the practice. She suffered a relapse of the cancer and spent a lot of money on treatment even though there was no sign of recovery. She decided to start practicing again and publicly declared her words and actions void on the Minghui (Chinese version of Clearwisdom) website. However she was not able to overcome her illness and died on October 19, 2005. One of her family members said, "It was Falun Dafa that had extended Ms. Liang's life." They had never seen a cancer patient who could survive for nearly 10 years.