Mr. Li Yequan and His Son

( This photo was taken in October 2004 when Mr. Li Yequan went back to see his son Yi Xiu. At the time he had been forced to leave home and wander about in order to avoid being arrested and persecuted. Two months later, however, he was arrested at the home of a practitioner in the Yinlang District of Daqing City. In January 2005 he managed to escape from the detention center with righteous thoughts. On September 23, 2005, he was arrested once again. Now even his family members do not know where he is.

Since Yi Xiu was one year old, his father has been detained many times and was forced to become homeless to avoid being arrested and persecuted simply because he refused to give up his belief in the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Little Yi Xiu rarely had an opportunity to see his father. In the photo, little Yi Xiu held his father's neck tightly because he was afraid that his father would leave him again. Every time his father came back and then had to leave again, little Yi Xiu would cry and try to keep his father from leaving. He would become very unhappy after his father left.

Mr. Li, 37 years old, was an engineer at the No. 2 Workshop of the Daqing Perforating Charge Plant and lived at the 5-24-3-101 Chuangye Village in the Honggang District of Daqing City. After learning Falun Dafa, Mr. Li was honored as "One of the Best Ten Youths" and excelled at technical innovation.

Mr. Li started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. He kept firmly in mind what Teacher taught about being a good person wherever you go. He set a very high standard for himself in his work and life. Before he learned to practice Falun Dafa, he took home from work the bedding he used when he was on duty. After he began the practice he brought back the bedding to the factory, Since than, he has not taken anything from work.

Mr. Li's parents were workers on Baoquanling Farm and their income was meager. When he was at school, his family was very short of money. In order to support him, his younger brother quit junior high school before graduation. He said, "I will earn money to support my elder brother." Mr. Li lived up to the expectations of his parents and other members of his family and passed the university entrance exam. He earned a good salary after his graduation and then got married. He had never quarreled with his wife. However, the persecution of Falun Gong destroyed his calm life and dashed the expectations of his family members.

Due to Mr. Li's persistence in practicing Falun Gong and appealing for and clarifying the truth about Dafa, he was illegally fined many times by his workplace. He was also detained at a brainwashing center, a detention center and at forced labor camps, where he was beaten up, force-fed salt water, and tortured. One extreme torture was called "tying the ropes" (1). He was tied to a metal pole outside, without his coat or shoes, in the bitterly cold weather until he nearly passed out. To avoid further persecution he was forced to leave home and become homeless.

When Mr. Li was released from the forced labor camp he was ordered to clean the recreational room for elderly people as a punishment. Since the beginning of 2000, having lost the income from Mr. Li who was the only bread-winner, his wife and young child have lived a very meager existence. His wife's workplace closed down so she was unemployed at the time. Later, she found a temporary job as a custodian to support the family. Because the expenses for kindergarten were so high she could not afford it and young Yi Xiu had to enter primary school one year earlier than other kids.

The shortage of money and the psychological pressure, as well as the lies spread by the Chinese Communist Party, made Mr. Li's wife unable to understand him. His mother-in-law also complained about him. After several years of truth clarifying, however, his wife and mother-in-law eventually understood him and began to stand by his side

Where is Mr. Li now and what is his condition as a result of the persecution? His family members worry about him a great deal.

An account of the persecution Mr. Li has experienced:

On July 14, 2000, when he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, he was illegally arrested and escorted back to Daqing City. He was detained at the Honggang Detention Center for two months and then, upon his release from the detention center, he was directly sent to a brainwashing center run by the 610 Office of the Perforating Charge Plant. He was locked up for 50 days in the factory's guesthouse. During that time he was not allowed to go home or contact any outsiders. His salary was stopped as well. Because he was steadfast in his belief, he was sent back to the Honggang District Detention Center. On January 19, 2001, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor and sent to the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. At the end of March 2001, Mr. Li was dragged to the camp's "parade" ground and handcuffed to an iron pole for continuing to do the Falun Gong exercises. That was at 3 o'clock in the morning and the outside temperature was less than -10 degrees Celsius (about 14F). The prison guards stripped off his jumper, tracksuit pants and shoes and left him there for more than an hour, until he nearly collapsed, before they dragged him back inside. On the following day the prison guards covered his face and tortured him with "tying the ropes." What's more, the prison guards force fed him with salt water. They stopped his nose with their fingers and when he opened his mouth they poured the salt water down his throat. Half of the salt water went into his lungs, which made Mr. Li foam at the mouth and then cough violently. After the forced feeding he spat salt water for nearly 20 days. After being released from the forced labor camp he was transferred to a senior citizen's home to work as a janitor.

At the end of July 2003, Mr. Li was at work when Kan Deping, the Deputy Party Secretary of the Perforating Charge Plant, and Yao Shujun, the Director of the local 610 Office, came with four or five policemen and abducted Mr. Li in broad daylight. They sent him to the Hongweixing Brainwashing Center of Daqing City and then transferred him to the Chuangye Police Station, where a confession was extorted from him after two days of torture before he was sent to a detention center. Mr. Li went on a hunger strike for more than ten days and was taken back home by his family. Then he was forced to leave home and become homeless to avoid further arrests and persecution.

On December 10, 2004, Mr. Li was arrested at the home of a practitioner from the Yinlang District after police officers from the Ranghulu District Police Department and the Chengxin Police Station of Daqing City forced their way into the house. Mr. Li was detained and interrogated at the Saertu District Detention Center for nearly a month. He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was sentenced to three years of forced labor. He was sent to the Daqing Forced Labor Camp and was released on bail for medical treatment because he did not pass the medical examination.

At about 5 o'clock in the morning on September 23, 2005, he was once again arrested in the Sha'ertu District. Now, however, his whereabouts are unknown.

Telephone Numbers of the Departments Related to the Persecution:

(Note: for home or office phone numbers, dial country code + area code before all numbers. For cell phone numbers, dial country code before the numbers. Country code: 86, area code: 459)

Daqing City Police Department:

Cao Zhenhe, Political Commissar: 6373066(Office), 6280888(Home),
13329500002 (Cell)

Lin Guoli, Deputy Head of the Department: 6375026(Office), 6986708(Home),
13329500003 (Cell)

Liang Ximing, Deputy Head: 6390005(Office), 6390988(Home),

Wei Chunhua, Deputy Head: 6398889(Office), 6381983(Home),

Hao Dejiang, Deputy Head: 6375029(Office), 6381516(Home),

Liu Yong, Deputy Head: 6374899(Office), 6292999(Home),

Lan Yingjie, Deputy Head: 6688059(Office), 6689098(Home),

Wang Chunru, Director of the Political Department: 6368499(Office), 4688828(Home), 13329500009(Cell)

Gao Zhenbo, Director of the Administrative Office: 6683926(Home),

Daqing City National Security Bureau:

Lin Zhisheng, Director: 6281231(Office), 6688448(Home), 13604651999(Cell)

Wang Xiyan, Party Secretary: 6181232(Office), 4611878(Home),

Zhang Wanyu, Deputy Director: 81233(Office), 6362878(Home),

Kang Jinlong, Deputy Director: 6181234(Office), 6283599(Home),

Zhang Wendong, Deputy Director: 6181235(Office), 6286716(Home),
13903693705(Cell), FAX: 86-459-6181250

Daqing Perforating Charge Plant:

Lu Donghong, Party Secretary: 4698456(Office), 13349490837(Cell)

Guo Zongwan, Factory Manager: 86-459-4698043(Office), 13904594726(Cell)

Director, 610 Office: 86-459-4698418(Office)


(1) Tying the Ropes - One type of brutal torture, this involves putting a thin nylon rope around the back of a person's neck and then wrapping it around both shoulders down to each arm, loop by loop, and then over each hand. The rope is tightened to its limit and cuts into the flesh. Both arms are forced behind the back and raised to the extreme, and then both thumbs are tied with a rope and fastened to the rope that goes around the back of the neck. The person tortured in this way is then kicked to a kneeling position on the floor. The rope is released about one hour later, and then the person is tied up like this again a second time, then a third time...See photo illustration on