(Clearwisdom.net) The police from the Zhengyang Police Station and the Hubin Police Station of the Longsha Police Branch in Qiqihar arrested nearly 100 local Falun Gong practitioners in March 2005.

At the beginning of March 2005, two female Falun Gong practitioners were distributing truth-clarification materials at the Dafuyuan Business Plaza. The surveillance camera caught them. The police from the Zhengyang Police Station followed them and then started large-scale arrests. In the middle of the night on March 4, the police arrested Mr. Liu and his wife Ms. Yan Liju, a Falun Gong practitioner, at their home. After 5:00 A.M. on March 5, the police arrested Mr. Ma Wensheng, his wife Ms. Wang Guizhi, and their son. They are both Falun Gong practitioners. Their son was imprisoned for 15 days.

The police at the Zhengyang Police Station subjected every arrested Falun Gong practitioner to strappado and many other forms of torture. [Note: The strappado is a form of torture in which a victim is suspended in the air by means of a rope attached to his hands which are tied behind his back.]

Those Falun Gong practitioners who suffered the torture of strappado lost the ability to look after themselves. Mr. Dong Wenqiang's head was injured from being beaten. The beating broke Mr. Ma Wensheng's legs. Xu Jingwen was arrested and taken to Longsha Police Branch's criminal investigation team, where he was subjected to five days of torture. Finally, they used the torture of strappado for one day and one night until both his shoulders were dislocated and he passed out. To this day, Xu Jingwen is still unable to use his arms and has to rely on other people's care. Because of such a large-scale arrest, the local detention center could not accommodate all the arrested practitioners. Ms. Yan Liju and some other practitioners were taken to Fulaerji Detention Center.

During this police action, the police helped themselves to all the computers and computer-related equipment in the arrested Falun Gong practitioners' homes. One practitioner's son is the only computer user in the household and is not a practitioner, but the police confiscated the computer anyway. In addition, the police confiscated two practitioners' copiers and stole 2,000 yuan from them.

At around 9:00 A.M. on March 6, 2005, the police from the Zhengyang Police Station brought a locksmith to the home of a Falun Gong practitioner and pried the door open without a search warrant. This practitioner's husband is not a Falun Gong practitioner. He tried to reason with the police, but the police refused to listen and even arrested him. They kept him in the police station until after 2:00 P.M. that day.

The Head of the Zhengyang Police Station took his post in the beginning of 2005. He has been very active in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners because he wanted to get a promotion. He is very cruel and vicious towards Falun Gong practitioners. At the time, the police had arrested so many Falun Gong practitioners that they were exhausted from torturing them. The Head of Qiqihar City's Public Security Bureau and the Head of Longsha Police Branch even brought watermelons, oranges and premium cigarettes to reward the policemen.

Qiqihar City's Public Security Bureau told the criminal investigation team of the Longshan Police Branch to be responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. The team's building is nicknamed the Demon's Building. They have many types of torture devices to carry out things like strappado, tiger bench, water dungeon, electric shocking and suffocation.