(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Sun Shujie, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province was sentenced to forced labor again in 2002. Because of the violence from torture and from brainwashing, she is now mentally disabled. In spite of her condition, the policemen still forced her to work. They also kept verbally abusing and slandering her, making her mental state much worse. Once, when she was doing chores in the workshop, she picked up scissors, trying to slash her own throat. The following is her story:

Ms. Sun Shujie, 49 years old, a section head in Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province, has twice been held in a forced labor camp. The first time she was suffered forced brainwashing and was in very bad health when they finally released her. Shortly after that she underwent gynecological surgery and had her womb removed. In May 2002, before she had recovered from the surgery, she was arrested again and sent to Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp.

This time, Ms. Sun began to protest in the labor camp. She refused to cooperate with all the abuse and persecution such as brainwashing, squatting in a square, and listening to broadcasts that slandered Dafa. Because of her protest, the camp guard, Liu Yadong handcuffed her beside the bed days and nights, forcing her to sit on the cold floor for about five days. Because her surgery incision had not yet completely healed, she suffered so much pain that she could barely stand it.

The police brainwashed her violently. She suffered much additional torture and mistreatment, such as being hung up with her hands cuffed behind her back and being strictly monitored by inmates. In the meantime her husband divorced her. The horrifying camp environment, the torture and the verbal abuse affected her to the point that she collapsed mentally. The camp policemen and the doctors were fully aware of her situation but they did not want to do anything to help. They even insulted her viciously, saying that she was pretending.

Guard Hong Wei ordered Liu Shihua, a 50-year-old prisoner, to follow and monitor Ms. Sun all the time. One morning when Ms. Sun left the camp meeting room a policeman noticed this and captured her. After a round of violent beating, the policeman brought her back to the eighth team. Then guard Hong Wei beat her violently one more time.

Liu Shihua's prison term would have expired shortly after that, but because she failed to watch Sun closely enough, guard Hong Wei added one month to her prison term. Thus Liu Shihua could not go back home before the Chinese New Year.

After that, guard Hong Wei and another person named Jiang Jianan ordered two prisoners to monitor Ms. Sun and to force her to work. Although she had become a mental patient, Jiang Jianan and Hong Wei still kept verbally abusing and insulting her. It made her mental state even worse. Once, while doing chores in the workshop she took a pair of scissors and tried to stab herself in the throat. Fortunately, practitioners Song Huilan and Li Shumei detected her action. They stopped her immediately and prevented her from committing suicide. After learning what had happened to Ms. Sun, Hong Wei and some other prisoners hung her up outside and beat her violently. Then they kept her handcuffed all the time. In the summer of 2004, Ms. Sun's mental state was so serious that the labor camp had no alternative but to let her go home.