Latest News from China - September 25, 2005
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Cao Jingdong, and Li Rongguo Sentenced to 3 and to 1.5 Year Prison Terms Respectively
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Many Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
- [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] The No. 8 Team of the Women's Ward in Yangmahe Prison Brutally Tortures Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Chongqing City] Tan Zuqiong Arrested While Clarifying the Truth
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Yunzhen Sentenced to a 21 Month Prison Term
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Zhou Meilin, and Lv Pingyi Detained
- [Sichuan Province] Yangmahe Prison Refuses to Allow Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Xiong Yuhua's Family Members to Visit Her
- [Yakeshi City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Hou Yanqiu Arrested While Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yan Hongwei Transferred to the Luotaishanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Fushun City
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Zhao Chunrong Arrested and Brought to a Brainwashing Center
1. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Cao Jingdong, and Li Rongguo Sentenced to 3 and to 1.5 Year Prison Terms Respectively
Based on the latest news, Mr. Cao Jingdong and Li Rongguo, Falun Gong practitioners in Daqing City, were sentenced to 3 and 1.5 years in prison respectively. They are now detained at the No. 2 Division in the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. The torture has left Mr. Cao in critical condition.
Mr. Cao Jingdong is a resident of Chengfengzhuang, Daqing City. On September 3, 2005, he returned to his workplace, the Security Section of the Installation Company of the Daqing Petroleum Administration Bureau, to speak to Zhu Zunren because his salary was being withheld. Zhu Zunren lied to him and said the money would be ready for him the next Monday. However, on Monday, September 5, 2005, when he went to get his pay, Zhu Zunren not only refused to pay him, but he detained him, called the police and had him arrested. Mr. Cao was sent to the Zhaoyuan County Detention Center. He has been on a hunger strike since then, protesting the persecution. They force-fed him as a means of torture. A few days ago the Zhaoyuan County Police Department transferred him to the Daqing Forced Labor Camp.
In 2000, Mr. Cao was detained for fifteen days because he went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. When he returned to his workplace, Zhu Zunren had him arrested, and he was held in the Daqing Forced Labor Camp for two years.
Security Section of the Installation Company in Daqing Petroleum Administration Bureau:
Zhu Zunren, Chief: 86-459-5994114 (Office), 86-459-5765036 (Home)
Zhang Aihui, Deputy Chief: 86-459-5994114 (Office), 86-459-5713352 (Home)
2. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Many Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
On September 20, 2005, police from the Huangtailu Police Station in the north district of Qingdao City arrested Falun Gong practitioners Su Guihua, Cui Weirui and Ms. Lin at their home. It was confirmed that officers from the Hailunlu Police Station in the Sifang district arrested Zhang Hongru, and Tang Yufeng. Ou Mingjie, and Ms. Liu Zhirong (she is Ou Mingjie's mother), were also arrested. Their homes were ransacked as well.
3. [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] The No. 8 Team of the Women's Ward in Yangmahe Prison Brutally Tortures Falun Gong Practitioners
The No. 8 Team of the Women's Ward in Yangmahe Prison in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province, brutally tortures Falun Gong Practitioners.
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Yanfei was beaten so severely that she needs help going up and down stairs. Her teeth were knocked out, and the police ordered prisoners to put tissues in her mouth and tape it shut. She was also force-fed excrement and locked up in a small cell. She has been handcuffed to a bed, a window and a basketball stand. Sometimes she is in handcuffs all night.
The police have stripped Ms. Zhang Ziqin naked and handcuffed her to a basketball stand for a entire night.
The No. 8 Team: Chief Jian: 86-832-7723794 (phone)
4. [Chongqing City] Tan Zuqiong Arrested While Clarifying the Truth
On September 14, 2005, the Kai County Police Department of Chongqing City, along with the State Security Bureau, the 610 Office and the Zhongxin Township Neighborhood Committee broke into the homes of Falun Gong practitioners in Zhongxin Township, including those of Tan Zuqiong, Liu Deying, Li Qifeng and others. The police ransacked their homes and confiscated their Falun Gong books and materials. The police also took about 600 to 700 yuan in cash and a bank savings account of over 30,000 yuan from Liu Deying's home. They arrested Tan Zuqiong. Liu Deying and Li Fengqi were forced to become homeless and move from place to place to avoid recapture and further persecution.
The reason for the arrests was that Gao Liangbin of the Zhongxin Township Neighborhood Committee, and Yang Daojin, a driver, reported to the 610 Office and State Security Bureau that those Falun Gong practitioners had been clarifying the truth. The county police, officers from the State Security and the 610 Office went to Zhongxin Township. After three days of secret investigation, they arrested the practitioners.
Below are the phone numbers of the people responsible for the persecution:
Gao Liangbin, Zhongxin Township Neighborhood Committee: 86-23-52865688
Yang Daojin, driver of Kai County Police Department: 86-23-52222303 (Office)
5. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Yunzhen Sentenced to a 21-Month Prison Term
On August 22, 2005, the police arrested Ms. Sun Yunzhen, a Falun Gong practitioner. Since then she has been on hunger strike to protest the persecution. On September 12, Zhang Xumin sent Ms. Sun to the hospital for a check up. Her family members asked to see her once they heard about this. Their request was refused. Ms. Sun has been sentenced to a 21-month prison term for "security reasons." She is still on a hunger strike.
6. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Zhou Meilin, and Lv Pingyi Detained
Zhou Meilin and Lv Pingyi, Falun Gong practitioners in Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province, were detained at the Gutangyou Detention Center of Huizhou City, Guangdong Province. Their child studying in junior high school is left at home alone with no one to care for her. Their parents are elderly, and in poor health. Recently their relatives called the detention center, but the detention center refused their inquiries. Their current situations are unknown.
7. [Sichuan Province] Yangmahe Prison Refuses to Allow Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Xiong Yuhua's Family Members to Visit Her
The Chenghua District Court in Chengdu City sentenced Ms. Xiong Yuhua, a Falun Gong practitioner from Chengdu City, to three and a half years in prison. Recently she was transferred to the Yangmahe Prison in Jianyang City. Her family members went to visit her, but the prison guards refused to let them see her. The guards stated, "She is stubborn and does not "reform"." When her family members went to visit another time, the prison guards refused their visit again saying, "This is your workplace's matter, your local government's matter."
8. [Yakeshi City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Hou Yanqiu Arrested While Distributing Truth-Clarification Materials
On the afternoon of September 4, 2005, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Hou Yanqiu from Yakeshi City, Inner Mongolia was distributing truth-clarification material. The National Security Team, including Chief Yu Wenju, Instructor Chang Qing, and Deputy Chief Niu Liwei arrested her. She is being held in a detention center.
Policemen who participated in the persecution:
Yu Wenju, Chief of the National Security Team: 86-470-7366376 (Home), 86-13604747760 (Cell)
Chang Qing, Instructor of the National Security Team: 86-470-7366378 (Home), 86-13904704687 (Cell)
Niu Liwei, Deputy Chief of the National Security Team: 86-470-7424577 (Home), 86-13947022085 (Cell)
9. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yan Hongwei Transferred to the Luotaishanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Fushun City
Around September 21, 2005, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Yan Hongwei from Shenyang City was arrested by his workplace and was transferred to the Luotaishanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Fushun City.
10. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Zhao Chunrong Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
Around September 11, 2005, the Yudong Police Station and the Yuhua Public Security Sub-bureau arrested Mr. Zhao Chunrong, who is around 45 years old and a maintenance worker from the Repair Section Electrical Class at the Hebei Radio Station. They also ransacked his home. He is currently being held in a brainwashing center.