(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Yan from Dalian City, 37 years old, lived at No. 301, Gate No. 1, Building 8, North Jinyunyuan, Jinxiu District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. Her home phone number is 86-411-86824962, and her zip code is 116000. She used to be a teacher at the Dalian Petrochemical Corporation Kindergarten. She benefited physically and mentally from practicing Falun Gong and conducted herself according to Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. More than once she was awarded the titles "Model Young Worker" and "Advanced Worker." She was also recognized with professional awards in youth education.

Media poster of Sun Yan, after she was awarded Model Young Worker by Dalian Petrochemical Corporation

Close-up of Sun Yan

Since July 20, 1999, Sun Yan has been and still is being brutally persecuted by the authorities. Following is her story.

Before the persecution of Falun Dafa began, Ms. Sun Yan was an employee of the Dalian Petrochemical Corporation, the former No. 7 Petroleum Factory. After 1999, the Dalian Petrochemical Corporation closely adhered to Jiang's orders to persecute Dafa. Corporate leaders announced the persecution of the corporation's Dafa employees in the Dalian Daily.

In September 1999, Ms. Sun Yan was sent to a brainwashing class the company sponsored. She was held for about one month because she persisted in her belief. Between September and October 1999, the Dalian City 610 Office held a brainwashing class at the Dalian City Drug Rehabilitation Center. Li Tingxu, head of the Security Division of the Dalian Petrochemical Corporation, was the first official to send four practitioners to the Dalian City Drug Rehabilitation Center. The four practitioners were Sun Yan, Han Li, a nurse at the company hospital, Yuan Lianfeng, a company employee, and one other person.

Ms. Sun escaped from the Rehab Center later that same day.

In March 2000, Ms. Sun set off for Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally arrested by police at the Dalian Train Station. She was sent back to the Dalian City Drug Rehabilitation Center. Several days later, officials from the Dalian Petrochemical Corporation bailed her out. Controlled by Jiang's regime, the company could not accept Ms. Sun's belief in Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, even though the company had awarded her the title "Model Young Worker" and she had contributed positively to her work unit. The company unreasonably fired her in March 2000 due to pressure and financial incentives. Ms. Sun lost her source of income.

In April 2000, officers from the Malan Police Station in Dalian City arrested Sun Yan again and sent her to the Dalian City Drug Rehabilitation Center because her practitioner husband, Lu Kaili, went to Beijing to appeal. Ms. Sun held a hunger strike during the one-month detention and was then unconditionally released. Her husband Lu Kaili was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.

After Ms. Sun left the Rehab Center, officials from the Dalian City Police Department exhausted all their tactics trying to arrest her.

In April 2001, officer Chen Xin and Lin Song from Division One of the Dalian City Police Department, now the Security Division, set a trap by telling Ms. Sun to go to the Division to discuss the release of her husband, Lu Kaili. When she arrived, they detained her and sent her to the Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City. Ms. Sun held a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, and the guards ordered inmates to hit her with coke bottles filled with water. They handcuffed and shackled her and connected the handcuffs and shackles with a short chain. Then they affixed the chain to a metal ring on a bed. Ms. Sun was forced to stay in a curled fetal position all day long. By the end of May, after a one-month hunger strike, Sun Yan was on the brink of death. The police and guards told Ms. Sun's family to bail her out and wait for interrogation. Sun Yan's father took her home. He was devastated when he saw that his daughter was only skin and bones.

Authorities from the No. One Division of the Dalian City Police Department secretly sentenced Ms. Sun to three years of forced labor without her knowledge. Ms. Sun gradually recovered, and the police wanted to send her to a labor camp.

Between June and July 2001, officers from Division One went to the home of Sun Yan's mother many times in an attempt to take Ms. Sun away. They pounded on the door at night. At first Sun Yan's father opened the door. They demanded to know her whereabouts and then they beat her parents. In the ensuing raids, Sun Yan's father refused to open the door, and the police broke in. Ms. Sun chose to become homeless to avoid further persecution.

On October 11, 2001, Sun Yan's husband, Lu Kaili, returned home from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Eleven days later, on October 22, officer Xing from the Taoyuan Police Station and officers from the Zhongshan Police Department and the Dalian City Police Department arrested six people, including Mr. Lu Kaili and Ms. Sun Yan. They sent Ms. Sun to the Yaojia Detention Center and then transferred her to Dalian City Forced Labor Camp in November 2001.

Ms. Sun Yan persisted in following Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. She was savagely tortured during the time she was detained at Dalian Forced Labor Camp and the Longshan Forced Labor Camp.

(To be continued)