(Clearwisdom.net) Guiyang City, Guizhou Province practitioner Ms. Liu Baoying suffered tremendously both mentally and physically due to persecution inflicted by the neighborhood committee. Her suffering led to relapses of old illnesses, and she died unjustly on February 23, 2001.

Ms. Liu Baoying, 51, was the Reception Center's worker of Railroad Bureau No. 5 of Feijiba in Guiyang City. Before cultivating, Ms. Liu had uterine cancer which disappeared after she started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. She totally recovered from her illness and became an energetic and healthy person. From that time on, whenever Ms. Liu met others she told the person about the goodness of Falun Dafa.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese government started persecuting Falun Dafa. In 2000, when Ms. Liu Baoying was on her way to Beijing to clarify the facts about Falun Dafa, she was abducted by the police, taken back to Guiyang City, and illegally detained. After she was released, the neighborhood committee and her company both monitored her. The neighborhood committee secretary, Zuo Xiulan, frequently went to Ms. Liu's home to harass and swear at her, and instigated Ms. Liu's husband to monitor her movements. They garnished her retirement wages and gave her only a few yuan with which to buy groceries. They also told her family that if they learned that Ms. Liu appealed to higher authorities for Falun Gong, Ms. Liu's husband would be held accountable. Her family members feared being implicated, so they had to do as the authorities ordered.

The neighborhood committee also mentally isolated Ms. Liu Baoying. They didn't allow other people to talk with her, and threatened them if they tried. They slandered Ms. Liu, telling others that she was a bad person. If the neighborhood committee found that Ms. Liu had contact with fellow practitioners, they would accuse them of "colluding" together, and would then make up a blacklist and report the practitioners to higher authorities.

Under all sorts of brutal persecution, Ms. Liu Baoying suffered seriously both mentally and physically. She couldn't practice Falun Gong exercises or study the Fa due to harassment. She gradually became very skinny, and finally her old illness relapsed. Ms. Liu died on February 23, 2001.