(Clearwisdom.net) On November 17, 2004, Ms. Li Ling, former Chief of the Labor Bureau of the Guta District in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, died as a result of the persecution at Shenyang City's Dabei Prison.

In October 1999, Ms. Li Ling went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested and sentenced to two years of imprisonment. In May 2002, Ms. Li Ling was captured because she delivered Dafa material to the city's Political and Judiciary Committee. During her detention, she was sent to a brainwashing class and succumbed as a result of the unimaginable cruelty. In March 2004, Ms. Li Ling regained her righteous thoughts. She started calling out loudly, exposing the truth of the situation, and went on a hunger strike. She was sent to a hospital to be force-fed. She was released from the hospital a month later, confined to a prison cell, and placed under close monitoring 24 hours a day. During this time, she experienced severe torture. Prisoner Zhang Shune from the Xinbin District in Fushun City, who was serving a five-year sentence for kidnapping and robbery, beat her and slapped her face. The more Ms. Li refused to cooperate, the more torture she experienced. Ms. Li requested work outside her prison cell several times, but this request was rejected.

At 3:00 a.m. on November 17, 2004, Ms. Li Ling called out loudly talking about the situation of Falun Gong. The criminal prisoners tied her arms behind her back and covered her mouth. Ms. Li Ling died at about 4:00 a.m. When this happened, prisoners Zhang Shune, Zhou Qirong and Wang Jinrong were at the scene. Zhou Qirong from the Tiexi District in Anshan City had been sentenced to eight years for a ransom kidnapping, but her sentence was reduced so that she could go home in January 2005. Wang Jinrong from the Third Squad was responsible for prison housekeeping and was at Beijing after being sentenced to five years.

Three practitioners, including Ms. Li Ling, have died in the Third Prison Area as a result of persecution. The first to die was Ms. Zhang Juxian from the First Squad. Before she died, she had been on a hunger strike for more than a year. The name of the second person is not yet known. Regarding the death of Li Ling, the Third Prison Area tried to alter the truth by stating that Li Ling was sent to an outside hospital for emergency treatment. A few days after her death, they pretended that Ms. Li Ling was still alive at the hospital. The truth is that, according to information from inside sources, Ms. Li Ling died at 4 a.m. on November 17. She was sent to the hospital after 5 a.m., carried by prisoner Sun Yongmei. Someone saw that her head was dangling to the side. Ms. Li Ling was normal a couple of days before, and she could not have died from a disease nor could she have committed suicide.

The prison officials were afraid after Li Ling's death and had a team of guards closely monitor other practitioners in the prison.

Responsible persons:

- Third Squad Leader Xu Man, a very devious person

- Member Guo Naijuan, a most evil person who oversaw the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners