(Clearwisdom.net) Jiang's faction has always adopted deplorable methods of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. The reasons given to sanction the persecution of Falun Gong were lies and could not stand the light of day. What Jiang's faction fears the most is that practitioners are able to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to people. It fears that people will recognize its depraved nature. It fears that it would no longer be able to deceive people. Therefore, Jiang's faction employed the whole state machinery in a systematic persecution of practitioners who bravely went to Tiananmen Square to express "Falun Dafa is great."

To maintain the persecution and to prevent practitioners from going to Tiananmen Square to appeal, Jiang's faction forced the party organizations at various levels to place practitioners under surveillance, restricting their freedom by arranging so-called discussion groups, secretly abducting them, and intimidating the practitioners. The 610 Offices at various levels consist of personnel from party agencies, public security, and national security agencies, and they constitute the backbone of the persecution. In our area , many people have entered the 610 Office after relentlessly persecuting Falun Gong.

Practitioners had to break away from the watchful eyes of their workplaces and the questioning at the street intersections before they could reach Tiananmen Square. Tiananmen Square is full of armed police, public security officers, spies, plainclothes police, and thugs hired by Jiang's faction. In the center of the square, three or four police cars drove back and forth, performing overall surveillance. Whenever practitioners would fling open banners that read "Falun Dafa Is Great," perform Falun Gong exercises, shouted "Falun Dafa is great," or gave a truth-clarifying flyer to passers-by, the police would run over to the practitioners, hitting them on the head, kicking them in the stomach, stealing the money from their pockets, groping young female practitioners, and violently throwing or dragging practitioners into police cars. I was thrown into a police car when I was on Tiananmen Square. When practitioners were put into police cars, they opened the windows and shouted "Falun Dafa is great." The police would then try to close the window tightly. They also beat the practitioners with rubber batons. I was beaten with a rubber baton and slapped several times by the police.

After the practitioners in Tiananmen Square were arrested, they were first sent to the police station on the southeast corner of the square. The police station has a basement. The practitioners whom the police deemed as important targets were shocked with electric batons and locked into metal cages in the basement. Most practitioners were detained in the backyard. Later, the practitioners were sent to Beijing Changping Detention Center by public transportation.

After the practitioners were sent to the detention center, they were detained in individual surveillance rooms. The rooms were equipped with TV cameras and a central surveillance system, but no beds or blankets. There was only a wooden plank that was slightly higher than the floor. During the day, the practitioners had to sit on the wooden plank and at night they had to sleep on the plank. They were not allowed to move around.

The arrested practitioners were sent to various detention centers and police stations throughout Beijing. Police conducted interrogation of the practitioners in the detention center. They mainly wanted to know where the practitioners came from. If the practitioners refused to answer, the Beijing police would beat and torture the practitioners. Because so many practitioners came to Beijing and because Beijing did not have adequate manpower to persecute the practitioners, Beijing police tried everything possible to find out where the practitioners came from. Later, when fewer practitioners went to Beijing, the police would persecute the practitioners in Beijing. If the practitioners refused to give their names, the police would instruct inmates to beat the practitioners. Sometimes, the police also joined in the beatings. I was subjected to further torture for refusing to sign the arrest warrant.

If the practitioners reported their addresses in the detention center, they would be first taken to the liaison office of the province, where they would be tortured. Then they would be brought to the liaison office in the city and tortured again. Finally, staff from their workplaces or home district police stations would take them back to their hometown.

The practitioners who were returned to their workplaces escaped death at the hands of the police. However, more torture awaited them. After they returned to their workplaces, the leaders would question them as to their opinion of going to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa. If they did not admit to any wrongdoing, they would then be sent to a detention center. I was such a target of persecution and sent to a labor camp.