Jiang Zemin and His Associates Deny Falun Gong Practitioners Their Basic Human Rights
(Clearwisdom.net) The Chinese Constitution guarantees citizens of the People's Republic of China (PRC) many fundamental rights. However, the persecution of Falun Gong denies practitioners of all their basic human rights (as listed below).
1. Right of Equality: Article 33 of the Constitution -- "All citizens of the People's Republic of China are equal before the law. The state respects and safeguards human rights."
2. Freedom of Speech: Article 35 -- "Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, assembly, formation of an association, procession, and demonstration."
3. Freedom of Belief: Article 36 -- "Citizens of the People's Republic of China have freedom of religious belief."
4. Freedom of Person: Article 37 -- "The (PRC) citizen's right to freedom of person must not be violated. Illegal detention, deprivation, or use of other means to restrict citizens' freedom of the person is forbidden. Unlawful body search is also prohibited."
5. Right of Human Dignity: Article 38 -- "The citizens' personal dignity cannot be violated. Any means to humiliate, slander, make false accusation or frame up a charge against citizens of the People's Republic of China is forbidden."
6. Right of Residency: Article 39 -- "The residences of the (PRC) citizen cannot be violated. Illegal search of or unlawful intrusion into a citizen's residence is forbidden."
7. Freedom of Communication: Article 40 -- "Freedom and privacy of communication of citizens of the PRC is protected by law."
8. Right to Appeal, to Complain, and to Report: Article 41 -- "For violation of the law or neglect of duty by any government or official, citizens of the PRC have the right to appeal, complain, and report it to the related governmental office. The related office must clearly investigate the facts and be responsible in dealing with the appeal, complaint, and report. No one may suppress or retaliate against the individual making the appeal, complaint, or report.
9. Labor Right: Article 42 -- "Citizens of the PRC has the right and obligation of labor."
10. Right to an Education: Article 46 -- Citizens of the PRC has the right and obligation to receive education."