Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Xingyu used to be an employee of Si County Economic and Trade Committee, Anhui Province. On January 4, 2001, he began facing torture by the "610 Office," and was released to his family only when at death's door. After he returned home, the harassment continued until his death on March 27, 2002.

Mr. Chen Xingyu was 53 years old, born in February of 1952. After he began practicing Falun Dafa in May 1996, all his miserable sicknesses disappeared, and he became full of energy. Many people in Si County witnessed the great changes in him once he started cultivating Falun Dafa.

Mr. Chen was the chief volunteer assistant in Si County, and his home was ransacked many times after July 20, 1999. He was detained and arrested countless times. He was detained for over three months in July 2000, and released only after his sister paid 2,500 yuan.

On New Year's Day of 2001, Mr. Chen went to Beijing to say a good word for Dafa, and clarify the truth. He was arrested by police in Beijing, and brought back by Si County "610 Office" worker Mao Xuebing (male) on January 4, 2001. A group of police officers beat him brutally. Mao pulled his hair and pushed his head hard against the wall, pulling his hair out in bloody chunks. The inner sides of his thighs all the way down to his toes were covered with shock marks from an electric baton.

Because Mr. Chen kept cultivating Falun Dafa, he was hand cuffed and forced to wear ankle shackles. The police did not provide him with any covers in the winter, and he was forced to sleep on the cold cement floor. Both hands and feet were tied backwards behind his back, and cuffed to a metal post in the cement floor. He could only touch the floor with one shoulder and one knee. Even the prisoners could not bear to watch such suffering, and they helped him change positions. Once Chen was found doing the sitting meditation, and police tied him up next to the urine bucket.

Chen Xingyu refused to write the Guarantee Statements, so the lawless officials increased his torture. In order to protest the persecution, Chen went on hunger strike. Police brutally force-fed him, and injected him with unknown drugs.

The preserved vegetables served in the jail were swimming with maggots. The hungry prisoners resorted to soaking toilet paper in the hot cereals to help fill the belly. After being tortured in jail for several months, Mr. Chen's weight dropped from 154 lb. to 88 lb. He could not stand up by himself, and his digestive system was a wreck. The prison sent him to the hospital, still wearing the ankle shackles, when he was dying.

On November 24, 2001, Chen Xingyu's wife heard that her husband was in the hospital, and went to visit him immediately. Police would not allow her to see her husband. His family later took Mr. Chen home, but the lawless officials continued to harass him at home. He died on March 27, 2002 at 6 p.m.