(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Fuqing, a Falun Gong practitioner from Fengcheng District, Liaoning Province, is being tortured in Shenyang Female Prison. The police sealed her mouth with tape and handcuffed her. With her legs injured due to torture, Ms. Zhang is almost unable to walk. The torture has lasted for two weeks.

Zhang Fuqing was arrested in 2002. She refused to give up the practice of Falun Gong when she was detained in Fengcheng Detention Center. Her husband, deceived by lies, also forced her to take the brainwashing class, claiming he would file for a divorce if she refused to do so. In addition, he beat her during a visit. However, Ms. Zhang firmly adhered to practicing "Truth, Compassion and Tolerance." Later she was transferred to Fengcheng City Prison. Since her illegal sentencing, Ms. Zhang has been incarcerated in Shenyang Female Prison.

In Shenyang Female Prison, Zhang Fuqing was locked in an old cell and the police forced her to squat without moving until 2 or 3 a.m., then made her stand with her legs bent. Because she refused to wear a prisoner's uniform, the police ruthlessly struck her face and almost beat her to death. One of the perpetrators, Xiao Tao, kicked her so hard that he broke the sole of his shoe. Two of the other abusers were Wang Zhiqin, an executive staff member, and a staff member named Zhang. The squad leader was Chen Jie, one of the most vicious guards there.

Ms. Zhang Guixian, a nurse in the Dashiqiao District, Yingkou City, Liaoning Province, was abused because she refused to cave in to the brainwashing. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The authorities have force-fed her in a hospital for one month. Ms. Zhang is pitifully thin. Those who have seen Ms. Zhang said that her arms are thinner than a year-old baby's leg and look like a withered tree.

Ms. Zhang Guixian had been confined in a forced labor camp before she was sentenced to four years in prison. Since she was first jailed in April 2003, she has gone on hunger strikes many times to protest the persecution, of which the longest lasted six months. She has suffered all kinds of tortures. The leader of Squad 3-1, Zhao Xiumin, one of the most vicious perpetrators, encouraged Wang Min, executive staff member Yu Zhihua, and Wang Zhiqin, a staff member from Squad 3-2, along with three more abusers to beat her.

Ms. Wang Lan, a teacher at the Forty-Sixth Middle School in Tiexi District, Anshan City, Liaoning Province, was sentenced to twelve years in prison because she clarified the truth about Falun Gong through Cable TV. At one point Ms. Wang was deceived by the brainwashing, but later realized the deception, so authorities started to torture her again. The police let her sleep only two hours every day. The abusers from the "operation team" beat her, poured dirty water on her, and did not allow her to sit and rest after forced hard labor. The torment has lasted for two weeks. The former leader of Squad 3-4 was Wang Hongyun, the current leader is Zhang Lulu.

Ms. Li Ling was the chief of the Labor Department in Guta District, Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. Now she is confined at the end of the third floor of Cell Building One, under twenty-four hour close watch. Ms. Li had been sentenced to two and a half years and was locked in a small cell during the final two months of her term. After being released from jail, she continued speaking out the truth about Falun Gong, so the police arrested her and illegally sentenced her to another four years in prison. Li Ling was temporarily deceived but later awoke to the brainwashing. Because she spoke the truth of Falun Dafa and went on hunger strikes to protest the persecution, the common criminal inmates struck her in the mouth and scratched her face. However, they claimed she did it to herself. The leader of squad 3-3 is Xu Man.

The perpetrators:

Chief of the Discipline Section of Prison Zone 3: Guo Nanjuan

Chief of the Discipline Section of Prison Zone 4: Xu Zhonghua

August 24, 2004