Stories of People Who Learned the Truth of Falun Dafa through Practitioners' Efforts
During the past a few years, I got to know many ordinary people who learned the truth about Falun Dafa through practitioners' truth-clarification efforts. Some of them started to practice Falun Dafa. Others have been very supportive of practitioners and even helped them with their truth-clarification. Here I'd like to share some stories of how a few people helped Falun Dafa practitioners. I am using assumed names for those people to protect them from persecution.
1. Quite a few of Da Zhi's relatives are Falun Dafa practitioners. Da Zhi read Zhuan Falun, the main text of Falun Gong, before the persecution started on July 20, 1999. He helped the local practice site to print truth-clarification materials and Teacher's articles many times. Since the persecution started, several of his family members were illegally detained, sent to brainwashing classes, or closely monitored. Police searched their homes, confiscated their personal property, imposed fines, and withheld their salaries. Facing the persecution, Da Zhi still determinedly supports Falun Dafa and lends support to practitioners. During a period when the practitioners responsible for distributing truth-clarification materials were sent to forced labor camps or closely monitored, Da Zhi stepped forward when it was very difficult to get Falun Dafa materials. With the support of his family, who are practitioners, Da Zhi took on the responsibility of downloading Teacher's articles and materials from the Clearwisdom website. He made a huge contribution to the local area.
2. Da Hua's wife is a practitioner. Since she started to practice Falun Dafa, her health and her attitude towards life and others improved greatly. She was healed of her illnesses. She truly cared for her mother-in-law and her brothers and sisters. She took good care of chores. Da Hua saw her go through these changes, so he supports his wife practicing Falun Dafa. In the spring of 2002, the local "610 Office" tried to send her to a brainwashing class. She firmly refused to go. Da Hua drove her to another city to avoid further persecution. The local "610 Office" forced Da Hua's employer to suspend him. Later his wife came back and continued to do Fa-rectification work. When she needed to get materials clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa from other areas, Da Hua would drive her there. Da Hua would tell his coworkers and friends about how Falun Dafa teaches people to be good and improves people's health, often using his wife as an example.
3. Xiao Zhou owned a bookstore. Before the persecution, his store sold thousands of Falun Dafa books and therefore helped in promoting the Fa in his local area. Since the persecution started, he transferred the two hundred copies of the Falun Dafa books that he had left to a safe place. Police searched his store several times and wasn't able to find any of the books. Later Xiao Zhou told his practitioner friends that he still had some Falun Dafa books. One of them asked him to send the books to other practitioners. In the spring of 2004, he delivered all those books to practitioners in his local area and in other places. His action was sincerely appreciated since it was very difficult to get Falun Dafa books. Xiao Zhou has several friends who are practitioners. In the past few years, his business has grown rapidly. Now he owns several bookstores.
4. Xiao Nan owns a copy shop. He has a few friends that practice Falun Dafa. Xiao Nan got to know the truth from those practitioners. He felt the persecution was very brutal and admired the practitioners. When these practitioners asked him to help with the printing of truth-clarification materials, he agreed even though he knew how brutal the "610 Office" is in dealing with people distributing these materials. The past few years, when night fell, Xiao Nan would start printing truth-clarification materials. He has been providing the local practitioners with great help.
5. Lingling and Dongdong are both high school students. Their mother is a practitioner. Both their sister and brother support their mother in the practice and clarifying the truth. When it is time to send forth righteous thoughts, they reminded their mother of it. During the holidays or their breaks, they would prepare meals so their mother can study the Fa. Their mother often went out to distribute truth-clarification materials with fellow practitioners. They would remind their mother to be careful. One night, their mother planned to ride a bike to go to a place a few miles away to post some Falun Dafa fliers. Dongdong insisted in going with her. His mother said, "But don't you have homework to do?"
Dongdong said, "I'll finish my homework after we come back."
They went out together, posted many fliers and returned safely.