(Clearwisdom.net) Twelve-year old Lu Xin (nicknamed Beibei) began practicing Falun Dafa alongside her parents in 1997. On July 14, 2004, her father Lu Pingyi was illegally detained in a brainwashing center located in the Minfu Hotel in Zhuhai City. She and her mother remained at home under surveillance. With strong righteous thoughts, the mother and daughter escaped their house arrest unnoticed and have been living a life of homelessness ever since.

When the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, Beibei and her parents traveled to Beijing to appeal to the government on behalf of Falun Gong. Their intention was discovered while they were on the train, and they were illegally detained. The day after they were released, her parents were unlawfully locked up in a brainwashing center. Beibei, who was in kindergarten then, was separated from her parents and placed under the care and supervision of her mother's supervisor at work and personnel appointed from the "610 Office." She lived the life of an unwanted child in an alarming and unstable environment. Her father Lu Pingyi used to work in Macau for a Chinese company. When the persecution of Falun Gong first began, the company confiscated his government work permit and prohibited him from working. In the latter half of 1999, his company, under tremendous pressure from the city committee and the continuous political and economic harassment from the "610 Office," detained Lu Pingyi at a hotel for over a month and tried to force him to resign from his position. Beibei's mother was also deprived of the right to work simply because she would not agree to abandon her belief in Falun Dafa.

Beibei's parents were later arrested and sent to the brainwashing center a few more times. Their home was also illegally searched several times. In June 2000, her mother was detained for 48 hours by the Public Security Office for visiting a fellow practitioner's home. She was interrogated nonstop and deprived of sleep. Beibei's father was detained for 10 days for "disruptive behavior," because he wouldn't answer the door when the local police were trying to gain access to illegally search the house. Her mother asked the police to place Beibei under the care of a friend while she and her husband were both in jail. The police refused her request because the friend is also a Falun Gong practitioner, so the girl was placed under the supervision of the "Residents' Committee."

Since there were always special agents following them everywhere they went, and in order to provide a more stable and safe environment for Beibei, in November 2000, her parents placed her under the care of her maternal grandmother. The parents were unlawfully arrested in December 2000 while explaining the facts about Falun Dafa. The public security office in Guangzhou City ransacked their home and confiscated several computers, cell phones, over 3,000 yuan (1) in cash, furniture, electronic equipment, clothing and other personal belongings with a total value of over 20,000 yuan, all without following legal procedures or providing a warrant. Beibei's mother Zhou Meilin was illegally confined in a labor camp for two years and the father Lu Pingyi for three years. They both endured cruel torture during their imprisonment. In July 2002, Beibei was reunited with her father and in January 2003 with her whole family. Her mother's feet had not yet recovered from injuries caused by the cruelties imposed on her in detention. She walked in slowly and painfully to see Beibei, and her feet would continue to be swollen and cause pain whenever she walked long distances. Her mother's plight pained Beibei so much that she was in tears and was deeply and fearfully affected.

Early in 2003, Beibei's father got several job offers which would have required him to travel to foreign countries. However, the office issuing travel permits in Zhuhei City rejected his passport application. The deputy administrator of the national security office cited his practice of Falun Gong as the reason.

On July 14, 2004, as he left his house, Lu Pingyi was illegally arrested and taken to the brainwashing center by a group of seven or eight people, including Zhuhai City Shishan Neighborhood Director Chen Fu, a member of the Residents' Committee of Nanxiang, and policemen from the Dongfeng Police Station. Subsequently, Beibei and her mother were placed under surveillance at their home pending an investigation by the public security office. Extremely frightened, Beibei could not sleep for two nights. On July 17, with strong righteous thoughts, Beibei and her mother left the house while still under house arrest. The "610 Office" had sent word that they were going to lock up the mother in a brainwashing center, and so she was forced to leave home and live a homeless life with Beibei.

For five years now, Beibei's young life has been filled with terror, violence, and the pain of being constantly torn apart from her family members. Even now, she is still living a life full of anxiety about her own and her mother's safety, and her eyes are filled with sadness and fear. One hardly ever sees a smile on her face.

(1) Yuan is the unit of Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.