(Clearwisdom.net) Jinan Women's Prison guards in Shandong Province use a multitude of methods to brutally torture Falun Gong practitioners. On the surface, the prison's propaganda projects itself as a civilized place, but underneath the façade are crimes against humanity. The prison does not allow any records of their crimes to be kept so that the world would not be able to know.

In 2000, Jiang Zemin's secretary visited the prison. This was the time when the persecution was most severe. If a practitioner did not write the "four statements" to renounce her belief, that practitioner would be forced into a brainwashing program. The brainwashing program directors Li Shuqin, Wang Haixia, and Xiu and two other guards were the main ones involved in the persecution.

Some Falun Gong practitioners refused to write the "four statements" to renounce their beliefs. As a result, they were tortured by the collaborators (1). The collaborators pinched the practitioners, leaving yellow and purple bruises on their bodies. The practitioners were forbidden to tell others what happened to them. Because they persisted in practicing Falun Gong, many practitioners were tortured by being forced to squat down in a painful position for hours. A Falun Gong practitioner in the sixth ward was sent home after she was tortured nearly to death. Another Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Lu Xiufang (from Huashan Township in Jimo, Qingdao City) in the fourth ward, was severely tortured and sent home; she died less than one hour after being sent home.

Ms. Hui Xuemei had a serious heart problem and underwent major surgery for her heart. With her condition, she should not have been accepted into a prison. Yet, she was detained in the third ward. She had a heart attack in jail. We do not know whether she is still alive or not.

Ms. Shao Ziying was abducted and sent to the prison on August 10, 2001. She was sent to a brainwashing program three times, where she was physically and mentally abused. She went on hunger strikes twice after she was pressured to write the "four statements" to renounce Falun Dafa and locked in the special confinement room for 14 days.

For those who refused to write the "four statements," the lawless guards and policemen would do the following: force practitioners to squat down in a painful position, beat, kick and pinch practitioners, verbally abuse them, deprive practitioners of sleep, lock them in small cells, and restrict their meals by giving them only one small steamed corn bun per meal. If they continued to refuse to sign, electric shock batons and the electric chair would be used. Some Falun Gong practitioners vomited blood from squatting down in a position for too long. However, they were still forced to stay in the squatting position by having two guards or collaborators support them on each side. Because Shao Ziying did not give up Falun Gong, her older sister, in her 70's and from Yunnan Province (over 3000 miles away), was not allowed to see her when she came to visit. She left in tears. Recently, Shao Ziying was locked in the special confinement room.

Ms. Zhou Youngmei went on a hunger strike for six days, and she was force-fed with a tube for four days. She was forced to wear handcuffs and shackles and her activities were monitored. She was constantly followed and watched closely.

Ms. Xu Mei refused to renounce Falun Dafa and was locked in the special confinement room for 15 days with only one small steamed corn bun for food. She was slapped in the face four times by the guard leader Li Shuqin.

Ms. Wang Cuiping had a mental breakdown after being persecuted in a brainwashing program. She would not wear any clothes. We do not know her current situation.

Ms. Su Cuihua, was illegally locked in a small cell and tortured by an electric torture instrument.

Ms. Guo Zhongmei experienced electric shock torture twice.

Ms. He Xiuhuan refused to write the "four statements," and was tortured simultaneously with several electric batons by the guards.

Ms. Teng Derong was not allowed to see her family and relatives and was sent to the special confinement room.

Ms. Liang Mingfeng, because she refused to give up Falun Dafa, was not allowed to see her son, who had come all the way from Guangzhou City.

Ms. Wang Guixiang experienced severe torture, such as being shocked with an electric baton, and was not allowed to use toilet paper when she used the bathroom.


(1) Collaborators: Former Falun Gong practitioners who renounced the practice under brainwashing and torture. They are oftentimes forced to participate in brainwashing and torturing the practitioners who have not given in.