(Clearwisdom.net) Li Xinhua, born on May 29 in 1984, was a junior student at the Dianhai High School in Dianbai County, Guangdong Province. Because he refused to join a parade organized by the school to slander Falun Gong, Li Xinhua was expelled from school in April of 2001. He then went to study computer science at another school in Maoming City, Guangdong Province. During his winter vacation, he and his father Li Kun, and Dafa practitioners Wu Jincheng and Liu Jianzong worked together to make and distribute Falun Gong flyers telling the facts about the persecution. Police abducted them on January 2, 2002.

On April 25 of 2002, the Maonan District Prosecutor's Office indicted Li Xinhua, Li Kun, Wu Jincheng, and Liu Jianzong and sent them to the Maonan District Courthouse.

Mr. Li Xinhua was sentenced to prison for 5 years even though he wasn't old enough to be sent to jail; Li Kun was illegally sentenced to14 years; Wu Jincheng was sentenced to 14 years; Liu Jianzong was sentenced to 12 years. They are now detained in Yangjiang Prison, where they are being persecuted.

Since the Jiang regime began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Mr. Li Kun's family has been harassed and his house monitored. The policemen illegally searched his house and confiscated his property 4 times between November 11, 1999 and July 17, 2000. On February 24 of 2000, Li Kun was abducted from his home to the Poxin Rehabilitation Center by the Poxin Police Station and government personnel. He was forced to go through brainwashing sessions for 33 consecutive days. Li Kun was then illegally detained at the Second Detention Center of Dianbai for half a month. He was later transferred to the First Detention Center of Dianbai to be detained for one and a half months. During the second half of September 2000, Li Kun was forced to sign-in and report to the police station every day. In order to resist the persecution, he was forced to leave home in October. On the night of December 26, 2001, the Maonan District Police Department and Poxin Police Station searched Li Kun's house again and confiscated his property. On January 2 of 2002, Li Kun and Li Xinhua were abducted by the police of the Maonan District, and were illegally interrogated. The Chief of Police, Peng Jian, commanded his men to torture and attempt to extract a confession from Li Kun. They beat Li Kun to the ground and didn't stop beating him until he passed out. After ten days, they notified Li Kun's family to send him some clothes.

Li Kun's relatives demanded the right to visit with him and Li Xinhua. The police threatened the relatives and said that they could visit only if they assisted in brainwashing them. Recently, Li Kun's wife and his older sister were refused when they went to the prison to see Li Kun and Li Xinhua. After the family demanded the right many times, eventually they got permission to visit Li Xinhua.