(Clearwidom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Jiang Yong, age 46, lived in the Xingfu Township located in Changchun City. To avoid persecution from local police, he was forced to leave home and live in different places. On April 13, 2004, policemen from the Changchun City Police Department's National Security Team followed him, illegally arrested him and then detained him without notifying his family. The policemen from the National Security Team beat Jiang and forced him to make a confession through torture, even though he had not done anything wrong or illegal. They brutally persecuted him: Jiang was beaten and seriously wounded. After that, the police sent him to the Changchun Police Hospital, only to continue persecuting him. On April 21, although his serious injuries had not healed, the city National Security Team transferred him to the Changchun City Tiebei Detention Center and illegally imprisoned him there.

When his family learned about the transfer, they went to the detention center many times and requested to see him. However, every time they arrived for a visit, they were turned down by the authorities. On July 4, someone from the Tiebei Detention Center informed Jiang Yong's family of his death. In addition, the authorities also lied to the family by saying, "He died from a sudden disease and emergency treatment failed." Within two months of being sent to Tiebei Detention Center, Jiang was tortured to death. When they learned this news, his wife and family cried profusely in extreme grief. This is another sad example of a family broken apart by Jiang's persecution of Falun Gong.

When mentioning Jiang Yong, all those who knew him said he was a very good person. Before Jiang started practicing Falun Gong, he had his own business. He was very controlled by the attachments of fame and self-interest. He was an ill-tempered person as well. Once he started practicing Falun Gong, he held himself to the standards of "Truth, Compassion and Forbearance." He became honest, kind and stopped getting into conflicts with others.

However, beginning on July 20, 1999, when Jiang Zemin's regime started rampantly persecuting Falun Gong, Jiang Yong's family suffered numerous tribulations and lost its usual peace and quiet. To speak out about the truth and to uphold justice, on July 18, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal to the government. At Tiananmen Square, the police illegally detained him. After that, he was sent back to Changchun City. Later, he was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor at the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. There, Mr. Yong, along with other Falun Dafa practitioners such as Liu Chenjun (from Nongan City, who died as a result of persecution), Liang Zhenxing (from Changchun City, who received a long sentence and is now jailed at the No. 2 Prison of Jilin Province), suffered tortures because they remained steadfast in their beliefs.

Practitioners in detention were forced to sit on wooden planks holding their knees for a long time. They were beaten, kicked and shocked with electric batons. They were forced to go to brainwashing sessions and were tortured with other cruel methods. Around August 2001, after slightly more than one year of imprisonment, Jiang Yong was unconditionally released. During the time when he was detained at the forced labor camp, his wife, who doesn't practice Falun Dafa was illegally arrested and sent to a forced labor camp for supporting Falun Dafa by helping to print out truth-clarification materials. Their only child had to stay home alone without anyone to rely on.

After Jiang Yong returned from the forced labor camp, local police officers often went to his home to harass him. To avoid having his family be subjected to more persecution, he had to leave home. On October 26, 2002, policemen from Luyuan Police Station of Changchun City arrested him at his temporary residence in Dehui City. At the Luyuan Police Station, policemen interrogated him and tried to make him renounce Falun Dafa by hanging him up. He was also handcuffed behind his back, hung up and pushed so he would swing by his hands. As a result, after only a few minutes, he was in so much pain that he could hardly bear it and was sweating profusely.

After that, he and other Dehui City practitioners, Mr. Sun Qian, Mr. Zhang Wenfeng and others were illegally sent to the Changchun City's Tiebei Detention Center where Jiang Yong went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. Policemen from the detention center had criminals carry out brutal force-feeding. The criminals punched his abdomen very hard. In addition, a large quantity of salt was added to the food that was pushed down the feeding tube. Because of the various persecution methods used against him, his health deteriorated. He vomited a large quantity of blood. Seeing this, the detention center staff feared taking responsibility in the event of his death, so they sent him to a hospital. From the medical staff, the persecutors found out he was in critical condition, so they had to inform his family, through their local police station, to take him home so he could receive medical treatment.

After he stayed at home for a while recuperating, Jiang Yong left home again. One evening in early December 2003, officer Fan Yongshun from Xingfu Township Police Station in Nanguan District led several policemen and broke into Jiang's home; they ransacked his house without going through any legal procedures. Since he was not home, he did not have to endure this tribulation.

Within several months, Falun Dafa practitioner Jiang Yong was persecuted to death after being arrested. Members of the Changchun City Police Department's National Security Team and the Tiebei Detention Center who participated in the persecution are responsible for the murder of Jiang Yong. (Details continue to be investigated.)