(Clearwisdom.net) On July 20, 1999, the day the persecution of Falun Gong officially began, I was vacationing out of town with my husband. That night when I saw the propaganda on TV attacking Dafa, I was totally confused. My husband, who does not practice, started to complain about me practicing. Even though I told my husband firmly that what's on TV is all lies, I still had doubts deep in my heart. So I opened Essentials for Further Advancement, hoping to receive some hints from Teacher. When I read the article "Huge Exposure," I suddenly understood something. Teacher told us,

"Dafa is of the universe and penetrates all the way down to human society. When a Fa of this magnitude is taught, how could anything be outside the arrangement? Isn't what has happened a test for Dafa disciples' xinxing?"

The next day my husband and I went to visit a friend of ours. This friend is a journalist. We've known each other for nearly 8 years. After dinner, we sat together and chatted. Our conversation naturally focused on the continuous attack on Falun Gong. My friend felt disgusted by the propaganda, thinking it's another "Cultural Revolution." However, he wasn't clear about what Falun Gong is really about.

I then told him that I am a Falun Gong practitioner. He was a bit stunned and asked me what Falun Gong is all about. I explained how I began cultivation and what benefits I've gained from the practice. I also shared my thoughts about the persecution and advised him not to listen to the media propaganda. While I was talking, I saw clearly that the walls of my friend's living room were covered in gentle yellow light. Even his head was covered in yellow light rings. I myself on the other hand felt very hot. I knew Teacher was encouraging me and I was very grateful. To my surprise, I talked for a long time that day and was able to express myself very clearly. In the end, my friend told me that he knew the tricks the government used to persecute people and he did not believe those lies at all. He said he'd like to read some Falun Gong books, and I then left my copy of Zhuan Falun for him.

After I came back from vacation, I didn't contact him for a long time due to some personal reasons. He was very upset, thinking I might have gotten into some trouble. So he asked his friends to try to locate me. I told him that I was fine.

One day two years later he suddenly suffered a stroke. To his surprise, he was discharged from the hospital only two months later. Three months after he returned home, he was completely fine. He called me telling me he felt he was very lucky because his friends who suffered the same symptoms had already died. I knew he was very lucky because he once planted the seed of kindness in his heart and now he received blessings.

As for myself, I gradually walked into the path of Fa-rectification with encouragements from Teacher.