(Clearwisdom.net) Under Jiang Zemin's orders to, "physically destroy" Falun Gong, Falun Gong practitioners have suffered many kinds of torture. All the tortures were used to augment the spiritual persecution in order to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their practice and write the "three statements" (Guarantee Statement, breaking away statement, criticizing statement), and give up their beliefs.

This collection contains:

1. Torture Methods Number 31 - Locked to a Ground Ring

2. Torture Methods Number 32 - Intentional Suffocation

3. Illustrations of Torture Methods Used in Chinese Detention Centers and Forced Labor Camps, Part 1

4. Illustrations of Torture Methods Used in Chinese Detention Centers and Forced Labor Camps, Part 2

5. Drawings: An Artist's Memories of Her Life in Jail and Being Force-Fed

6. Drawing of Torture Technique: Chongqing City Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp Forcibly Feeds and Injects Dafa Practitioners with Drugs

7. Chongqing City Maojiashan Female Forced Labor Camp Hangs Up Dafa Practitioners by their Handcuffs for Extended Periods (Illustration)

8. Illustrations of Torture Devices and Methods Used on Practitioners Detained in the Jinzhou District Detention Center, Dalian City, Liaoning Province

9. "Hanging a Barrel" -- A Torture Method Used by the Dalian Police to Persecute Dafa Practitioners (Illustration)

10. Illustrations of Torture Methods at the Wangcun Men's Labor Camp in Shandong Province

11. Drawings: Three Typical Methods Used to Torture Falun Gong Practitioners

12. Women Practitioners in Beijing's Xin'an Forced Labor Camp Are Shocked and Stabbed with Electric Needles in Specially Designed Torture Chamber

13. Iron Chair Device Used by Jiang Zemin's Regime to Torture Practitioners

1. Illustrations of Torture Methods Used to Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners (Number 31) - Locked to a Ground Ring (Photo)



In this torture, the victim's hands are handcuffed and the feet are shackled.

Number 1 shows the handcuffs. There are two rings that are connected by a 15-cm-long chain. Once the hands are put into the rings, screws secure the rings so that the hands cannot be taken out.

Number 2 shows the shackles. The two smaller rings on both ends are used to secure the victim's feet. Three bigger oval rings, each 30-cm-long, 20-cm-wide, and 5-cm-thick, connect the two smaller rings on both ends. Once the feet are put into the smaller rings, the rings are secured by screws so that the feet cannot be taken out.

Number 3 shows the ground ring. This ring is secured to the ground. Then the handcuffs, shackles and the ground ring are tied together to a lock on the floor. Under such torture, the victim can only sit and is unable to lie down. The police often lock practitioners this way for several days straight. If the practitioners wanted to use the bathroom or eat meals, they would need other people's help. In the winter time, the victim is not allowed to wear warm clothes.

Normally many people would collapse under such torture in no more than two weeks.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.ca/mh/articles/2004/6/22/77647.html

2. Drawings of Torture Techniques - No. 32: Intentional Suffocation


(Clearwisdom.net) Intentional Suffocation is one of the torture techniques used in interrogation and torture rooms, forced labor camps, and brainwashing classes of the public security system in China. It is commonly used on Falun Gong practitioners who refuse to give up their belief.

The police put a plastic bag over the Falun Gong practitioner's head so that he or she cannot breathe. Then they kick and beat the person while shocking him or her with electric batons. This torture technique is extremely cruel, and the victims tortured in this way can easily die from suffocation.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/23/77715.html

3. Illustrations of Torture Methods Used in Chinese Detention Centers and Forced Labor Camps, Part 1



1. "Backing up an airplane:" Criminal cell leaders often use this persecution and torture method on practitioners on the instigation of policemen and jail guards. This torture requires practitioners to bend over while holding the legs straight. Then, with the feet close together, the arms are lifted to the highest position possible, with the hands touching the wall. If practitioners can't bear it, the prisoners in the cells and designated torturers will gang up to beat them. (Figure 1)

Figure 1& 2. The police often uses this method to beat and torture practitioners, and force them to give up their beliefs. Vicious people use electric batons, rubber tubes, and "wolf teeth" sticks to beat practitioners. The insults and beatings given to female practitioners are often even more brutal. (Figure 2)

Figure 2

3. "Tiger Bench" is also one of the torture methods used on practitioners. Practitioners' knees are tightly tied on a "Tiger Bench" [a small iron bench]. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioner's lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse. (Figure 3)

Figure 3 4. "Dead Person's Bed" or "Big Letter Board:" This torture method is what I myself have witnessed. It is used to torture practitioners who are on a hunger strike to protest and who do not yield to any unreasonable demands. Practitioners who are on hunger strike are tied to the "Dead Person's Bed" so that their hands and feet can't move. Jail guards and prisoners force-feed them using the " feeding through the nose" method. Many practitioners have lost their lives from this torture. (Figure 4)

Figure 4

5. "Sitting on the Triangle Iron Board:" This torture method has been described by practitioners who walked out of the evil places like detention centers and forced labor camps. After sitting on the iron board, practitioners' hips bleed and fester endlessly. (Figure 5)

Figure 5

6. The "Electric Baton" is the most-used torture method by policemen and jail guards to persecute practitioners. Electric batons of high voltage--30,000 volts--are used to shock practitioners' sensitive and private places, like the mouth, the root of the ear, the central part of the sole of the foot, center of the palm of the hand, penis, private parts and nipples. Sometimes, multiple batons are used together to torture practitioners. (Figure 6)

Figure 6

7. I witnessed this torture. The foot shackle is combined with handcuffs. One hand is handcuffed to the other hand between two legs. The shackle weighs over 20 pounds. The policemen torture determined practitioners this way for a long time. The practitioners who are tortured this way cannot go to sleep, walk, stand, use the bathroom, or eat a meal. They have to walk in a half-squatting and bowing position. (Figure 7)

Figure 7

8. "Carrying a Sword on the Back" is one of the most cruel methods to torture practitioners. In order to prevent practitioners from doing exercises or whenever practitioners do not obey the unreasonable requests of the guards, the policemen in the detention centers and forced labor camps apply this inhumane torture to persecute practitioners. Usually, this position causes extreme pain in just 20 minutes. However, the policemen handcuff practitioners this way for as long as 4 hours. (Figure 8)

Figure 8

9. "Tying the Ropes" is another inhumane torture method applied to practitioners during interrogation and during the persecution of determined practitioners in forced labor camps, detention centers and police departments of Jiang Zemin's criminal regime. With both arms tightly tied behind the back, both feet off the ground or only the toes barely touching the ground, one is hung from a high place with rope. Sometime there are sharp sticks on the rope. When the rope is tightly fastened, the rope will cut into one's flesh, which is extremely painful. "Hanging up once" means one time of tying the rope. As a severe punishment, this torture was only applied at most twice to criminals who tried to escape from the detention centers. But the police tie practitioners with the rope 8 or 9 times. It is really inhumane. (Figure 9)

Figure 9

10. "Handcuff behind the back:" In order to prevent practitioners from doing the exercises, the police handcuff practitioners behind their backs for a long time. Practitioners handcuffed in this way cannot use the bathroom, eat or sleep. (Figure 10)

Figure 10

11. "Being confined in a solitary compartment" is one of the torture methods applied to brutally persecute practitioners. The height of the cage is shorter than a person's height. The width and length is difficult for a person, for one can neither stand straight nor lie down. Except for a small barred door, all openings are tightly sealed. No light comes in. Practitioners are locked up in these small cells like that because they are determined to tell the truth and do not yield to the unreasonable requirements. Sometimes they are locked up this way for 120 days. They are mentally and physically tortured. (Figure 11)

Figure 11

12. Many Dafa practitioners who escaped from the evil's dens say that in the cell they often heard miserable crying from the hallway and often saw bruises all over Dafa practitioners' bodies from being brutally beaten. Some practitioners fainted and were dragged away by evil guards, policemen or abetting, common criminals. The practitioner's life circumstances are uncertain. (Figure 12)

Figure 12

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.ca/mh/articles/2001/11/23/20186.html

4. Illustrations of Torture Methods Used in Chinese Detention Centers and Forced Labor Camps, Part 2


(Clearwisdom.net) In Chinese labor camps and detention centers, Falun Dafa practitioners are constantly subjected to cruel torture. According to practitioners who have escaped from these havens of evil, besides applying the various torture devices and jolting practitioners with electric batons, police often encourage the criminal prisoners to beat practitioners and then pour cold, dirty water over them. Police even command guard dogs to attack Falun Dafa practitioners!

Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 3

The police inflict cruel corporal punishments in an attempt to force Falun Dafa practitioners to make confessions about fellow practitioners and the so-called organizations or activities, to give up their beliefs and to write "statements of renunciation." If the practitioner will not do what is expected, the police, assisted by the prisoners, will administer the torture method known as "Digging in Bamboo Sticks" (The police hammer sharp bamboo sticks into the fingers of the practitioner through the tips of the fingernails. In the process of the hammering, the fingernail will be completely torn off. As one's exposed fingernail beds are extremely sensitive, the hammering process causes an excruciating pain that one cannot even begin to describe. The police begin by hammering the bamboo stick into just one finger. If the practitioner still refuses to allow his will to be bent, the police will then hammer bamboo sticks into more and more fingers until they have brutally mutilated all ten fingers.) Whoever suffers through this torture experiences unbearable physical pain, as well as deep emotional anguish.

Figure 4

Figure 5

Some detention centers and labor camps roughly and injuriously force feed Dafa practitioners who have gone on hunger strikes. Police instruct the prisoners to force the practitioners' mouths open, pry their teeth apart, and force-feed them with a highly concentrated salt-water solution. Whoever experiences this will be in agony. Once they have gone through this torture, Falun Dafa practitioners will be exhausted, with wounds all over their bodies. After having their lips torn and teeth pried apart, the insides of their mouths and throats are severely injured.

Figure 6

Figure 7

When police inflict corporal punishment while trying to force Falun Dafa practitioners into "confessions," they often use a plastic bag to suffocate them. This is a cruel and easily administered torture.

Figure 8

Figure 9

One method used in the brainwashing classes and labor camps to force Falun Dafa practitioners into giving up their cultivation is known as "Exhausting the Eagle." The practitioners are forced to stand on a stool over one foot tall and are prevented from going to sleep at night. Regardless of their exhaustion, they are still forced to endure their daily workload, which often involves heavy labor.

Figure 10

In order to get Falun Dafa practitioners to reveal their names and addresses, the police will twist their arms back to the most extreme position, pull their hair and bang their heads against the wall. Sometimes the police will press a practitioner's head down above a toilet bucket filled with feces to force the practitioner to smell it.

Figure 11

Figure 12

Figure 13

Figure 14

Almost every imprisoned Falun Dafa practitioner has endured the humiliations of hanging, beating, electric baton shocks, and of being stripped naked. Some practitioners from one labor camp recalled that the police would strip the practitioners, and then use a homemade electric shocking device to torture them. The size and shape of this shocking device is like that of a masonry brick, and it carries a much higher voltage than regular electric batons. The skin will break open and bleed in every place that receives a shock from that device.

Figure 15

Figure 16

Figure 17

Figure 18

Falun Dafa practitioners who had gone on long term hunger strikes could not move their bodies after being tied on the "Dead Person's Bed." (The practitioners' extremities are stretched out and tied to the four posts of an icy-cold metal bed. They cannot move at all; neither are they allowed to get up to eat, drink or even to go to the toilet. This treatment can last anywhere from several hours to longer than two weeks. This cruel method of torture causes severe physical and emotional injury to the practitioner.)

"Board Sitting:" (Sitting on the rough wooden boards without being allowed to straighten their legs.) Every day practitioners have to endure this torture while the criminal prisoners have their two meals and sleep during the long nights. Among those who went on hunger strikes were senior citizens, the middle aged, young students and children, all from common occupations such as factory workers, farmers, administrators, intellectuals, and students. These hunger-striking practitioners drag themselves through one day after another to protest the illegal detention and to call for the release of all illegally detained Falun Dafa practitioners. When a labor camp employee asks them if they would like to eat today, they gently shake their heads with their weak bodies. Then the labor camp officials force feed them, sometimes with highly concentrated salt-water, sometimes even with chili pepper water. However, Falun Dafa practitioners still quietly resist for thirty days, fifty days--even up to one hundred twenty days! Even when they are on the verge of death, the Falun Dafa practitioners who go on hunger strikes will just endure all of this. Some pass away while enduring, while those who survive persevere and remain steadfast.

Figure 19

Figure 20

Figure 21

Many Falun Dafa practitioners are still locked inside "water dungeons" like the one in which female Dafa practitioner Ding Yan died. They have to pass through many days of darkness while immersed in chest deep water. (Link to the article about Ding Yan: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/9/7/13629.html)

Figure 22

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2002/1/28/23940.html

5. Drawings: An Artist's Memories of Her Life in Jail and Being Force-Fed


(Clearwisdom.net) This practitioner went to Beijing to appeal and got arrested several times. She was detained, beaten, and force-fed. She had to divorce her husband. Now she has become homeless and cannot see her lovely daughter. The four drawings below were based on her memories of her life in jail.

Jiang Zemin stepping on the Constitution of the People's Republic of China

Force-feeding in Division 13 of Public Security Bureau in Chang Ping County, Beijing

The cell Falun Gong practitioners lived in Dongshan Detention Center in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province

The cell Falun Gong practitioners lived in Division 13 of the Public Security Bureau in Chang Ping County, Beijing

Chinese version available at: http://minghui.cc/mh/articles/2001/5/26/11490.html

6. Drawing of Torture Technique: Chongqing City Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp Forcibly Feeds and Injects Dafa Practitioners with Drugs



During January and May 2002, the police at Chongqing City Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp forced drugs into Falun Dafa practitioner Qiu Cuixiang in the way shown as the above while using brute force. The one standing aside, instructing the others, is the policewoman Yang Ming. Those who carried out her orders to administer forced injections are convicted drug addicts. They twisted Qiu Cuifang's hair into a strange style to humiliate her. While administering the forced injection, some of the inmates held Ms. Qiu's head, some pried her mouth open, some held her feet and some pressed her shoulders down. Another criminal mixed the drug with tap water and used an injector to force the drug into the Ms. Qiu's mouth. Dafa practitioners Zhou Chengyu, Long Gang, Wang Jiqin and others have died from this vicious torture of forced injection of harmful drugs.

July 9, 2004

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/7/10/79062.html

7. Chongqing City Maojiashan Female Forced Labor Camp Hangs Up Dafa Practitioners by their Handcuffs for Extended Periods (Illustration)



Explanation of the illustration:

In July 2000, Qiu Cuixiang, from Chongqing City, was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor. She escaped using the power of her righteous thoughts, and since then, she has lived in exile to avoid further persecution. In May 2001, police abducted her again and once again put her in a forced labor camp. Two camp policemen wearing steel helmets tied her up with ropes after kicking and beating her. They taped her mouth shut and dragged her to a field to expose her to the elements. They then stomped on her back and shoulders. Qiu Cuixiang lost consciousness on the spot. The police then dragged the unconscious Qiu Cuixiang through every division and every team, exposing her like that for several hours.

After Qiu Cuixiang was dragged back to her division, she was unconscious for an unknown period of time. The policewomen, led by Yang Ming, cut Qiu Cuixiang's hair short and bundled her hair into several clusters to humiliate her. They tried to force her to give up the practice of Falun Dafa. They handcuffed her and hung her from an office window metal railing. Her whole body was suspended in the air with only her big toes touching the ground. They also deprived her of sleep around the clock for 30 days.

During the night, after 11:30 p.m., they hung Qiu Cuixiang from the head of Tang Xiaoyu's bed (a drug addict inmate) and instructed Tang Xiaoyu to watch her. Qiu Cuixiang was beaten and kicked any time she closed her eyes. Qiu Cuixiang was hung from May 24, 2001 to June 24, continuously for 30 days before the head of the labor camp, Wang Rengao, allowed her to sleep. She was still cuffed during sleep. Qiu Cuixiang was handcuffed and hung for a total of 119 days. After Qiu Cuixiang was released from the labor camp, she was taken to the Third Military Hospital for a physical examination. The examination found that one of her lumbar vertebrae had a compression fracture, and was curved and ruptured.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/7/11/79151.html

8. Illustrations of Torture Devices and Methods Used on Practitioners Detained in the Jinzhou District Detention Center, Dalian City, Liaoning Province


(Clearwisdom.net) Below are some torture devices used on Falun Gong practitioners detained in Jinzhou District Detention Center, Dalian City, Liaoning Province.

Torture Device: Death Frame

This device is a rectangular frame made of metal tubes. On the four points of the frame are four cuffs made of thick metal strips. The two smaller cuffs on the top are used to secure the victim's hands, and the two larger ones on the bottom are used to secure the victim's feet. When such a torture is used on someone, that person has to bend his or her body, unable to straighten the body or sit down. When the four limbs are cuffed to this frame, the victim has to endure excruciating pain. Whenever the victim moves any one of his or her limbs, the other three limbs will be painfully wrenched. When the victim is interrogated or force-fed at a different place, they then have to walk a long distance with great difficulty. Every step results in indescribable pain. Non-practitioner detainees would collapse after having such a device put on them for a day or two, but practitioners are often forced to wear such devices for as long as a dozen days. As a result, their hands and feet are badly swollen. Sometimes there are too many practitioners detained, so the guards then cuff two practitioners together to one single frame. In this situation, one hand and one foot of each practitioner are cuffed to the frame. This is even more painful. When only person is cuffed to this frame, they can still manage to relieve their pain by adjusting their position very slowly. When two people are cuffed together, however, one person's movement will often cause severe pain to both people.

Torture Device: Rubber Board

This device is made of rubber. Two types of these devices are used. One type of this device has is covered with rivets on both sides of the board, and is used specifically to beat male practitioners. The other type of this device does not have rivets, and is used to beat female practitioners. In the Jinzhou District Detention Center, the guards often used these boards to beat practitioners. Zhang Shuquan is the prison doctor. He and two other guards have beaten many practitioners using this device. Most of these practitioners are actually from the same hometown (Dengshahe Town) as Zhang Shuquan. However, Zhang was very brutal in beating his fellow citizens. He usually struck practitioners' faces and heads with this board, causing some practitioners to pass out immediately. Some practitioners' faces immediately turned black and blue. When being hit with this board, the practitioners' faces often felt excruciating pain and they felt dizzy.

Torture Device: Bamboo Board

The prison policeman Du Xianjun once used a bamboo board to hit a female practitioner's face. As a result, her face was badly swollen, and there were two long cuts on her face that bled profusely.

Torture Method: Force-feeding

Former director of Jinzhou District Detention Center, Du Xianjun, and the current director, Fan, led guards to brutally force feed practitioners on hunger strike. Several guards grabbed the practitioners by the hair and yanked their heads backward. They had the practitioners sit on the bed board, chair, or on the ground. Then, they inserted a plastic tube into the practitioner's stomach through the mouth. They repeatedly jostled the tube back and forth to cause injury and pain. Thus, the practitioner's esophagus was torn. The tube was jostled in the mouth, throat, and esophagus, causing excruciating pain and almost choking the practitioner. According to practitioners who suffered such tortures, every time after the torture, they felt like they had come very close to dying. Du Xianjun was extremely brutal. In order to escape the responsibility for his crimes, he quit and transferred to a different work unit. At the end of 2000, Du Xianjun and deputy director Wang Wenqi force-fed over 20 practitioners and the scene during and after the force-feeding was too horrifying to watch.

Torture Methods: Carrying Water Buckets

The prison police tied the practitioner's hands up to the heating pipe using two very thick and hard nylon ropes. Then they poured water on the practitioner's face. They brought in two water-filled rectangular buckets. Each bucket contained about 45 to 55 pounds of water, and they used a long cotton string to tie the two buckets together and put them over the practitioner's shoulder. After a while, they used water to dampen the string used to tie the buckets. Since the weather was very hot, a while later the string would attach to the skin. The two policemen then each yanked one bucket back and forth over the practitioner's shoulder. After several yanks, the skin on the shoulder and neck would be torn. The body would be exhausted from supporting the two buckets. After a while, the hands would swell up as well. About 30 minutes later, the practitioner's two arms would become numb and lose feeling. After such a torture, the arms would go dead and not be able to carry anything. After this torture, it usually takes at least half a month for the practitioners to be able to carry things again with their hands. Often it takes half a year until the arms can gradually recover. Male practitioners Xu Zhibin and Miao Junjie were once subjected to this torture. Currently, they are being detained in the Wafangdian City Prison. A female practitioner was also put through this torture, and even though the police filled the buckets half full when torturing her, the pain of this torture was unbearable.

Torture Method: Slave Labor

In order to make money, the police in the Jinzhou District Detention Center forced practitioners to do hard labor by having them make various kinds of products.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/30/78335.html


9. "Hanging a Barrel" -- A Torture Method Used by the Dalian Police to Persecute Dafa Practitioners (Illustration)


By a Dafa practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) On the evening of July 25, 2002, I was arrested at a fellow practitioner's home by the local police who were lying in ambush. They beat and kicked me, aiming specifically for my chest and abdomen, causing dark purple bruises. My head had open bleeding wounds, and my face was also terribly swollen by the beating.

"Hanging a barrel" torture method - illustration

Later, the police drove me to a remote location to continue to abuse me. They found some hard and strong nylon rope that is used specifically for the boating and fishing industry. They suspended the rope from a roof-level heater pipe and hung me up, with both arms tied, and poured water over my face. The police then located two plastic rectangular "barrels" full of water, each able to hold about 40 to 50 jin [approximately 45 to 55 lbs.]. They said, "Since your are female, we will fill them slightly less." A few days before, they suspended two full barrels of water from another practitioner. They used a long cloth strip with each end tied around the handle of each barrel and hung them over my shoulder. After a while, observing nothing wrong with me, the police then wet the cloth strips. Since I was already sweating from the hot weather, the wet cloth strips stuck right to my skin. Each of the two policemen grasped one barrel, with one standing in the front and one standing in the back, and pulled the barrels back and forth in a sawing motion. The skin of my shoulder and neck became abraded and bleeding after being sawed like this for few times. I was tired and in pain, carrying two barrels of water which weighed almost 100 lbs., across my shoulder. The cloth even painfully cut the ligaments in my shoulder. After a while my hands began to swell up. In addition, one policeman began poking my armpits to increase the pain from this torture.

Another half an hour passed. My arms lost all sensation. Later I felt nauseated and was breathing heavily. I was tortured this way for almost four hours. When my arms were untied, they had no feeling at all and I couldn't hold anything. Only two weeks later could my arms hold anything again, and it was six months before they gradually recovered.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/6/6/76439.html

10. Illustrations of Torture Methods at the Wangcun Men's Labor Camp in Shandong Province



The figures below were drawn by a practitioner who escaped using his righteous thoughts from Wangcun Labor Camp in Shandong Province. Because of the practitioner's steadfast belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance," the police tortured him for several months using different methods. But no matter how mean and cruel their tortures were, the practitioner's righteous thoughts were never swayed. He finally walked out of the labor camp, and with his limited drawing skills sketched these drawings filled with blood and tears.

Figure 1: The savage force-feeding

The Savage Force-feeding

Figure 1: The savage force-feeding

(Text in drawing:

1. I don't believe I cannot pry your mouth open. I'll let you have a taste of the mouth-opener.

2. Extending the mouth opener to its full extent.

3. The person is handcuffed to prevent him from pulling out the feeding tube

4. The feeding tube is taped in position.

5. "The savage force-feeding" is a torture method the police use when persecuting practitioners.

Wangcun Labor Camp force-feeds the practitioners with food and medicine with indescribable viciousness. Four to five people surround the practitioner who is tied on a chair and use metal chisels and pliers to pry open his mouth. They will pry and break his teeth to remove them. While injuring the practitioner's mouth and lips, they will use a metal mouth-opener to force open his mouth. They will tighten the opener up against the person's upper and lower teeth, extending the opener as far as it can to cause extreme pain, making him feel as though his jaw will break. They keep it this way for a long time to make him suffer, and then stick a thick feeding tube into his throat to force- feed him. Both one's upper and lower teeth would be loose afterwards, which, combined with the pain in the jaw can cause one to suffer for several months.

Before they force feed a person through his nose as people normally do, they always force feed him a few times through his mouth first, so that he will have a taste of the toughness of the mouth-opener and thick feeding tube.

Electric Shock and "Hanging on a Cross"

Picture 2: Electric Shock and "Hanging on a Cross"

Picture 2: Text in drawing:

Electric Shock:

1. Four policemen use four electric batons to simultaneously shock the practitioner for a prolonged period of time. For those steadfast ones, two of the policemen will step on the ankles of the practitioner and do the shocking.

2. Inner side of the thighs

3. Neck

4. Inner side of the arms

5. The hands are cuffed very tight and bruise and swell

6. Center of the sole

7. After the shock, the shocked area will blister and swell. The ankles will be numb and hurt for months

Hanging on a cross:

1. The torture "hanging on a cross" that is used by the evil to force practitioners to renounce their beliefs

2. The person will be hung like this day and night for several days or up to a month. The arms, legs, and feet will swell. The feet will blister. One cannot walk after one is let down.)

Four policemen will use four electric batons to simultaneously shock the practitioner for a prolonged period of time. For those steadfast ones, two of the policemen will step on their ankles and do the shocking. Afterwards, the practitioner's ankles will hurt and be numb for months, and the areas that were shocked will swell and blister.

"Hanging on a cross" is another torture method devised by the policemen in the labor camp to force the practitioners to give up their belief. They will hang the arms of the practitioner way up above him and force him to stand, also forcing him stand sometimes during urine or bowel discharge. They will hang him this way, day and night, for periods as long as a month. Afterwards the arms and legs will swell and the feet will blister and swell to the point where one cannot walk. Practitioner Chen Xuekai in Linshu County, Linyi City, Shandong Province was hung for over a month.

Continuously Facing the Wall or Confined to a Small Bench


Picture 3  Picture 4

Picture 3: Text in drawing:

1. Wangcun Male Labor Camp in Shandong Province persecutes practitioners: The guards force them to face the wall or sit on a small bench for a prolonged period of time.

2. They are forced to stand against the wall for a whole night, while keeping their body straight. )

(Picture 4: Text in drawing:

Wangcun Male Labor Camp in Shandong Province persecutes the practitioners who steadfastly believe in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance.")

The policemen often force the practitioners to stand against a wall for a long time. Some practitioners were forced to sit on a small bench, from early morning until midnight or even 3 o'clock the next morning. Some were deprived of sleep.

Why is sitting on a bench a torture? Usually we think that sitting on a bench is a way of resting. But that is done in a leisurely fashion - one can change positions freely and decide its duration. But the practitioners were forced to sit in a fixed position (more severe punishment will follow if one changes position on his own), and were not allowed to sleep.

They force the steadfast practitioners to sit on small benches all day. A practitioner will be forced to sit from 5 am till 9:30 pm. He will eat, sleep, wash and brush all in one room, and need permission to go to the restroom. The room is extremely smelly and stifling.

Partial list of names of the doctors and police in the Wangcun Labor Camp

Director: Mr. Han

Captain: Mr. Zhou


Badge number 3731108, name to be identified

Badge number 3731063, Mr. Zhang

Badge number 3731314, Xu Tao

Badge number 3731261, Kong Bosong


Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2004/1/10/64533.html

11. Drawings: Three Typical Methods Used to Torture Falun Gong Practitioners


(Clearwisdom.net May 29, 2003)

Brutal beatings and shocking with electric batons

An artist who practices Falun Gong uses his drawings to show how police officers in China's prisons and labor camps ruthlessly torture Falun Gong practitioners. The pictures depict the police beating and shocking practitioners with electric batons. These paintings were exhibited at Austria's "Art Dynasty Night".

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2003/5/29/51115.html

12. Women Practitioners in Beijing's Xin'an Forced Labor Camp Are Shocked and Stabbed with Electric Needles in Specially Designed Torture Chamber



Falun Dafa practitioner A, female, 32 years old, was kidnapped and sent to the No. 4 team in Beijing's Xin'an Forced Labor Camp (also called the Beijing Female Forced Labor Camp) in July 2001. She has resisted the vicious persecution. For two months, she refused to wear the labor camp uniform, since she is not a criminal and did not commit any crime. She was handcuffed at all times. The camp officials locked her inside the interrogation room, and assigned four people to watch her every day. Labor camp guard Li Jirong forbade her to sleep, take a bath, wash her face and brush her teeth, or use the toilet. At each meal, she was only given a plain and tasteless steamed cornmeal bun made of only corn flour and water [no salt, sugar and oil are added] and some pieces of pickled vegetables. She was beaten every day, so her nose often spurted blood, her eyes were black and blue and swollen, and she had bruises all over her body. Even under this kind of torture, whenever she had a chance to go outside she would shout loudly in the exercise yard, "Falun Dafa is good!" which moved people's hearts. Two months later, guard Li Jirong sent her to the "Extensive Training Team," where she was detained in a small cell. Inside the cell, she could see no light. The door of the cell was always open in winter, so the room temperature was extremely cold. Furthermore, she was handcuffed inside the room in a position in which she could neither stand straight nor squat down. The walls, ceiling and floor of this small cell were covered with some type of electrified needles. If she tilted her body even a little and touched any part of the wall, ceiling or floor, she would receive a shocked by the electric needles. When she was exhausted and sleepy due to the forced long-time sleep deprivation, she was often shocked by the electric needles lining her cell and beaten by the guards. She had needle puncture marks all over her body and her skin looked like a sieve.

She is still being detained under these horrific conditions at the "Extensive Training Team."

Falun Dafa practitioner B, female, 58 years old, comes from Beijing. After she was kidnapped and sent to Beijing's Xin'an Forced Labor Camp in June 2001, she not only resisted the brainwashing, but also openly introduced Dafa in her class and team and clarified the true facts of the persecution. Because of this, guard Li Jirong ordered some people to beat her. One month later, she was sent to the "Extensive Training Team" and put into the dark small cell, where the electric needles were installed all over the walls, ceiling and floor. Inside the tiny cell, she was badly beaten up and shocked and stuck by the electric needles.

Falun Dafa practitioner C, female, 48 years old, comes from Yanqing County in Beijing. She was sent to No. 4 team of the Xin'an Forced Labor Camp in April 2001. She has resisted the brainwashing. The guard Li Jirong forced her to stand at a corner of the hallway and forbade her to take a shower, wash her face, brush her teeth, or use the toilet. Li Jirong also instigated others to brutally beat her, force her to squat, kneel, or "fly" (see picture below). Two months later, she shouted during a sports session, "Falun Dafa is a the righteous way of cultivation." Li Jirong handcuffed her right away, and then sent her to the small dark cell for further interrogation and torture. On the phone, Li Jirong also threatened and verbally abused her family members; Li Jirong claimed that she would extend the practitioner's term by half a year. Now the practitioner is still enduring persecution in the labor camp.

Dafa practitioner D, female, 54 years old, was arrested and brought to the Xin'an Forced Labor Camp in September 2001. She resisted the brainwashing and was cruelly tortured by guards Li Ziping and Li Jirong. The guards also instigated the inmates to beat her, and did not allow her to live normally. During a morning drill, she shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good" and "Falun Dafa is a righteous way of cultivation." The guards immediately covered her mouth and brutally beat and kicked her. The guards then handcuffed her and imprisoned her inside a utility room that provides water; she was squeezed under the sink and forced to remain there. Her ankles swelled and became as thick as her thighs. Even under this condition, the guards still forced her to do extremely heavy labor without any rest. She was forced to do all the dirty and heavy work. The guards also directed other prisoners to brutally kick her while she was working.

September 26, 2002

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2002/9/27/37166.html

13. Iron Chair Device Used by Jiang Zemin's Regime to Torture Practitioners


(Clearwisdom.net) The iron chair is made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time.

Chinese notations on the right side: arm, wrist, leg and ankle restraining cuffs.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2002/1/8/22783.html